Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just had WHMCS hack attempt, old exploit though
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just had WHMCS hack attempt, old exploit though

I am posting this in case anyone cares to know in case it may affect them. I checked around and it is an old exploit but I would like if someone posted this here if they saw it being tested.

The exploit is based on submitting a ticket in WHMCS and the information is here: http://www.devilscafe.in/2012/05/whmcs-hacking-with-sumbit-ticket.html

I tested it on myself just to confirm and I found it to be fixed and not working.

Thanked by 1Spencer

Comments

• Very old exploit..nothing new. If everyone not updated...every serious provider updated his whmcs.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Had someone try it earlier today as well

• smansman Member

I've had lots of those attempts. Not for at least a year though. So ancient history in internet time.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We do get those, almost every couple of days.

• block "inurl:"

Thanked by 1Adduc
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

I hope WHMCS 5.3 really gets its act together. The delay in launching is fine as long as they make sure no new exploit / regression / bug comes up.