Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System On Grid 1 Year Free VPS = 1 CPU | 1 GB | 10 GB SSD | 1 TB BW - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

System On Grid 1 Year Free VPS = 1 CPU | 1 GB | 10 GB SSD | 1 TB BW

Comments

• sogtech said: 1.) You register and create an Orbit with temporary password. 2.) When you login to the Orbit for the first time, you login with temp password and then the orbit will prompt you to change the temp with a new password with complexity rules. This is to protect your orbit from brute force attacks as simple passwords are easy to crack. 3.) Once your password is updated, you can login with your new password.

@sogtech said:

@httplife said:
    Created account > Activated > added credit card information >> created orbit >>> next day..
    "Incorrect username or password"

Why is that? Because I signup when their payment gateway still in demo/test mode.

"Why not just REMOVE client and have them signup again to get their credit card information!"

I apologize for this inconvenience. I would like to say that our process works in this way:

1.) You register and create an Orbit with temporary password.
    2.) When you login to the Orbit for the first time, you login with temp password and then the orbit will prompt you to change the temp with a new password with complexity rules.
    This is to protect your orbit from brute force attacks as simple passwords are easy to crack.
    3.) Once your password is updated, you can login with your new password.

Apparently, somewhere the process did not go right, but we can definitely fix that for you. Also all this process is not related to payment gateway. Our payment gateway is not in demo mode. The incorrect password comes if somehow you forgot the new password you gave. Also, I don't know whether you noticed, there is a reset password option in the Dashboard you can definitely try. Also, we are one of those few who provide instant chat support. You can have pinged us on the chat and we would have reset the password right away for you. Please try this out and you can PM me if its not resolved.

I will also strongly recommend to check your CC statement. You should only see not more than 2 transactions $0.99 and $1.00 which will be reverted to your account in next 10 days. This transaction is just for fraud prevention. You can PM me anytime if you have any further apprehensions with your credit card or any thing related to systemongrid.com

It is NOT about temp password login or credit card process issue.

I can login Dashboard and created Orbit.
    And show
    "" ssh ubuntu@ipaddress ""
    On first day. but next day.. My account was REMOVED!

If that is how your works is. Then you are making a mistake.

1. You can disable / deactivate client's account, then send notification / email and try to work it out with client.
    2. NEVER DELETE / REMOVE client's account or service WITHOUT notification / email. You just making things worst.
  • sogtechsogtech Member
    edited August 2017

Deleted

• sogtechsogtech Member
    edited August 2017

@httplife said:

It is NOT about temp password login or credit card process issue.

I can login Dashboard and created Orbit.
    And show
    "" ssh ubuntu@ipaddress ""
    On first day. but next day.. My account was REMOVED!

If that is how your works is. Then you are making a mistake.

1. You can disable / deactivate client's account, then send notification / email and try to work it out with client.
    2. NEVER DELETE / REMOVE client's account or service WITHOUT notification / email. You just making things worst.

That is not how it is supposed to work. I am absolutely sorry if that has happened. Can you quickly PM me the user-id that you have used to register. We never disable an account without notifying the user first. This seems to be some kind of a bug. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

• America only, I hate you >:-D

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • @JabJab Well I already said on this forum that I can give link to register free without CC check. That exception is there in this forum and I can certainly accommodate if you are outside NAM. Send me a PM.

• @httplife I checked from our system back end and I am unable to verify your account as I cannot pinpoint without the username. I am still waiting on your PM. Also, we did more deep check and Its absolute conclusion that in an event of the account getting suspended, we definitely send out an email explaining the circumstances and the options towards resolution. So I guess you have our mail sitting somewhere in the SPAM folder. We are ready to take responsibility if your account got messed up, but we need to know what exactly happened and I can conclude definitively only and only if you let me know the user-id of your account.

• @sogtech said:
    Guys I have received few PMs for links to register without CC. Let me repeat the links expire in 24 hours and I am not sure if people will have time on weekends. Hence I will be replying to all those requests on Monday so that you guys can register right away before the link expires.

Would be nice if the link was sent to me earlier as I don't have much time in the daytime tomorrow, but it'll work anyway if it was tomorrow.

