Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3GB+ mem KVM/XEN VPS located in Central US with decent CPU?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3GB+ mem KVM/XEN VPS located in Central US with decent CPU?

Hey, I am looking for a VPS with a few requirements.

-Xen or KVM based (good isolation)
-Central US location (Dallas/Chicago and similar)
-50GB+ HDD space (SSD not required), 80GB ideal
-3GB of Memory, 4GB ideal
-2+ vCPU cores (3.0ghz+), 4 ideal

Best offers for something like this?

The best option I've found is this. https://lowendbox.com/blog/letbox-exclusive-offer-dallas-and-la-locations-from-vps-offers-from-7-95month/. It is nearly perfect but the HDD space is uncomfortably low. I don't need an SSD. I don't think I particularly need 4 vCPUs but it would be nice.

Like the LetBox offer, $8/mo is the perfect price point for me, but I can stretch a bit higher with enough features in the 'ideal' category.

Thanks for looking this over!

Comments

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2017

I'm not sure on Dallas availability, but their recent LA special KVM offer is 4GB/120GB for $7/month. @key900

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited July 2017

[removed - didn't meet req's]

• YuraYura Member

@MasonR, ImpactVPS resource pool is not KVM or Xen, which OP specifically asked for.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @MasonR said:
    @Awmusic12635's ImpactVPS resource pool offer is still valid @ $7 a month. Might be able to work out something with him about adding some additional disk space to your plan. Service is great, btw! You'd be able to deploy a server in Dallas (or NYC/Seattle for that matter).

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/104655/impact-vps-resource-pool-41-off-seattle-dallas-nyc

Not KVM though. But ImpactVPS is a solid service.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Yura said:
    @MasonR, ImpactVPS resource pool is not KVM or Xen, which OP specifically asked for.

Roger. My bad, overlooked that.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • Thank you for the replies. The LetBox deal linked does seem like it would be perfect but it only extends to LA, @bersy, but if you could offer something similar at Dallas that would be great, @key900. I have been contacting LetBox sales and they don't seem to be willing to change the promotional packages I linked to though.

• How about getting a $10 dedicated server from wholesaleinternet? They are based on Kansas which satisfies your needs.

• WSSWSS Member

@dedipromo said:
    How about getting a $10 dedicated server from wholesaleinternet? They are based on Kansas which satisfies your needs.

The Core2Quad is $15/mo. I think I own the last Core2Duo they have.. and I refuse to let go. NEVER.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @WSS said:

@dedipromo said:
    How about getting a $10 dedicated server from wholesaleinternet? They are based on Kansas which satisfies your needs.

The Core2Quad is $15/mo. I think I own the last Core2Duo they have.. and I refuse to let go. NEVER.

Gimme dat now!!!!!!!!!! I haz sum cheetos for it?

• WSSWSS Member

NEVARRR! (Maybe next renewal.)

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

@Thorjelly said:
    Thank you for the replies. The LetBox deal linked does seem like it would be perfect but it only extends to LA, @bersy, but if you could offer something similar at Dallas that would be great, @key900. I have been contacting LetBox sales and they don't seem to be willing to change the promotional packages I linked to though.

Please PM me we can working on something fit your needs.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • sinsin Member

key900 said: Please PM me we can working on something fit your needs.

Any new KVM Dallas promos coming up? I Love my LetBox VPS and I might buy another soon :)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@sin said:

key900 said: Please PM me we can working on something fit your needs.

Any new KVM Dallas promos coming up? I Love my LetBox VPS and I might buy another soon :)

We working into it. It will take little more time we need setting up everything right.

Thanked by 1sin