Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Joepie91 got a FBI/HTCU raid...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Joepie91 got a FBI/HTCU raid...

Article is in dutch: http://www.nu.nl/tech/3525423/nationale-recherche-doorzoekt-woning-lulzsec-lid.html

De Nationale Recherche heeft op verzoek van de Verenigde Staten huiszoeking gehouden bij een 22-jarige man uit Dordrecht. De persoon is mogelijk betrokken bij het los-vast hackerscollectief Lulzsec.
Foto:  NU.nl/Youri Bodbijl

Dat vertelt Sven S. in een chatkanaal van Lulzsec. Volgens S. zijn bij de inval twee desktopcomputers, een laptop, meerdere harde schijven, usb-sticks, een verborgen camera, 30 CD's en DVD's, vijf floppydiscs, 6 micro SD-kaarten en iets dat 'in een krant zat gewikkeld' in beslag genomen.

Verenigde Staten

“Er is nooit uitgelegd waarom de inval werd gedaan”, schrijft S. in de chat. “Ze hebben geweigerd om informatie over de zaak te geven. Ik kreeg niet meer (te horen – redactie) dan dat het was 'verzocht door de Verenigde Staten' en een vage hint dat het te maken had met Anonymous.”

De doorzoeking werd uitgevoerd door de het Team High Tech Crime (THTC) van de Nationale Recherche, waarbij volgens S. ook een Amerikaanse agent aanwezig was. Omdat deze zich niet voorstelde of legitimeerde was het niet direct duidelijk voor welke dienst deze werkt. Wel is bekend dat de FBI een medewerker bij THTC gestationeerd heeft om verzoeken sneller af te wikkelen.

Lulzsec

S. staat bekend als iemand met veel technische gaven en een begrip van beveiliging, waaronder cryptografie (versleuteling). Hij bezoekt chatkanalen van het los-vast hackerscollectief Lulzsec.

Een zegsman van het Landelijk Parket van het Openbaar Ministerie bevestigt tegenover NUtech dat er een doorzoeking is geweest. In het belang van het onderzoek kan hij niet aangeven wat de precieze reden van de inval is geweest. Wel bevestigt hij dat de nodige gegevensdragers in beslag zijn genomen.

English Translation by google:

The NCIS, at the request of the United States search held at a 22-year old man from Dordrecht. The person may be involved in the loosely collective Lulzsec hackers.
Photo: NU.nl / Youri Bodbijl

That tells Sven S. in a chat channel Lulzsec. According to S. when the raid two desktop computers, a laptop, several hard drives, USB sticks, a hidden camera, 30 CDs and DVDs, five floppy discs, 6 micro SD cards and anything that was wrapped in a newspaper confiscated.

USA

"There's never explained why the raid was done," wrote S. in chat. "They have refused to give. Information about the case I did not (hear - editor) than it was "requested by the United States' and a vague hint that it had to do with Anonymous."

The search was completed by the High Tech Crime Team (THTC) of the National Crime Squad, which, according to S. also an American agent was present. Because it is not suggested or legitimized it was not immediately clear which service it works. What is known is that the FBI has an employee stationed at THTC to settle. Requests faster

Lulzsec

S. is known as someone with a lot of technical abilities and an understanding of security, including cryptography (encryption). He visits chat channels of the loosely collective Lulzsec hackers.

A spokesman for the National Office of the Public Prosecutor against Nutech confirms that there has been a search. In the interest of the investigation, he did not specify the exact reason for the raid has been. However, he confirms that the necessary data carriers have been seized.

Comments

• five floppy discs

lol

Thanked by 2rds100 mpi
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So it was just a search/raid he was not arrested?

"and anything that was wrapped in a newspaper" what? is that just a bad translation or?... what?

• IshaqIshaq Member

Yeah that looks like bad translation.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    "and anything that was wrapped in a newspaper" what? is that just a bad translation or?... what?

Should be "something"

• FFFlipFFFlip Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Fish & chips

• AmfyAmfy Member

Next question is: Has anyone contact to him and how can we support him?

@FFFlip said:

:)

• Hang on, I will make a proper translation.

Thanked by 1OnraHost
  • awsonawson Member

People need to stop being paranoid/security-obsessed. Look what happens.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • He's on IRC. Doing fine.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Well, what a surprise.... Not.

• DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited July 2013

NCIS has executed a search on a 21-year old man, living in Dordrecht, by request of The United States. The person might be involved with the hackersgroup LulzSec.