• @sogtech

I did this just out of curiosity. Since your advertisement caught my attention. However, I do not feel like to provide my credit card information. So I might not run further test with your service.

No email from you is in the SPAM folder.

Few things that I did so far

Activation email I got from you was on "Friday, Aug 25, 12:53 AM" <- Works fine.

Billing information was test mode, now live.

Create Orbit,
    Ubuntu <- Works fine
    Debian <- Failed

After account removed
    Forgot "Username or Password", shown "Forgot Username Success We've just sent an email with information about your username to the email you provided. Please check your inbox for more information." <-- failed, no email.
    which means. my email was removed. And your system did not verify whether my email registered or not.
    (why I sure about this part? because, I registered 2nd account using different email to run it again, and it is working fine with 2nd email. )

Parts that I like about your site
    1. UI / UX
    2. Popup notification,
    3. "Please complete your billing information before continuing."

• @httplife said:

I did this just out of curiosity. Since your advertisement caught my attention. However, I do not feel like to provide my credit card information. So I might not run further test with your service.

No email from you is in the SPAM folder.

The only way I can verify then is with username. Otherwise it will just be another game of your word versus mine.

@httplife said:

>

Debian <- Failed

After seeing your message I spooled up 10 Debian orbits and all work fine. If you reach the Technical Support we can figure out what is going on. We have nobody else complaining on Debian.

@httplife said:

After account removed
    Forgot "Username or Password", shown "Forgot Username Success We've just sent an >email with information about your username to the email you provided. Please check >your inbox for more information." <-- failed, no email.
    which means. my email was removed. And your system did not verify whether my email registered or not.
    (why I sure about this part? because, I registered 2nd account using different email to run it again, and it is working fine with 2nd email. )

Not really, maybe you gave a wrong email address. We checked this part, and for ambiguity we always display that message, even though the email does not exist in our system. But that also means that specific email address was never used to register in our system. It might be a case of simple typo. But then if you give me the username, I can tell you what exactly happened.

• I had just about enough requests for "Free Orbit without CC Check". Pausing for the time being. Thanks and we hope this helps to build the trust.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • WSSWSS Member

Good luck not losing your business with all of the cheap, broken, shitty people who abuse free services that come out of the woodwork here.

• @WSS I will take my chances. Thanks!

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • @httplife

Thanks for sending the PM with your account details. We figured out what was the issue. We had a small bug during which the Front End was pointing to the Staging database in one of the many web servers. Unfortunately, you were the only one who got connected to that server and rest happened exactly what you described. And luckily we did a code update for some other feature the very next day which fixed that bug. This happened without us even realizing. We take full responsibility for this. To ensure this does not happen in future we are completely isolating the staging environment from production, so that we can easily catch this during deployment testing. This has been done at the time of this writing.

We are adding a $50.00 credit to your active account. Please consider that an apology for what happened and as a gratitude for letting us know the problem. Thanks again for working with us to fix this issue.

Thanked by 1___
  • WSSWSS Member

Well someone is awesome, but will need to start blowing his way through the middle east to afford to stay online..

• Everyone, 2 things I wanted to inform if you have not noticed yet:

1.) Our SLA is 99.99% and if any of your paid resources experience downtime, you will not get charged for that resource for the entire month.

2.) We do not charge when you pause the orbit. Only storage charges apply as the Orbit's Volume is still occupying space on our block storage.

• @WSS Customer Satisfaction is very important to us. We will make money as we grow and release more features. In fact we believe our user base will help us succeed financially.

• WSSWSS Member

@sogtech You're on the wrong forum for that.

• @WSS said:
    @sogtech You're on the wrong forum for that.

Maybe, hence I limited the "Free 1 Year without CC" for only few requests :D

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Everyone, a quick update. We are accepting paypal now and Bitcoins will follow soon. Take that all those who are not comfortable putting a CC on file :) Well we are still better than the equifax :P

• @sogtech said:
    Everyone, a quick update. We are accepting paypal now and Bitcoins will follow soon. Take that all those who are not comfortable putting a CC on file :) Well we are still better than the equifax :P

I honestly don't care if a host does an Equifax lookup. (as long as they inform me)

• @doghouch said:

I honestly don't care if a host does an Equifax lookup. (as long as they inform me)

Dude/Dudette you got it wrong. We don't verify with Equifax. My comment was sarcastic that people are scared about putting CC on our file but then it was the most trusted Equifax that got busted. Chill!

