Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

25% OFF Recurring: Prometeus launch dedi-thread KVM 'slices' at steal prices.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

25% OFF Recurring: Prometeus launch dedi-thread KVM 'slices' at steal prices.

Already mentioned by @bersy in the pinned offer thread on FP, but I felt I should create this thread too.

(So many people creating request threads for Production VPS.)

With the launch discount, it's competitive with BuyVM slices at higher slabs. ($1.407/GB-ram)

copying the mailer, with some edits for brevity:

LPAR, Logical PARtition KVM Servers for Business

Dedicated, solid, reliable and dependable virtualization.

A logical partition, commonly called an LPAR,
 is a subset of a computer's hardware resources, 
virtualized as a separate computer. 
Each LPAR is completely independent of the other instances and
 can run its own Operating System and Applications.

KVM is a hypervisor running on CPU with hardware virtualization,
 providing services that allow multiple computer OSes
to execute on the same hardware concurrently.

Depending on the requirement of your application,
 you can choose from Standard LPARs (more dedicated cores, lower frequency, ideal for multithreaded applications)
 or High frequency LPARs 
(less dedicated cores but with higher frequency)

All servers include:

Fully dedicated CPU and RAM
Large and fast disks SSD RAID 10
Linux or *BSD operating system
1 IPv4 address and prefix 64 IPv6
10 Terabytes of traffic per month
Powerful control panel
Large choice of ISOs and Templates

We are pleased to offer a limited number of LPARs with a recurring discount of 25%, use the coupon LPAR25OFF on checkout. More information and order links here:

Product URL : http://www.prometeus.net/site/lpar.php

Comments

• Hope they will add Private networking interfaces to this product soon.

That or Bandwidth pooling, would be increase conversion, since instances (seem) limited to 10TB transfer regardless of slab.

• Got myself one of those! Nice stuff!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @3606202 said:
    Got myself one of those! Nice stuff!

Can you please post a benchmark?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • 36062023606202 Member
    edited July 2017

What kind of benchmark would you like to see? Please note that I am already configuring it for live usage (the offer came exactly at the right time) and cannot run some tests for hours, consuming all resources during that time. Maybe someone else with a more idle VM is willing to help out.

What I can say is that the storage reached always at least 5k IOPS during the tests that I made. You get one or more dedicated threads (depending on the plan) of an E5-1650 v3 @ 3.50GHz and the network is what Prometeus' network in Milan is known for: Stable and overall satisfying for most needs. The VM seems very well isolated so far, like I would expect it from dedicated resources.

I am really, really happy that Prometeus decided to offer something like this. Most of their XEN plans seemed somehow outdated in the meantime. Dedicated CPU & RAM, SSD storage and 10 TB traffic at those prices and this level of service are quite awesome.

Thanked by 2vimalware mtsbatalha
  • wxcszhwxcszh Member

A little expensive, but the configuration is very high.

• hanoihanoi Member

Seem only in Italy location.

• Out of stock already.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2017

Cheap ones are E5 and the expensive ones E3?

Any benchmarks?

• emilvemilv Member

Cheaper are E5-1650v3 and the other is E5-2620.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • williewillie Member

The Italy location is of limited interest.

• Italy
    OVZ

not for me boyos

• guonningguonning Member
    edited July 2017

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz

Number of cores : 1

CPU frequency : 1999.999 MHz

Total size of Disk : 39.0 GB (1.0 GB Used)

Total amount of Mem : 3961 MB (464 MB Used)

Total amount of Swap : 1022 MB (0 MB Used)

System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 51 min

Load average : 0.05, 1.44, 1.33

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 2.6.32-696.1.1.el6.x86_64

I/O speed(1st run) : 187 MB/s

I/O speed(2nd run) : 217 MB/s

I/O speed(3rd run) : 208 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 204.0 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed

CacheFly 205.234.175.175 23.7MB/s

Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 1.30MB/s

Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 1.78MB/s

Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 8.48MB/s

Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 7.94MB/s

Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 465KB/s

Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 1.67MB/s

Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 2.09MB/s

Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 12.4MB/s

Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 941KB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 1.29MB/s

• Ouch. That network doesn't look as great as I remember though.

