Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Issues registering 2 character domain name

Issues registering 2 character domain name

bashlykbashlyk Member

I am trying to register a domain name **.tm and running into issues. The error message I get states that the name is too short and minimum 3 characters allowed. Other similar domains like **.kz and **.ru show the same message but they are already registered domains with working and accessible websites. How is this possible? Is there someone HERE who can register .tm domian with 2 characters in its name? Is there a workaround for this?

Comments

• TomTom Member

On a fair few TLDs two-letter domains are reserved or "premium". Seems the case here :/

• WHTWHT Member

You have to check if there are another 2 character .tz domains online. If yes, then the domain providers platform wont allow 2 chars domains to be registered. Search for other provider.

Misterhost.NET (aff) 30% OFF with coupon LET30
    TightHost.com (aff) Reseller Hosting at €2.45

• 2 letter domains are reserved: http://www.nic.tm/rules.html

• bashlykbashlyk Member

Is there any way to register these reserved domain names? May be we have registrars here who can help? I am willing to pay.

• dedipromodedipromo Member

It depends on TLD. Some cctlds allow you to register a 2-character (or even single character) domain at normal price like .md, .cn, .vc, .tn, etc. ; some allow you to register a 2-character domain at premium price like .im, .bi, etc. Some cctlds simply don't allow you to register that sort of names and I don't believe anyone here could help.

3.2 Single or two letter or number domain names are not allowed. Two letter ISO 3166 country codes and Country names are reserved.

from nic.tm

PM me if you would like to apply for Chase Freedom/Chase Freedom Unlimited cards; I will pay you $50 for each successful application via my referral.

• zoneeditzoneedit Member

@bashlyk said: Is there any way to register these reserved domain names? May be we have registrars here who can help? I am willing to pay.

Fill up a briefcase full of cash. Deliver it to the registry.

Zoneedit.com - The original DNS provider, under new management.

• busbrbusbr Member

@zoneedit said:

@bashlyk said: Is there any way to register these reserved domain names? May be we have registrars here who can help? I am willing to pay.

Fill up a briefcase full of cash. Deliver it to the registry.

Hey! So are you guys just offering EasyDNS services under the Zoneedit brand now?

Registration interface looks the same, so I didn't look further.

• WSSWSS Member

Hey hey HEY now... web 1.0 does shit and doesn't require client intervention for ajaxy shit.

Toss the load towards it, and hope you hit the center.

If you want anything.. too bad. Deal with your own problems, like adults. - Ron Swanson

• WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

zoneedit said: Fill up a briefcase full of cash. Deliver it to the registry.

Unlikely, gov is loaded already by gas money.

• bashlykbashlyk Member

@zoneedit pm me if you have means to take care of the problem.

• WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

There is no solution. There are no 2 letter TM domains, not even the gov uses any.

• webiswebis Member

Very tipical. 2 Letter domain names are reserved.

• 2 letter .ID (Indonesian Domain) cost about $37430. If you have that much money feel free to order 2 letter .ID domain.

• With the right amount of money everything is not just simply possible but feasible, the problem arises when the amount is communicated to the party paying the services. And if it has been mentioned by that party that money will be no object; it will surely be an object.

The only times money won’t be an object are those when anything but money is mentioned, as only in those money is not a relevant variable for the party footing the bill, because either it actually isn’t or it’s thinking on getting away without setting the whole bill.

Regards,

abetancort

• marrcomarrco Member

q8.com and q8.it are registered and working

• @marrco said: q8.com and q8.it are registered and working

aa.com maybe its avail

• The rules are registry specific, a good bunch of them have the 3 char minimum. IIRC some changed their rules after the sunrise period.