Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH/SYS RBX3 Bad US Speeds
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH/SYS RBX3 Bad US Speeds

All of the luck..

Moved from RBX1 due to bad download speeds under 1mbps even from proof.ovh.net

RBX3 perfect speeds for 2 days, now speeds in the US are around 1Mb/s with a 8 threaded download!

This started yesterday, before that I was able to max out my 100mbps connection without issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Since this happened to you on both RBX1 and RBX3, is it safe to conclude that something you are doing on / to the server is causing the servers connection to deteriorate?

Unless everyone else gets that slow of a connection to the US.

• Maybe is not from ovh side. Try to run mtr from both side.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

I get 100+ megabit using wget from a server in US to rbx.proof.ovh.net - I also have servers in rbx 3, 4, 5 and 6 - all getting 100+ megabit using wget from a server in US :-)

Actually.. Multiple servers in US after testing different locations.

Doing multiple threads:

Downloaded 1.0 Gigabyte in 23 seconds. (44731.89 KB/s)

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited July 2017

@SSDBlaze said:
    Since this happened to you on both RBX1 and RBX3, is it safe to conclude that something you are doing on / to the server is causing the servers connection to deteriorate?

Let me clear this up better

NO its not the same issue on both sides.. This issue is different. The issue on RBX1 was speed on the servers DOWNLOAD speed. Clean install of CentOS 6.9 500kbps downloads from proof.ovh.net And in which was resolved yesterday as speeds are now all the sudden normal.

RBX3 - Slow UPLOAD speeds to the USA. Speeds seem fine everywhere else (tested in UK,NL, & France) . I've had several complaints of slow downloads and each confirmed in the USA.

Here in the USA speeds are perfectly fine on RBX1 while Speeds on RBX3 are not.

• @HuntersPad said:

@SSDBlaze said:

Let me clear this up better

NO its not the same issue on both sides.. This issue is different. The issue on RBX1 was speed on the servers DOWNLOAD speed. Clean install of CentOS 6.9 500kbps downloads from proof.ovh.net

RBX3 - Slow UPLOAD speeds to the USA. Speeds seem fine everywhere else (tested in UK,NL, & France) . I've had several complaints of slow downloads and each confirmed in the USA.

Had issues with kimsufi speed. After bouncing tickets back and forth with support they fixed it after 63 tickets and 2 months time.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

teamacc said: they fixed it after 63 tickets and 2 months time

Very reasonable

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited July 2017

@hostdare said:

teamacc said: they fixed it after 63 tickets and 2 months time

Very reasonable

The key is patience, persistance, and staying polite.

Just to clarify: it all happened in 1 ticket, with 30 replies in it from me, and 33 from support.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog Falzo