Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to signup when you're listed at FraudRecord for BS reason?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to signup when you're listed at FraudRecord for BS reason?

localhostlocalhost Member
edited July 2017 in General

If you're listed at FraudRecord for some rediculous reason, you can still try some providers. My BS record dates from 2014, but since then I have purchased several services without any problems whatsoever. Apperantly they do see your record but are aware of the many dubious listings in FraudRecord. Just try the top rated providers at lowendbox.com Iniz, Ramnode, Virmach etc. Good luck!

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

Link your FR record please.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Thanks, very informative.

Thanked by 1cubedata
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

If you ever try to sell here, I have specific set of skills. I will find you.....

• localhostlocalhost Member
    edited July 2017

@hzr said:

Link your FR record please.> @pbgben said:
    If you ever try to sell here, I have specific set of skills. I will find you.....

im shitting my pants right now. thank you

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • localhostlocalhost Member
    edited July 2017

@hzr said:
    Link your FR record please.

Record has just been removed. Thank you for your interest

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited July 2017

I have just attended to some tickets that needed to be handled. I have removed some reports, likely @localhost's report has also been removed (although I don't know which one it might be).

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

breach of privacy - I have noticed that some providers do use inappropriate way, but any provider will read the comment and make their own decision, if the so "good customer" marked for spamming or DDOS the fraudrecords is great tool to avoid such "good customers".

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2017

@WebProject said:
    breach of privacy

Not necessarily. Always set expectations with your customers up front that if they choose not to be customers by violating certain area of your terms of service, you will share their information with FraudRecord. It's in my MXroute terms of service. It's especially not a violation of privacy where the most basic and true type of fraud occurs, identity theft. Then you have no obligations to the identity that they used. It may not even be a real identity.

At least, I speak from a US perspectve. I know EU has more strict privacy laws in place, but thankfully none of those apply to me ;)

Glad this got cleared up for you @localhost, sounds like it wasn't a valid entry if @Harzem cleared it. I still wish you had named and shamed, because anyone misusing it should simply be subject to the court of public opinion. That's where I feel some matters are best handled, in public :)

• How does this work? could any summer host just put Joe Blogs in because Joe got upset when his service he paid for was trash?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2017

@corbpie said:
    How does this work? could any summer host just put Joe Blogs in because Joe got upset when his service he paid for was trash?

It's a free market style theory of responsibility, in that it can be self-regulating all by itself under almost every common condition. Exceptions would be minimal and theoretical, no problems have occurred that cannot be resolved by this theory. The theory is that yes, anyone could submit a report, but when I'm reviewing reports against new customers, am I going to take them at their word? It's in my best interest to not allow just anyone to dictate which clients I take, so I will exercise good judgement when using the data to make decisions.

On the other side of that, if a provider takes every FR entry as the gospel and denies your service because of some random report from someone they've never heard of, have they not just saved you from entering into a potentially bad business relationship with someone who is incompetent?

I get, at minimum, one signup a day with 3 or more matching fraudrecord entries. I ignore them. Every now and then I see a report that saves me from having to pay for credit card fraud. Totally worth it. That's a $25 fee PLUS the loss of their payment every single time, where I can simply lose their payment instead by refunding quickly.

I also will, until Harzem tells me to stop, place an entry on your FraudRecord stating that you are someone who is worth doing business with if you are a customer of mine and request it. If you already have points on your FR entry, the host is either incompetent and denies you immediately or they open it to find out why. If they open it to find out why, they can see a positive review of you from me. If you have a good standing with me at MXroute, I will do this for anyone on request. I think @Harzem should provide a method for submitting these properly instead of doing what I'm doing, posting a 1 point negative report with text that defines it as a positive review.

• HarzemHarzem Member

jarland said: I think @Harzem should provide a method for submitting these properly instead of doing what I'm doing, posting a 1 point negative report with text that defines it as a positive review.

Something much more comprehensive for "positive reports" is on it's way :)