Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User was terminated per TOS, calls down divine punishment but is righteously ignored
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

User was terminated per TOS, calls down divine punishment but is righteously ignored

mark999mark999 Member
edited July 2017 in General

I have a vps from VPSlices only 7days .

the first days, i have only upload a 3gb files ,then test the downloading speed.

from 2m/s to 400kB/s , about every 6 minutes ,the vps offline . every vps limit only 360kB/s downloading speed.

In seventh day , the vps suspension. suspension Reason is Outgoing DDoS. but i have just keep the vps online and do nothing. then i ask who my vps ddos ,
but the administorter say:
"
Dear Mark,

I am sorry to inform you that we no longer can have you here as a customer anymore, this decision won't be changed.

Please don't return here again, for your own good. Good bye.

Kind Regards,

"

why the seventh day??

because (https://vpslices.com/tos ) write: We offer a 7 day money back guarantee of the first invoice. The businessman is sinister .

ok , May God punish the bad guys.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/117292/us-ru-vpslices-special-openvz-offers-for-let-starting-from-2-75-3-50

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Why do you include God in business disputes ?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

Mind posting screenshots of the entire ticket thread? This sounds like something is left out.

• Because I am a star of the Star Wars, and easily written . haha

• @Clouvider said:
    Why do you include God in business disputes ?

Because I am a star of the Star Wars, and easily written . haha

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

but i have just keep the vps online and do nothing.

Did you properly secure the system? It sounds like you got rooted by something like XOR.DDoS.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • CNodeCNode Member

As I wrote in my last post The lowend hoster simply suspend servers for irrelevant reasons to make money.
    The only way is to file a criminal complaint.
    And if the one suspend you have to insist on your money

Thanked by 1mark999
  • VPSlicesVPSlices Member
    edited July 2017

I have a vps from VPSlices only 7days .

the first days, i have only upload a 3gb files ,then test the downloading speed.

from 2m/s to 400kB/s , about every 6 minutes ,the vps offline . every vps limit only 360kB/s downloading speed.

In seventh day , the vps suspension. suspension Reason is Outgoing DDoS. but i have just keep the vps online and do nothing. then i ask who my vps ddos ,

Your VM's CPU usage was always on 100% on the core assigned to you, which caused it to shutdown automatically by nodewatch, manually by me, or other staff members that can see your VPS is abusing the CPU core, which is against what we clearly stated in our AUP. Yet you (or anyone else, but it's your responsibility whatsoever) decided to use your VM for DDoS, and started to complain (and threat us) after the suspension.

why the seventh day??

because (https://vpslices.com/tos ) write: We offer a 7 day money back guarantee of the first invoice. The businessman is sinister .

ok , May God punish the bad guys.

I can confirm that this has nothing to do with the refund policy we have, you never asked for a refund not even once. Plus I doubt it would make a difference if the suspension was on the 6th day instead.

I don't have to explain any further, you failed to abide by our terms of service, you got suspended.

@CNode said:
    As I wrote in my last post The lowend hoster simply suspend servers for irrelevant reasons to make money.
    The only way is to file a criminal complaint.
    And if the one suspend you have to insist on your money

Excuse me?

• cociucociu Member

CNode said: As I wrote in my last post The lowend hoster simply suspend servers for irrelevant reasons to make money. The only way is to file a criminal complaint. And if the one suspend you have to insist on your money

not true ! , i dont think a host need problems , but in 99% case the user is buy cheap services/unmanaged and is "forgott to secure" or "i have give the password to my friend"

Thanked by 1VPSlices
  • CNodeCNode Member

Display the performance was not provided by the host. Helps everything does not go further to the operator and hit him on the muzzle

• CNodeCNode Member

@VPSlices Because of a customer the CPU claimed you make on thick eggs.

• @CNode said:

I am failing to understand this language, but however, I doubt we'll suspend anyone (who never asked for a refund) just to take his £3, this makes no sense really.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @CNode said:

Did someone forget to take their meds?

• CNodeCNode Member

@VPSlices said:

@CNode said:

I am failing to understand this language, but however, I doubt we'll suspend anyone (who never asked for a refund) just to take his £3, this makes no sense really.

