Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2TB or more Online Backup in Netherlands
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2TB or more Online Backup in Netherlands

CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

Hi All,

Looking for a one way backup storage solution based out of US for privacy reasons and all that snowden talk...:P

Can anyone recommend any that you would trust and a reasonable price?

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Pfff you think the NSA knows what country borders mean? If you've got anything to hide that they wanna see, they'll get it no matter where it's located. If privacy is truly what you're after, better to save to drives or external drives that you encrypt, take offline, and store in a safe somewheres.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

got nothing to hide but i just watched the movie lol

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

:) no worries. If Netherlands isn't a hard requirement, then @cociu (in Romania) might have something for you or @time4vps (in Lithuania). Otherwise maybe look at online.net's AMS datacenter dedis.

Thanked by 1time4vps
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

I can recommend @time4vps :)

Thanked by 1time4vps
  • maldoviamaldovia Member
    edited July 2017

If your data is encrypted it doesn't matter where it is.

Besides that, i'd probably want Norway, over the Netherlands.

• LeonnLeonn Member
    edited July 2017

I recommend transip.nl which provide free 1TB owncloud storage and 2TB more for €10

• Thanked by 1joeri
  • magicvpnmagicvpn Member
    edited July 2017

@MasonR said:
    Pfff you think the NSA knows what country borders mean? If you've got anything to hide that they wanna see, they'll get it no matter where it's located. If privacy is truly what you're after, better to save to drives or external drives that you encrypt, take offline, and store in a safe somewheres.

They might not get the data if you host in cyberbunker, but they are kinda expensive for just storage and thier IP's might be listed in every blacklist you could think of.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited July 2017

@inthecloudblog thank you :)

What is your budget ?

Probably less the $50 per year

i'd be happy with 1TB