Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LetsEncrypt For cPanel Plugin adds Proxy Subdomain Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LetsEncrypt For cPanel Plugin adds Proxy Subdomain Support

Previously on LET.

I just got an email from Alex @ LetsEncrypt for cPanel letting me know they finally pushed the update with Proxy Subdomain Support [Link]. It's about time I suppose.

Thanked by 2Francisco jar

Comments

• FritzFritz Veteran

Time to switch back to LE @Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Fritz said:

Possible, but I do like the global DCV catch, it makes things quite nice.

Francisco

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

The official one also supports it already, no need to use a 3rd party

• I guess it "does", but for those who like the 3rd party one (like myself) where the user has control over provisioning the SSL Certs would appreciate it I guess :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • sureiamsureiam Member
    edited July 2017

@Francisco said:

@Fritz said:

Francisco

I'm quite fine with the CPanel certs. Frankly I'm just glad to have free verified SSL. CPanel or Let's encrypt makes difference to me as long as it's the more stable option. People are getting spoiled with features in shared hosting to be so picky about let's encrypt vs CPanel certs! Haha

• FritzFritz Veteran

AFAIK, last time in Buyshared, using AutoSSL provided by cPanel gives downtime several seconds for Litespeed.

@sureiam said:

@Francisco said:

@Fritz said:

Francisco

I'm quite fine with the CPanel certs. Frankly I'm just glad to have free verified SSL. CPanel or Let's encrypt makes difference to me as long as it's the more stable option. People are getting spoiled with features in shared hosting to be so picky about let's encrypt vs CPanel certs! Haha

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Fritz said:
    AFAIK, last time in Buyshared, using AutoSSL provided by cPanel gives downtime several seconds for Litespeed.

That's an issue for litespeed to fix then, if it can't do a proper reload or a graceful restart, then it's bad.

• sureiamsureiam Member
    edited July 2017

Maybe. But I haven't noticed it. I have a 1 minute watch on my sites using hetrixtools and uptime hasn't differed much from my previous host without free ssl or dedicated IP. Could be sliding under the radar of that though. Not sure.

@Fritz said:

@sureiam said:

@Francisco said:

@Fritz said:

Francisco

• FritzFritz Veteran

I'm using StatusCake to monitor it. Not a big problem for me either as I still host my clients there.

I guess @Francisco have fixed the problem, last 2 week ago average weekly uptime was 99.85%, last week was 100%.

@sureiam said:
    Maybe. But I haven't noticed it. I have a 1 minute watch on my sites using hetrixtools and uptime hasn't differed much from my previous host without free ssl or dedicated IP. Could be sliding under the radar of that though. Not sure.

@Fritz said:

@sureiam said:

@Francisco said:

@Fritz said:

Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Fritz said: I guess @Francisco have fixed the problem, last 2 week ago average weekly uptime was 99.85%, last week was 100%.

It's quite possible that was the massive XMLRPC flood I had to clean up. There's an entire /24 being used to blast XMLRPC reflection floods which knocked a few wordpress heavy nodes offline. Originally I only blocked an IP or two but as time went on more and more IP's were taking part. In the end I dumped the entire /24.

Francisco

• That's great news, thanks for sharing. :)

Thanked by 1DigitalFyre
  • sureiamsureiam Member
    edited July 2017

wish more people would just add this to their .htaccess hardly anyone uses XMLrpc anyway.

<Files xmlrpc.php>
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
    </Files>

@Francisco said:

Fritz said: I guess @Francisco have fixed the problem, last 2 week ago average weekly uptime was 99.85%, last week was 100%.

It's quite possible that was the massive XMLRPC flood I had to clean up. There's an entire /24 being used to blast XMLRPC reflection floods which knocked a few wordpress heavy nodes offline. Originally I only blocked an IP or two but as time went on more and more IP's were taking part. In the end I dumped the entire /24.

Francisco

• sarahsarah Member

Jetpack uses xmlrpc