Only 3 dollars. If 100 customers are cheating here, there are 300 dollars

• CNodeCNode Member

I get rabies when I see some hosters like you

• @CNode said:

He never asked for a refund before being suspended, am I clear enough now?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@CNode said:

I like my eggs runny, how dare you!

• CNodeCNode Member

@VPSlices said:

@CNode said:

Not before ! After the suspend you must give his money back! You make free money you suspend his server and dont give his money back!!!

@CNode said:

@VPSlices said:

@CNode said:

Not before ! After the suspend you must give his money back! You make free money you suspend his server and dont give his money back!!!

That isn't how it works. If providers were obligated to refund when they suspended service after a ToS breach, abusive customers would keep coming back.

Thanked by 2VPSlices ucxo
  • @CNode said:

So basically I am supposed to refund people after they're suspended for violating our terms of service? Why would they stop violating our terms of service then? What you are saying is illogical and totally nonsense.

Thanked by 2Aidan ucxo
  • @CNode said:

@VPSlices said:

@CNode said:

They don't have to give him a refund. As their terms at https://vpslices.com/tos state, they aren't required to give a refund for violation of their terms of service / acceptable usage policy (8a). From what @VPSlices has said, the OP has used excessive CPU & potentially performed DDoS attacks from the server (and if not the OP, someone has hacked the server to do so), which

Thanked by 1VPSlices
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2017

@VPSlices don't forget to submit that scum to fraudrecord.

Thanked by 1VPSlices
  • cxcoolcxcool Member
    edited July 2017

@VPSlices Good job ,Keep kicking all the chinaman from hostloc off your node ..
    Or you get your server explosion!

Thanked by 1VPSlices
  • the vpslices.com say my vps cpu is 100%, but i have set limit cpu like this:
    (cpulimit software)
    Centos:
    yum install cpulimit

Debian/Ubuntu
    apt-get install cpulimit

cpu high or ddos ?? Lies are not good !

• Forgive me if I'm wrong @mark999, but that script appears to limit any process with high CPU usage to 75% of the CPU. If there's more than one process, that could easily total 100%, or at least continuously run at 75%. Their AUP states:

CPU Abuse: Using 75% or more for more than 30 minutes and/or 90% or more for more than 15 minutes. (https://vpslices.com/aup point 12)

And as you are limiting to exactly 75% of the CPU, whether that be total usage or per application, that still qualifies for them to terminate your service.

Thanked by 1VPSlices
  • @mark999 said:
    the vpslices.com say my vps cpu is 100%, but i have set limit cpu like this:
    (cpulimit software)

Even if you did, the screenshot you posted shows that the limit is 75, which still would cause a shutdown after 30 minutes.

• @jackb said:

Did you properly secure the system? It sounds like you got rooted by something like XOR.DDoS.

Of course it is possible, but I have already sent an email to the administrator to boot, I'll check it out. But they ignore me. the vps keep suspend. What can i do?

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited July 2017

@mark999 said:
    the vpslices.com say my vps cpu is 100%, but i have set limit cpu like this:
    (cpulimit software)
    Centos:
    yum install cpulimit

Debian/Ubuntu
    apt-get install cpulimit

Its not about what software you install its about what you were running on the VPS. Did you even secure the vps or were you running a software that you know nothing about.

It be great to see some logs from vpslices.

• mark999mark999 Member
    edited July 2017

@VPSlices said:

You have the ability to release my account, I will cut off all the boot information. can you ?

edited July 2017

@mark999 said:

@jackb said:

Of course it is possible, but I have already sent an email to the administrator to boot, I'll check it out. But they ignore me. the vps keep suspend. What can i do?

Did you leave root password SSH login enabled with a relatively weak password? It isn't unheard of for XOR.DDoS to successfully bruteforce root within a few days.

This would explain both the CPU usage and the network attacks.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@jackb said:

@mark999 said:

@jackb said:

Did you leave root password SSH login enabled with a relatively weak password? It isn't unheard of for XOR.DDoS to successfully bruteforce root within a few days.

This would explain both the CPU usage and the network attacks.

If I'm not mistaken, XOR.DDoS is the one that generates a randomized process name, right? Ran across that on somebody's system a week or two ago, after they'd failed to follow the "disable password authentication" advice...

This discussion has been closed.