Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SupremeBytes, LLC Acquires SwiftVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SupremeBytes, LLC Acquires SwiftVM

jakejake Member
edited July 2013 in General

Apparently, SwiftVM is closing down. I felt this thread deserved a thread of its own to discuss, the ironic part is that they just posted an advertisement on LET yesterday.

Summer is coming to an end! :)

Comments

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

I thought there were two more months left til the end of summer :(

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited July 2013

Email copy if anyone interested.

Too bad, the server is actually performing great. Or maybe because it's an empty node?

@Liam Deadpool materials?

Dear valued client,

Unfortunately after some internal discussion and long thinking we have decided it is better for you, as a client, for us, as a company, to seize operations and close down. Unfortunately due to some financial issues and budget issues we have been making a loss lately, meaning we have been unable to provide you as a client with the great support promised, and the great services as promised. We therefor think it is better for our clients to find a new provider as SwiftVM will be closing by the end of this month.

We will give a partial refund for the outstanding period to all clients with an active service. Please open a maximum of one support ticket to help speed up the process and not put additional load on our support staff.
    We will begin terminating virtual servers on the 19th of July, 2013. Please BACK UP and data before this date as we cannot guaratee that data recovery is possible after this date! SwiftVM will finally seize it's operations on the 2th of August, 2013, and it's websites and contact possibilities.

We apologize for the inconvenience and short notice.

Thanks,

SwiftVM Team

• The price wars really do take a hit on people. We try to stay out of it. You either end up with degraded services or financial problems. It rarely works out.

Feel for them though.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Sad story. ;(

• What operation are they seizing? Guess school's been out long enough now that they don't care to proofread.

• Extremely short notice :(
    Only partial refunds? Ouch.

• @Zen said:
    So they aren't open to being bought out?

I don't see how another company would buy it after that announcement though. Most customers would leave after receiving that email.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited July 2013

Time for another REFUGEE coupon time.. providers?

• @peppr said:

Don't want to go out of business :p

@Zen said:
    Yeah. They should have looked into it before doing such.

Yeah, would have been interested if they contacted.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I was just wondering to myself the other day how they would continue offering phone support on such a low budget if they grew larger. Oh well - I don't know Jordy but I'm sure Chris put some good effort into it. Other people trying to get into this particular market would do well to pay attention when these things happen.

• Apparently, SwiftVM is closing down.

They posted an offer on Friday and one day later decided to close. //facepalm

The price wars really do take a hit on people.

Renting a server and Solus/WHMCS without having the necessary knowledge/background on how to run a business takes a far larger hit on people and is responsible for more deadpoolings than "the price wars" (and playing follow the leader and taking part in the price wars is usually a symptom of a lack of business acumen).

• [offtopic]

Not sure if anyone still using, spacerich is "dead" too?

• Well i guess theres more to it than what we know of.

Either way i wish them goodluck on this decision.

• BrightbullBrightbull Member
    edited July 2013

Hi everyone,
    I see that people are starting to draw conclusions so I'll make some sort of an official announcement here. We've been running great ever since we started, but unfortunately it seemed prices needed to be lowered and lowered for us to be able to sell, and just when we thought we were doing great we got ourselves a new node in a location which didn't sell at all. We're not blaming this on anyone, or making up any excuse, as it is our fault. That being said, we're not a summer host, didn't close down because we had too little time, didn't close down because we didn't have the knowledge, but we closed down cause money was running out. We could have kept running for another couple of weeks/months, but this would affect our services so we decided it would be better to close down by the end of this month.

It was not an easy decision, and a rather painful decision for both of us. We loved doing this, and hoped we could go on and grow bigger, but unfortunately we had to be realistic to see that there was no future for us, and things would only get worse.

@eric1212
    We will be giving refunds for the remaining period of your invoice.

@DomainBop
    There was no lack in technical knowledge, and we have gotten nothing but positive feedback, but like I said previously money ran out.

@Nick_A
    Nobody actually used our toll-free number ever, and the price was too low for us to worry about it. Me and Chris both put great effort in the company.

@MrObvious
    Not sure how having some typos as a non-english speaker automatically makes us "kids".

Thanks,
    Jordy

• when we thought we were doing great we got ourselves a new node in a location which didn't sell at all

You should really balance your budget in a way that getting an extra node for 100-200$/month doesn't kill your entire operation.

• Or buy a node in the same locations as it sells and offer up a leb and kill the node that doesn't sell. Then when you want a location do a few small test runs on some cheaper hardware if it sells them move to the proper hardware if not kill it.

• I think we can all learn from this :)

@DomainBop said:
    Renting a server and Solus/WHMCS without having the necessary knowledge/background on how to run a business takes a far larger hit on people and is responsible for more deadpoolings than "the price wars" (and playing follow the leader and taking part in the price wars is usually a symptom of a lack of business acumen).

Some great tips to future LEB-hosts :)

• IshaqIshaq Member

They were running a good operation, it's a pity they had to close.

• The reason why new startups shouldn't play the "If you can't beat them, join them" game.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited July 2013

Or don't depend on LEB/LET solely to make you rich :-)

Thanked by 1krs360
  • Possibly none of the LEB providers get rich by these low prices. They barely cut their costs.

• @finlandvps said:
    Possibly none of the LEB providers get rich by these low prices. They barely cut their costs.

Ask FRAN and Chris :P

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@peppr said:

As requested:

50% off all our regular plans listed here(promos not included, location is: LA, California): http://www.ftpit.com/openvz.html .

Code: FTPNEWHOME

• Well, the summer here in the US is nearly ending. :)

• This was never a summer host venture guys... Initially we had everything worked out, and after both of us taking extended periods of time where we were busy and relied on the other to take control of the entire operation while the other was on holiday, it got a bit too hard, we purchased a new node location and never got it to launch properly, so we were in a loss from that pretty quickly.

Thank you for those who have said kind words, for the others who are taking the time to bash us, I'm no longer interested.

Clients were consistently happy with ticket response times and the quality of service, we never experienced any complaints, setup was instant, we were under the amazing wing of Damian of Calihop who i'd reccomend to any provider for San Diego nodes.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited July 2013

Now this is interesting.

Email Title: SupremeBytes, LLC acquires SwiftVM.com!

Dear Customers,

We have acquired SwiftVM and you can stay where you are! We will continue to operate the servers your virtual servers are hosted on over the next few months as we transfer you all into our infrastructure. We will have more information posted on the website shortly.

Don’t leave yet! SwitchVM is here to stay!

Warm regards,
    SupremeBytes, LLC | SwiftVM.com

http://www.supremebytes.comhttp://www.swiftvm.com

Weird email though:

- It was sent from SwiftVM, so the wording "we have acquired SwiftVM" is a bit odd.

- Who is SwitchVM? LOL

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Dear Customers,

We have acquired SwiftVM and you can stay where you are! We will continue to operate the servers your virtual servers are hosted on over the next few months as we transfer you all into our infrastructure. We will have more information posted on the website shortly.

Don’t leave yet! SwitchVM is here to stay!

Warm regards,
    SupremeBytes, LLC | SwiftVM.com

• DamienSBDamienSB Member
    edited July 2013

redacted

• Wasn't SwitchVM one of the companies of the 13 years old kid?

• CoreyCorey Member

That's sucks we were an interested buyer but we only got one reply and never talked $$$