Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much do you pay for internet? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much do you pay for internet?

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited July 2017

$40 USD/month for 45/5 Mbps with AT&T U-Verse. Haven't had a day of downtime with them and I've been very happy with the service over past two years. Only issue is at the end of each yearly contract, I have to go through the whole "that was a promotional offer, we're going to increase your price if you want to keep your current plan and I'll respond with "that's great, please redirect me to the cancellation department instead" and suddenly they're able to maintain the promotional rate for another year.

• karjajkarjaj Member

Telia 100/10 VDSL2, 9.90€/month

Thanked by 1BecomeWebHost
  • jhjh Member
    edited July 2017

£70 per month for 50Mbps uncontested+unmetered symmetric up and down at the office (we're just outside https://b4rn.org.uk/ reach which is something like 1Gbps unmetered for £30/month)

£47 (inc line rental) for unmetered 76Mbps VDSL at home (again just outside B4RN)

£20 for 10GB 4G

Boingo subscription part of £450 yearly Amex fee

... so too much

• @MSPNick said:
    got a special at virgin media for £20 vivid 200... it's been ok, not to bad has been quite a bit of congestion but I also found out about that last week on watch dog :P

200/11 I get.

Varies a lot by area, I have it because the alternative was ASDL2+ and mines usually ok, I know a friend in another area with it and his is unusable at peak time (Talking 500ms+ latency and 1Mbit if you are lucky some evenings)

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

Mobile: Airtel 4G - Rs. 349 for 28 days (2GB daily limit)

Home: Rs. 16000/yr for 20/5 GPON :D

• @jh said:
    (we're just outside https://b4rn.org.uk/ reach which is something like 1Gbps unmetered for £30/month)

OMG! This is dirty cheap!!! :(

• jhjh Member
    edited July 2017

mtsbatalha said: OMG! This is dirty cheap!!! :(

Yeah it's incredibly annoying. The farmers, many of them in walking distance, get 1Gbps and the IT companies don't. When we last moved, we looked at a house that was covered by B4RN and I was trying to sell it to my wife.

• madnoobmadnoob Member
    edited July 2017

Around 35 € for flat (fair share) 120/15 + tv + flatrate phone (landlines) in Croatia.

• $20 with unlimited tether on an unlimited talk, text and data plan from Verizon. Even when above 22GB, speeds do not slow down.... may be sticking it to AT&T but still not as fast as AT&T.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2017

i have 3 Internet now

FWA 40/20 £23 a Month

VDSL 80/20 £54 a month (SLA)

LTE 150/18 £39.99 a month

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

@cheapwebdev said:
    $20 with unlimited tether on an unlimited talk, text and data plan from Verizon. Even when above 22GB, speeds do not slow down.... may be sticking it to AT&T but still not as fast as AT&T.

How do you get it this cheap? Is this a 10 year old grandfathered plan?

• EdmondEdmond Member

$70 for 25mbps down and 5mbps up. 300GB bandwidth cap.

• $40 for 20mbps unlimited bandwidth.

• boerndboernd Member

199,95€ for unlimited LTE (20 - 50mbit/s depends on day/time) in germany

• mintmint Member

although i don't pay for my internet here's list of what i'm using right now:

KT 100/100 FTTH for 22,000 KRW. no caps so far. Gigabit plans are available but I just don't want them for now.

KT 450MB-then-400kbps data (unlimited calls and text) for 38,500 KRW. not interested on mobile internet.

• Belgium here.
    75€ for 200/20 with a FuP:
    750GB: 12AM -> 12PM
    Unlimited: 12PM -> 12AM

unlimited data would be 100€ for 240/30

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

like $200/month for Cable TV, and 100 down 12 up through comcast, data is unlimited but after 500GB you are charged $20 or something to have a "data cap removed"

verizon I get unlimited call and text and 2GB of data for $100/month as well

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

MikeA said: $20 with unlimited tether on an unlimited talk, text and data plan from Verizon.

I have a family member who has that plan, he's been fighting Verizon to keep it, they've tried to take it away but never did, once you walk into a store and say don't touch it they don't, another family member had it but best buy mobile secretly took it away without telling her during a free upgrade back when they used to allow you to get a free phone upgrade every 2 years, once they found out like a month later they were pissed but vzw wouldn't give it back

These are indeed are grandfathered in plans from the 2000's back when 3G CDMA EV-DO was still a popular thing on phones with sliding out keyboards that ran those Java based OSs and Symbian and stuff with WAP internet browsers

Businesses in my county have to pay absurd amounts for fiber internet, as there's a local ISP that apparently needs to charge that much to pay for their bandwidth

• Like $0.25 month for ADSL 6MB down / 750k up

• @Gamer said:
    Carrier: Rogers Communications in Ontario Canada
    $75 cad for 100 down / 10 up

Stay the f**k away from Bell Canada, nothing but headaches with their service.

Locked in a f*cking contract :(

• elgselgs Member

$55 a month.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2017

For my home cable connection /150mbit down, 10mbit up, unmetered/ 27,50€ at Vodafone.

I'm student.
    If you want to do the right contract hopping you need to change every 2 years to not end up paying 35€ for the same shit. - Switch to a monthly contract for 6 months - move back to 2 year contract and get "new customer" offers. Guess it's like this in most countries, I live in Germany though.

And I only use mobile internet to check bus/train connections, my traffic doesn't exceed 100MB a month which I get free on a SIM card that receives advertising via sms.

Maximum possible transfer rates offered to me are 400Mbit/25Mbit on cable from Vodafone for 32,50€ and 50Mbit/10Mbit on VDSL from Deutsche Telekom for arround 15€. (prices including student offer and contract hopping after 2yrs)

• drivexdrivex Member

About 35 Euros per month for 80mbit down, 15 mbit up.

• 100 a month for 10Meg down/756mpbs up on wireless. 45 unlimited talk/text/web I also live in the boonies in Michigan. Tech here in this state sucks.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2017

30$ for 4MB/s downstream and 0.250MB/s upstream.

• GolbinexGolbinex Member
    edited July 2017

This for ~13$ in Czech Republic. Do I have the worst connection here?

• FuslFusl Member

€50 for 150/30 LTE with ~80/25 during the day and stable 150/30

Stability:

• @Golbinex said:

This for ~13$ in Czech Republic. Do I have the worst connection here?

Nope.

• 200/200 fiber w/ dynamic ip in the Netherlands for 65/mo including 2 telephone lines and 2 tv stations

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

$6/mo. for 1Gbps up/dl

Pavin.

This discussion has been closed.