Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to use the Rescue Mode WinPE on OVH?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to use the Rescue Mode WinPE on OVH?

I installed windows system on OVH with DD mode.
now have a problem to login the win system,
I see rescue Mode WinPE in this page https://www.ovh.com/us/g920.rescue_mode
so anyone have ever tried this?
I submited a ticket on OVH, but they response is really very slow

Comments

• I don't think it's a forum to discuss pirated windows.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • @dedipromo said:
    I don't think it's a forum to discuss pirated windows.

it's a topic about OVH winPE rescue mode

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

Windows PE is a custom recovery OS you can select alongside made-in-ovh rescue pro and BSD rescue, it's not pirated or anything like that at all it's an official recovery option in their control panel and network boots your server into it for recovery/diagnostic, etc purposes.

I've used it in the past and been able to login and do stuff, but that was a while ago now, I think you had to use VNC or something to login as well, or maybe it was RDP, it had a windows xp classic theme like interface but really was based of the Windows 7 recovery environment or something like that

• FalzoFalzo Member

I think the information is outdated, haven't seen an option for this in the netboot/rescue menu. you probably could use IPMI and mount a rescue cd ISO from your local desktop or any RDP and make the server boot from this...

• You should use the IPMI of your server control panel.

• NexusH798NexusH798 Member
    edited July 2017

edited

• MaikoBMaikoB Member

You need to use an OVH's Windows image if you want to use the WinPE mode.

If you have installed Windows by yourself (and I DO NOT recommend using the "dd" method... just go for an installation using an ISO and the IPMI...), OVH will not support it. And the WinPE rescue should not show up in the control panel.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

MaikoB said: (and I DO NOT recommend using the "dd" method... just go for an installation using an ISO and the IPMI...), OVH will not support it.

Yeah the best route is, especially if you have an OVH dedicated server, is to use the official windows server install, it seems people forget on ovh.com servers Windows Server is also available as a reinstallation option as OVH officially provides Windows on these machines.