Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Spec KVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Spec KVM

Hello,

I am looking for a high spec KVM for production use, along the lines of this:

• CPU: 2+ cores (shared)

• RAM: 4GB+

• Disk Space: 100GB+ HDD (no SSD needed)

• Bandwidth: 2TB+ @ 100Mbit+

• DDoS protection: Yes, no more than 1Gbps required

• Budget: Up to $1.75 per GB of RAM (so $7/mo for 4GB of RAM)

No WisHosting please, I already have enough services from them :P

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

3GB Miami Special

3072MB RAM
    2 vCPU Cores
    120GB Storage
    2TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port Speed
    1 IPv4
    /64 IPv6
    DDoS Protection
    KVM Virtualization
    $7/month
    Pay yearly and get 2 months FREE!

[Order Now]

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited July 2017

Offer withdrawn.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited July 2017

Ishaq said: 3072MB RAM $7/month

That's above my budget requirements:

Posted this before seeing the second post

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

We can do the following

Free Bonus :

• 20Gbps DDoS-Shield Mitigation
    • Free 5 Minutes Server Monitoring + Blacklist (Email and SMS alert) Read More
    • Free SMS Unpaid invoice Alert
    • 1IPV4 & IPV6
    • DNS Hosting
    • Custom ISO Available
    • IPV4 rdns Management
    Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited July 2017

@key900

How many IPv6 (a range or a single one)?

• Sorry but 100GB, 4GB, Protection and 2TB (thus ~7Mbit) for 7$... for production usage... is not going to be yielding anything useful from any reputable provider i would trust longer term.

Alone 7Mbit BW cost at least 2.5$, anywhere...

@karatekidmonkey said:
    @key900

We do one but you can order more for free.

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

William said: Sorry but 100GB, 4GB, Protection and 2TB (thus ~7Mbit) for 7$... for production usage... is not going to be yielding anything useful from any reputable provider i would trust longer term.

Alone 7Mbit BW cost at least 2.5$, anywhere...

Too true. And yet, I am tempted to make an offer in HK, if only to get more users on my empty nodes :-). The question is what happens when the price inevitably goes up?

• YuraYura Member

@randvegeta said:
    The question is what happens when the price inevitably goes up?

If you are one of those people who entice customers with an attractive recurring price and then raise the price... You will walk on thick eggs...

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • @karatekidmonkey said:
    @key900

DDOS-Shield... reminds me of ColoCrossing. (the same DDoS protection that can barely protect LET)

@doghouch said:

@karatekidmonkey said:
    @key900

DDOS-Shield... reminds me of ColoCrossing. (the same DDoS protection that can barely protect LET)

We are using Psychz

edited July 2017

Yura said: If you are one of those people who entice customers with an attractive recurring price and then raise the price... You will walk on thick eggs...

I don't know what that means to 'walk on thick eggs'.

There are 2 reasons to sell at a very cheap price (in my view).

1.) For promotional / marketing purposes. (Loss Leaders)
    2.) To make use of otherwise unused/excess capacity.

In 2015, we launched a free VPS service and had a couple thousand registrations. We don't plan on running those VPS forever, but it's been over 2 years now and they are still running strong (though we stopped taking additional free nodes several months ago).

Now, in HK, we have a fair amount of unused capacity with regards to bandwidth, IPs and physical servers. Rather than let that equipment sit there doing nothing, why not setup a few promo deals? Certainly we don't (and won't) over allocate too much of our existing resources to the promo deals, but if we can offer a service at a low price for a year or so, why not? Unless operating costs drop to such a level that the low price is sustainable long term, the service fee will inevitably go up. And I don't really think this is a problem. We would provide ample warning to clients on those promotional services before any potential price increases, and we would honor any period that has been pre-paid. But beyond that, I do not think it is unfair or unreasonable to adjust prices at later dates (again, providing reasonable notice period).

Do you think this is bad practice?

@karatekidmonkey,

Can you pay yearly? I'll do this for you in HK if you're interested.

Disclaimer

TECHNICALLY, as I have mentioned above, I would be selling this to you at a loss. But we already pay for all the bandwidth, and we already have all the hardware. If you buy 1 year, I'll guarantee you that year, but I can't promise the price will be the same if you need it for more than a year.

Will provide HE.net routed bandwidth only (no HGC or CT routes).

• YuraYura Member

@randvegeta said:
    I don't know what that means to 'walk on thick eggs'.

This is a standard lowendbusiness colloquial expression. You may take a look at @WSS signature or just ask around. Fart Mother.

Do you think this is bad practice?

Honesty is always a good practice.

I don't have a problem with your offer, the way you described it. Actually, no invention is required: put "recurring" into offer if it's sustainable for you, or say that it's not and price is valid for 1st payment only. I think this is clear enough and won't make anyone disappointed later down the road.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member

randvegeta said: Can you pay yearly? I'll do this for you in HK if you're interested.

No, the longest I'm willing to pay is quarterly.

Yura said: , or say that it's not and price is valid for 1st payment only. I think this is clear enough and won't make anyone disappointed later down the road.

Sorry I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.

In any case, my idea is to allocate a manageable portion of our otherwise unused resources to generate some revenue from it. Aside from the electricity cost of running extra servers, we already have the hardware and pay for the bandwidth and IPs, so actually any revenue is better than no revenue. As our utilization increases, and we have less and less available resources, rather than upgrade our network, we can simply unwind the promo deals. We normally reserve enough capacity for at least 6 months of our anticipated needs so we can normally give at least a 2 - 3 month notice before any service or price change. Since we always state our promotional offers are PROMOTIONAL and of limited stock, and considerably cheaper than our standard service offering, I think it would be reasonable to assume that the price is not guaranteed forever.

karatekidmonkey said: No, the longest I'm willing to pay is quarterly.

Can you pay with BTC or at least the Paypal / Credit Card fees? Can do quarterly if you cover the fees.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member

randvegeta said: Can you pay with BTC or at least the Paypal / Credit Card fees? Can do quarterly if you cover the fees.

This is a possibility. However, I'm not particularly interested in a location in Asia, I'd prefer NA or EU

• @key900 said:

@doghouch said:

@karatekidmonkey said:
    @key900

We are using Psychz

Oh, I wasn't referring to your DDoS protection. I love to stick a ColoCrossing insult here and there :)

Thanked by 1letbox

@karatekidmonkey said:

randvegeta said: Can you pay with BTC or at least the Paypal / Credit Card fees? Can do quarterly if you cover the fees.

This is a possibility. However, I'm not particularly interested in a location in Asia, I'd prefer NA or EU

The irony here is that I have a DC in LT, and significantly lower operating costs than HK. Sadly our unused capacity isn't quite as large.. so can't help you there. Sorry.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member

randvegeta said: The irony here is that I have a DC in LT, and significantly lower operating costs than HK. Sadly our unused capacity isn't quite as large.. so can't help you there. Sorry.

Alright. Thanks for the offer.