Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any recommend of VPS with GPU?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any recommend of VPS with GPU?

I wanna run OBS on my VPS and it seemed to crash without any GPU
can anyone recommend a provider which provides VPS with GPU ?
fair-share is ok, I don't need a dedicated GPU because OBS doesn't cost too much.
thanks.

Comments

• I don't think you can find such VPS, at least for the price defined in the LowEnd range. I would recommend that you take a Kimsufi I3/I5/I7 server and it comes with a built-in GPU.

• WSSWSS Member

@dedipromo said:
    I don't think you can find such VPS, at least for the price defined in the LowEnd range. I would recommend that you take a Kimsufi I3/I5/I7 server and it comes with a built-in GPU.

I would recommend Hetzner Auction, myself. They're trickling down through.

• You cannot partial emulate/share Intel GPUs or normal consumer Nvidia/AMD - you need expensive ones (Tesla/Quadro) for that.

This results in a VPS with a shared GPU by ratio - like AWS - being more expensive than any dedicated server with Intel GPU (which is literally any celeron/i3/i5 with DDR3 and any non socket 2011/2066 i7 plus E3s ending in 5) or even a server with dedicated PCIe GPU.

Thanked by 1Yandex
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited July 2017

OBS doesnt need GPU to work. I use it on win2016 VM without gpu.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Get a 10euro dedi from https://www.worldstream.nl/special.php

Might be able to do obs for you

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

I know people doing 24/7 YouTube livestreams of music, etc with OBS running on PaperSpace which offers VMs with Nvidia GRID (shows up as QUADRO) (https://www.paperspace.com/) Sadly they only support credit/debit card billing as of now, but do offer hourly billing as well.

I don't know of any other hosts that offer this without having to pay a lot of money up-front.

Thanked by 1Yandex
    edited July 2017

@ethancedrik said:
    I know people doing 24/7 YouTube livestreams of music, etc with OBS running on PaperSpace which offers VMs with Nvidia GRID (shows up as QUADRO) (https://www.paperspace.com/) Sadly they only support credit/debit card billing as of now, but do offer hourly billing as well.

I don't know of any other hosts that offer this without having to pay a lot of money up-front.

Thanks for that, Just tested the $15/month box and so far its meh. It wont run any games, not even HL2. Will wait for the updates to finish and give it another go.

Edit, It needed to reboot before I could launch any games, they now run.

• @pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

Thanks for that, Just tested the $15/month box and so far its meh. It wont run any games, not even HL2. Will wait for the updates to finish and give it another go.

Yeah that's good, since you're in NZ I assume you chose the California location, how's latency? Any freezes/lags?

I get around 20ms to their NY location, and was able to set my desktop client to 8mbps up and down (over ethernet) and it works pretty good for me, very minimal to no freezes/lags, I tried the Cali one which I get around 60ms to and I noticed a drop in quality, but still mostly usable

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

I'm going to try running some stuff like Adobe Media Encoder and see how it preforms with stuff like that, I got around 50fps or so in Minecraft with altered/tweaked video settings, although I had a bit of trouble getting it to capture my mouse cursor but I eventually figured it out somehow

Thanked by 1Yandex
  • @ethancedrik said:

@pbgben said:

@ethancedrik said:

Yeah that's good, since you're in NZ I assume you chose the California location, how's latency? Any freezes/lags?

I get around 20ms to their NY location, and was able to set my desktop client to 8mbps up and down (over ethernet) and it works pretty good for me, very minimal to no freezes/lags, I tried the Cali one which I get around 60ms to and I noticed a drop in quality, but still mostly usable

I still wonder how they can afford unmetered bandwidth?

• dragonballz2k said: I still wonder how they can afford unmetered bandwidth?

They use Hurricane Electrics datacenters, maybe they have some deal with them?

edited July 2017

@ethancedrik said:

dragonballz2k said: I still wonder how they can afford unmetered bandwidth?

They use Hurricane Electrics datacenters, maybe they have some deal with them?

Speedtest alluded to a 200/200 connection, but was definitely shared. I have API access to it now, so will perhaps offer it to non CC users on LET if there is a want.

• dragonballz2k said: I still wonder how they can afford unmetered bandwidth?

By being singlehomed HE, in a HE datacenter.

• pbgben said: have API access to it now, so will perhaps offer it to non CC users on LET if there is a want.

Do they bill your card in USD still?

@ethancedrik said:

pbgben said: have API access to it now, so will perhaps offer it to non CC users on LET if there is a want.

Do they bill your card in USD still?

No idea, my bank doesn't seem to mention that.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Yes I have your solution, is called LiquidSky. Thank me later.

• YandexYandex Member

@drizbo said:

all the OBS on my three win2008 VM without GPU crashed, but I've already installed all required runtime packages.

• oh yeah OVH cloud has vpss with GPU but those are in france only and have been all sold out for a while now, so I usually just recommend paperspace instead as they've been reliable for me

• YandexYandex Member

@William said:
    You cannot partial emulate/share Intel GPUs or normal consumer Nvidia/AMD - you need expensive ones (Tesla/Quadro) for that.

This results in a VPS with a shared GPU by ratio - like AWS - being more expensive than any dedicated server with Intel GPU (which is literally any celeron/i3/i5 with DDR3 and any non socket 2011/2066 i7 plus E3s ending in 5) or even a server with dedicated PCIe GPU.

Ahh, I see. Thanks a lot.

• drizbodrizbo Member

@Yandex said:

@drizbo said:

all the OBS on my three win2008 VM without GPU crashed, but I've already installed all required runtime packages.

I had many apps not working on win2008 but same ones work on win2016 on otherwise same setup. OBS works fine, it records without any issue. I run it in virtualbox.

• YandexYandex Member

@drizbo said:
    I had many apps not working on win2008 but same ones work on win2016 on otherwise same setup. OBS works fine, it records without any issue. I run it in virtualbox.

Thanks, I'll try 2016 later.

• ZealZeal Member
    edited August 2017

@ethancedrik said:

I tried out paperspace and they were very unprofessional. Staff even provided wrong information from the start. They took weeks to response to a billing issue. After it was confirmed to be a issue on their end, no compensation was provided.

Maybe try out a Azure VPS, they had free trails.