Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP FPM configuration: pm - dynamic or ondemand?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP FPM configuration: pm - dynamic or ondemand?

So yeah I'm pretty new at the whole VPS configuration thing, but I think I've got a lot of it figured out.
However, I'm configuring the PHP5 FPM process manager stuff, and I'm wondering, what are the benefits of the dynamic and ondemand values for the pm parameter?

Comments

• Dynamic leaves some PHP processes open constantly. If you are not tight on RAM, this may be the way to go.

If you're running on 128 or 256, you may want to use ondemand. It only spawns PHP processes when they're actually needed, but may introduce a slight delay. I don't know if anyone here has properly measured the difference performance-wise between the two.

• @ihatetonyy said:
    Dynamic leaves some PHP processes open constantly. If you are not tight on RAM, this may be the way to go.

If you're running on 128 or 256, you may want to use ondemand. It only spawns PHP processes when they're actually needed, but may introduce a slight delay. I don't know if anyone here has properly measured the difference performance-wise between the two.

Thanks, using dynamic then on my 512.