Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dropping 4yo 40.99€/mo DS @ OVH GRA 1 (expires in 3d)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dropping 4yo 40.99€/mo DS @ OVH GRA 1 (expires in 3d)

I've found this forum by change and... bla bla: I'm just dropping a server within 4 days in OVH GRA 1 at 40.99€/mo w/o TAX and IDK/IDC/TL;DR but there's ppl interested in such things here.

JIC someone thinks its still of use whatever reason u have, I'm just moving to cheaper (and low specs) stuff at online.net since I was not making use of all that.

Comments

• @pantallazo which server is this one?

• Hi, I am interested!

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@mtsbatalha said:
    which server is this one?

Old mSP lineup.

• pantallazopantallazo Member
    edited July 2017

Well, I've not even started to migrate the data from those VM/CT which I'd not like to loose, yet. (freelancer, endless-talking-clients, late-friday, nastystuff, just name one, match)

I put it here somehow quick and dirty but concise enough as I was pretty sure that what I'd get would be a lot of trolling or completely ignored. But as I just saw a guy selling 38€/mo old OVH DS at a nonsense price (for me, obv) I dropped it here too, not looking for money but for the little chance that someone here won't have to pay that much for the features present in ovh ds hw and control panel (which totally beats sys/kimsufi). Not mentioning setup fees.

Well, many of you sent me some private messages, I took some time to reply those as they were popping, but inbox was already flooded after replying the second. So, to avoid repeating myself, (I wish I have time for that someday), here are some points.

I did my homework

(as I never did a server transfer before)

OVH - Procedure to change a service owner (image)

That document had some other bullshit around but after going through all of it, nothing was related to dedicated servers but domain transfers mostly. I'll just need your OVH NIC HANDLE that must end in *******-ovh (sys and such are not allowed to use the ovh panel neither control ovh servers but If you are trying to get this DS, you probably know that).

If you do not have a customer account at OVH, you can create one here

long version FULL HARDWARE SPECS DUMP

short version OVH's old MoM management desktop application

Discussion thread in ovh forums (in spanish)

PLEASE NOTICE DOWNSIDE: Regarding those 200Mbps that I highlighted in red. Those words were the only answer I got from an ovh staff. I'm the thread starter, OVH reply is one before the last post in that thread.

BUT taking a look at my last post there, it looks like that other things improved over time.

I don't know how you do things here and I've not checked forum rules yet, (since I had near no nope of this being of use to someone and less within 3 days).

So, within ~24h 48h from posting this reply I'll edit right here the one that convinced me, (purpose can beat money, tho I've not experienced that, yet).

NOTICE: DS network wont be unlinked until wednesday (battle tested, always day 12 of the month, providing up to 7 more days until they flag it for garbage collection, which I've not tested yet with this DS). As transfer request is sent by e-mail, they may process it manually so until some hours later there won't be any visible event, unless automated.