That is the story that S. is telling in a chatroom. According to S, police seized two desktop-computers, a laptop, multiple hard disks, usb-sticks, a hidden camera, 30 CD's and DVD's, five floppydrives, six microSD's and something what has been covered in some newspaper sheets.

United States
    "No one ever explained why NCIS performed a search", S. says in the chatroom. "They refused to give me more info about this case. I did not hear any more than the United States 'has requested a search'. Vaguely police hinted the case might be partly about Anonymous.

The search was executed by Team High Tech Crime (THTC), part of NCIS. According to S, a cop from the United States was involved. Because the cop did not legitimate himself, or never told who he was, it is unclear to which instance the cop belongs to. Though, it is known that the cop was stationed in The Netherlands to solve requests more quickly.

LulzSec
    S, is known as someone who has a gift on technical systems, and has a big knowledge on cryptography. He is a visitor of hackers collective LulzSec.

A spokesman of Landelijk Parket Openbaar Ministerie (something like Justice -red.) confirmed to NUtech, there has been performed a search. Due to research, spokesman did not want to give a concrete reason why the search has performed. Moreover, he did confirm police seized some digital information.

There you go. And please PM me any grammatical errors, as I study Journalism and my English should be perfect. I'm open to learn some new stuff. :-))

• I never tought the police in NL would do something like that. I don't see them doing anything else besides writing tickets for people that are driving 5km/h to fast.

• @taronyu said:
    I never tought the police in NL would do something like that. I don't see them doing anything else besides writing tickets for people that are driving 5km/h to fast.

As far as I know, @Joepie91 has been arrested or such before.

• @DennisdeWit said:
    As far as I know, Joepie91 has been arrested or such before.

I can't really find how Joepie did any damage. Or he was a nice guy so I don't think he was blackhat. They should do something about those 12 year ddos kids. They are doing much more harm.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • police seized two desktop-computers, a laptop, multiple hard disks, usb-sticks, a hidden camera, 30 CD's and DVD's, five floppydrives, six microSD's and

"five floppydrives"
    WTF?!

• CoreyCorey Member

@sundaymouse said:
    WTF?!

lol... a whole 10mb worth of data.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@taronyu said:

Nobody cares about the DDoSers, they are usually not involved in free speech movements in any way shape or form.

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@Amfy said:
    Next question is: Has anyone contact to him and how can we support him?

I walked by yesterday but he wasn't at home that moment I think.

• rds100rds100 Member

Wait, so they go raiding some 21 years old kid, seizing his floppy disks yet nobody bothers raiding Ecatel? Yes, that makes sense. Efficient use of taxpayer's money.

• Is he going to start begging for money again?

Thanked by 2MrObvious debug
  • FBI will probably have fun trying to read them floppies. Probably don't have many floppy drives!

• @sundaymouse said:
    WTF?!

Maybe ZIP drives, i have one as well somewhere with like 250mb per floppy.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    Wait, so they go raiding some 21 years old kid, seizing his floppy disks yet nobody bothers raiding Ecatel? Yes, that makes sense. Efficient use of taxpayer's money.

I always wonder how they manage to stay in business. Im thinking "Bank Job" or something along those lines.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2013

Ecatel mainly has very good lawyers and upstreams that don't care.
    The owners are not in the EU either (Russia / Belarus), which helps also.

• @doughmanes I hope not I like joe it's just...he is a social engineer', no one with his brains should/or would be begging.

• @natestamm said:
    doughmanes I hope not I like joe it's just...he is a social engineer', no one with his brains should/or would be begging.

He may have objections to paying for his own criminal defense, which was based on his behavior, just like his rant about how he feels like he shouldn't get up and work like the rest of us

• Well the whole thing is making me introspect so..For how he thinks I should say I have known some Programmers like him. Guys that you learn from and are good to be around and you want to figure out how they tick but when you do in my experience you're just figuring out the tools and sources they have to garner their knowledge. I mean, we're all standing on the shoulders of giants in the end IMHO. And that whole work thing I saw this funny article on Freegans yesterday. But they've been around forever it's just a "cool" buzz word now to attach to someone that would rather dumpster dive than pay for their food. I think if he tried hard enough he would find some thing he can do in his professional life that keeps him more than happy, pays the bills and still generally leave him with the mentality of some one who is striving to live more..progressively, more free you know. I just can't say about things I see news wise any more issues like this seem so complicated which is why I enjoy thinking about it so much. I do hope it works out for him though I really think he deserves to be earning a decent living.

• dnwkdnwk Member

NCIS.... the TV show or the real one?

This discussion has been closed.