Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ramnode website??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Ramnode website??

Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

So this is the new ramnode website that's coming up? O_o

Comments

• How did you find that ? :)

• @Grimmy2 said:
    How did you find that ? :)

It's listed in the designer's portfolio: http://www.varcoedesign.com/

• Ah right, looks great though :)

• @Nick_A may be able to confirm this.

• RelipRelip Member

Looks great! :)

• plan listings look really confusing

• @Ruchirablog said:
    plan listings look really confusing

Filler content, there probably not final. Looks really nice anyway so i hope it is there new site :)

• MikeInMikeIn Member

The design (overall) looks nice :)

• I like it ;)

• ZenoZeno Member

Looks good !

• IvanIvan Member

Yup it looks good! I've been waiting to see the new design and it turned out to be really nice :) Love the white + black + orange colour scheme. Simply perfect for RamNode.

• Not bad but not much geeky than the current site.

• The current site is much better, IMO.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Yeah that's a rough draft. Still plenty to be done but we're excited about it.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited July 2013

So that's behind Nick's avatar changes.
    I gotta say I love the current plain & simple design, but the new one seems quite refreshing.

• it remember me of stromvz haha

• The new design looks a lot lot better.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

@Jeffrey said:
    The current site is much better, IMO.

Yeah current one looks nice and simple. New one looks cluttered, and also just like every other provider's website.

But anyway, who cares, it's just the website.

• looks like iniz old one, when they were called stormvz. ?:D

• DylanDylan Member

The new one (or the draft) does have a very generic layout, but it looks much less aesthetically dated than the current site and a familiar layout isn't necessarily a bad thing since it makes user navigation easier.

Since it is still a draft, anyone can feel free to offer suggestions. Hoping to have it done within a couple days.

• JTRJTR Member

@Nick_A said:
    Since it is still a draft, anyone can feel free to offer suggestions. Hoping to have it done within a couple days.

I prefer the old (current) site's style of showing plans on separate pages with just an overview of each type on the front page.

The clock icon looks a bit odd compared to the others.

Other than that.. It looks great!

@JTR - agreed on both and both are being changed already. The plans he listed were filler.

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited July 2013

Look like swiftvm template though. :p

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited July 2013

It all looks pretty much like a temple, just a cheap one sadly. Honestly looks like a nock-off of AKDesigners work. I really hate our current site design, but then that's just me when it comes to design. I am just way too picky.

@Nick_A Good luck with your new design. Just some little things that are annoying me, some of the spacing between headers and the text is a little off and needs increasing a tad. I would personally decrease the font size on the sign-up buttons a little bit, same with the pricing.

I would add a little more padding around the twitter tweet, plus correctly align that date on the tweet (its really annoying me).

Make the "performance at its peak" not all upper case, and increase the spacing in the footer a little, but other than that not bad. (Sorry ex-designer here).

Yeah that's not the real logo - he took a draft and added something to it. The real one just says RamNode.

Thanks guys.

• BK_BK_ Member

@Nick_A said:
    Yeah that's not the real logo

Good. Because everything is awesome aside from that :P

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Nick_A it looks nice.

• KoreyKorey Member
    edited July 2013

Deleted

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited July 2013

Looks good to me, although the old one is better as easier to distinguish between KVM and OpenVZ.