Maybe a temporary congestion due to benchmark mania.

• @guonning Could you post another fresh bench.sh output?

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • I was gonna buy one, but those network stats are extremely horrible. WTF am I gonna do with 2-3MB/s to USA, shit my own home internet is faster than that.

• WSSWSS Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    I was gonna buy one, but those network stats are extremely horrible. WTF am I gonna do with 2-3MB/s to USA, shit my own home internet is faster than that.

Prep another parachute account?

• edited August 2017

@WSS said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    I was gonna buy one, but those network stats are extremely horrible. WTF am I gonna do with 2-3MB/s to USA, shit my own home internet is faster than that.

Prep another parachute account?

I know you are good at that judging from your previous banned given to you for evading a ban. Is just that I don't want to be doing things that are going to compromised my account here, you know what am saying?

My mama once told me, "Boy make a decision with your life, and stay away from bad influence".
    I gotta keep a tunnel vision here, and carry my self like a respectful and admirable member of the LET community, you know what am saying?

I know you like to be on my knob like corn on the cob, but @WSS I have to wish you well. You know what am saying?

• WSSWSS Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    My mama once told me, "Boy make a decision with your life, and stay away from bad influence".

>

I gotta keep a tunnel vision here, and carry my self like a respectful and admirable member of the LET community, you know what am saying?

I hate to break it to you, but.. LET doesn't seem to forget, nor forgive without a general consensus, and I wasn't the first one to call you out.

I just continually remind you that it's pretty well known, and that you should either use your new pretend persona without referencing things your persona would obviously have no knowledge about, or just confess and maybe, just maybe, they'll let you out of the penalty box. Hell, it's happened before.

• edited August 2017

@WSS said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

>

I hate to break it to you, but.. LET doesn't seem to forget, nor forgive without a general consensus, and I wasn't the first one to call you out.

I just continually remind you that it's pretty well known, and that you should either use your new pretend persona without referencing things your persona would obviously have no knowledge about, or just confess and maybe, just maybe, they'll let you out of the penalty box. Hell, it's happened before.

I've been using numerous forums for the past 13 years continuously, don't use facebook or twitter. In the many forums that I have participated, there is always someone like @WSS and a group of inner circles that always thanks each other with useless annoying jokes that only them know.

You could find that info really quick by scraping a good chunk of threads with something like Scrapy or Requests, and extracting the thanks then do apply a simple KNN algorithm to classify the users and get an eye view of what group they belong too. From there make a list, and interact with them directly, that will get the group to notice you when you first come in.

After that, just cruise along and change directions and help out new members and "chill out" be less controversial. I'm a different person now, I don't do controversial stuff or cuss out members out, now I'm more chill. In fact, all you have are baseless accusations because that is the only way to attack me. You can't compute or understand that applying simple BASIC data science to a forum can get you plenty of information about the how the members of the forum act and relate to each other.

• WSSWSS Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    After that, just cruise along and change directions and help out new members and "chill out" be less controversial. I'm a different person now, I don't do controversial stuff or cuss out members out, now I'm more chill. In fact, all you have are baseless accusations because that is the only way to attack me. You can't compute or understand that applying simple BASIC data science to a forum can get you plenty of information about the how the members of the forum act and relate to each other.

Baseless accusations by having several forum members who have been here decades have said "Whose re-reg are you?" I mean if you want to wank about it intellectually, try to use something other than bullshit statistical diversions stating that it could be easily attained by a properly designed scraper. Fine, you can be incredibly full of shit, if that's how you so choose to define your new self- but I sure as hell am not going to trust you any more than I would anyone else who was banned, and I doubt many others will, either. I wish you no harm, and actually hope you have good luck with your new account, after all, as I stated before, LET has forgiven and forgotten before. I still reserve the right to give you shit. :)

• edited August 2017

@WSS said:
    I wish you no harm, and actually hope you have good luck

I guess this conversation really ends here with your welcoming words. Thanks man I appreciate your final blessings!