Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RAS or Citirix XenApp like application
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RAS or Citirix XenApp like application

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Hello all.

I have a client looking to access things like Youtube and Facebook using one of our server's as LIKE a VPN, but NOT a VPN. The client does not want to directly use their own browser and instead has been trying to use RDP, RAS and XenApp.

Viewing static pages is obviously fine, but streaming videos off Youtube via RDP and/or remote application services obviously does not work very well (some jitter and audio synchronising problem).

RAS / XenApp seems to work via the browser, which apparently is what they want. They want a solution that requires no configuration or software installed on their computers and can work from multiple platforms (linux/windows/mac).

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to ensure video streaming is smooth via these remote application services as the video streams need to be buffered. You cannot buffer an RDP session so I do not see how can buffer remote application sessions.

I have suggested using a Socks Proxy but apparantly that requires 'too much work'.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Comments

• S3phyS3phy Member

Does he use Linux or Windows on his own device? He could try running X11 forwarding if he is on Linux.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

They have multiple devices, but I am certain they dont have Linux. Windows mainly and probably a few Macs.