Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SYS RBX1 slow speeds?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SYS RBX1 slow speeds?

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited July 2017 in Providers

I guess maybe moving to France was a bad idea?

554K/s eta 3m 2s using http://rbx.proof.ovh.net/files/

Lately I've noticed at random times uploading is extremely slow, while downloading has been sort of fine normally maxing out around 300mbps during heavy traffic times. Instead of 10 min to upload a large file its taking about 3 hours!

But right now traffic is low. I'm on the cheap 29 euro E5 one. Thinking about getting one in Canada hoping its just congestion.

Any others experiencing this?

Thanks

Comments

• I get 65MB/s from this file. I'm on DC2 Online.net France.

• DrFallenDrFallen Member
    edited July 2017

Must be you I'm getting around 90-100MB/s from that file. I have a server in RBX1

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • Just an update, Since my date was almost up, thought I'd just buy another france one this one is in RBX3 and not having a single issue with speed yet.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

they've been doing upgrades in their France DCs on switches/routers and total DC link capacity to increase speeds, so you might have been on an older/more congested/overloaded network(router/switch, etc) on your other server

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Seen low speeds also

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited July 2017

Thought I'd provide another update, problem occuring again on RBX1 thought I'd play around with Plesk before it got shut off from expire and Its now been over 1 hour Plesk /CentOS 7 is STILL installing via the SYS control panel. Clearly something is wrong network wise. Its Rack: 03A01

I was gonna maybe pay for it again if things where fixed and move back to using Plesk, But I guess I'll let it go as something is clearly wrong, If things take forever to install its clearly not an issue on my end lol.

From looking at the BW usage on the SYS panel the average download speed is around 500kbps

• WSSWSS Member

Yeah. OVH can fucking suck. Just let it go and move on, because someone will rent it, then let it go. They still get their installation fee.

• @WSS said:
    Yeah. OVH can fucking suck. Just let it go and move on, because someone will rent it, then let it go. They still get their installation fee.

Install is free thankfully. Cause I'm about to order another and request account credit for the remaining time on my RBX3 server as peering speeds are bad compared to RBX1was.

• WSSWSS Member

Not with Kimsufi. :( Good luck!

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @WSS said:
    Not with Kimsufi. :( Good luck!

Thought about getting the Dedibox® ST8 From Online.net, but that setup fee. Which I guess I would pay if I knew I'd be happy with the service

• WSSWSS Member

I had one box with Online. Then a resold one from OneProvider. They were both pretty meh.

• Well would you look at that! - http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=26205

Told you something was up! lol.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

Yeah someone else probably called them and complained and got mad so they walked over to the rack and saw the switch in the rack was the issue, at least the issue is fixed for the next person who gets your server, which sucks as you had to go a month with the server having issues and basically lost money, I'd call them and tell them about it so you don't loose money on a non-working server

• TaKeNTaKeN Member

2017-07-26 10:02:20 (73,4 MB/s) - zapisano `1Gio.dat' [1073741824/1073741824]

To Poland OVH.