• @sogtech said:

@doghouch said:

Dude/Dudette you got it wrong. We don't verify with Equifax. My comment was sarcastic that people are scared about putting CC on our file but then it was the most trusted Equifax that got busted. Chill!

Oh, I meant in general.

• @sogtech said:
    Everyone, a quick update. We are accepting paypal now and Bitcoins will follow soon. Take that all those who are not comfortable putting a CC on file :) Well we are still better than the equifax :P

Well your system says: "You must have atleast one default card".

(You might want to add a space between 'at' and 'least', btw).

• @sogtech

With all due respect, either you are stupid or something smells.

You are low on money (no shame for a startup) but you are giving away for free them VPS. ... for a full year... and then you keep them VPS on a strangling leash. Do you want to make sure that your VPSs get known as being lousy or what?

Maybe I'm pervert and weird (the fact that I like @WSS strongly hints at that) but I'd be more interested if you gave away 1vCore/256MB/5GB KVM VPSs for 5$ per years or something like that.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

You acknowledge that the Service Plans offered on this website are on best effort bassis and may pose some unlikely yet unavoidable risks to you...

Your TOS has typo's, but I find it concerning that I could be at risk. Will you beat me up for cancelling? "Your gunna want to keep that service plan... you know drives fail right" cracks knuckles

• @nyvpsuser said:

@sogtech said:

Well your system says: "You must have atleast one default card".

(You might want to add a space between 'at' and 'least', btw).

Right now Paypal is good for purchasing credits. It will take a few days to create account just with Paypal and no CC on file. But if you are not putting CC on file you are not going to get a free orbit.

• sogtechsogtech Member
    edited September 2017

@bsdguy said:
    @sogtech

With all due respect, either you are stupid or something smells.

You are low on money (no shame for a startup) but you are giving away for free them VPS. ... for a full year... and then you keep them VPS on a strangling leash. Do you want to make sure that your VPSs get known as being lousy or what?

Maybe I'm pervert and weird (the fact that I like @WSS strongly hints at that) but I'd be more interested if you gave away 1vCore/256MB/5GB KVM VPSs for 5$ per years or something like that.

With all due respect, I don't care much what you think. We have users who have hosted their company website on free tier, they are not complaining. We have throttled the free tier orbit as of course it is free. Paid orbits are performing much better. You can call them lousy or whatever but that is what we are offering. I don't think we will make much changes to the free tier, but we will be doing a upgrade to paid tier to squeeze out better performance and at the same price as now. I hope you can give it a try and I do think you will be just fine with a free orbit.

• sogtechsogtech Member
    edited September 2017

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

You acknowledge that the Service Plans offered on this website are on best effort bassis and may pose some unlikely yet unavoidable risks to you...

Your TOS has typo's, but I find it concerning that I could be at risk. Will you beat me up for cancelling? "Your gunna want to keep that service plan... you know drives fail right" cracks knuckles

Thanks for pointing it out. We will correct the Typos. The universal truth is everything electronic is susceptible for failures. And users have to plan for redundancy. We will be providing more locations and more zones soon so that user can plan redundancy accordingly. We also have 3x replication on block storage which is offered by default and at no extra cost. But if the data/app is important, users have to plan more redundancy.

• Thanks, but after

@sogtech said:
    With all due respect, I don't care much what you think.

I'm not interested in

I hope you can give it a try and I do think you will be just fine with a free orbit.

Not for free nor for any price.

Good luck anyway. There will certainly be others who like your offer.

• Well I signed up a bit earlier and it seems to be working all fine for me. Happy with it so far, here's a benchmark to anyone who is interested.

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.5.3
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 2499.996 MHz
    Memory          : 993 MB
    Swap            : 3071 MB
    Uptime          : 7 days, 2:27,

OS              : Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 3.13.0-129-generic
    Hostname        : reacted