Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blesta 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blesta 3

markmark Member

So Blesta 3 finally has a release date (14th August), and it looks good. Anyone using the beta? Do we at last have a viable alternative to WHMCS?

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited July 2013

Well first thing is that it's open source which is a big plus for customisation and using it as a base, v3 does looks promising.

They seemed to have release newer beta versions now with SolusVM module so I may test that out later

• jhjh Member

I've been following this closely for obvious reasons and it does look very good. Yes, it's a viable alternative to WHMCS.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

I'm using it for another line of billing, anyone developed custom module for it?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I have an owned license for 2.5 so i think I'll download the beta and try er out.

• Hey look, Blesta has KVM VNC working.

Maybe ModuleGarden can get their module working now? :P

• Maybe ModuleGarden can get their module working now? :P

For the price of the MG module, I just decided to buy Blesta instead :P

• @MrObvious said:
    For the price of the MG module, I just decided to buy Blesta instead :P

I feel it worth mentioning Blesta doesn't have a KVM server to test their module on, so MG saying "our kvm testbed had some issues" is total BS.

• VicVic Member

Below is the pricing structure for Blesta 3. However if you purchase right now, before the release date August 14 you can get an owned unbranded license for $99 and upgrade to v3 when its released

.. Or pay 3x more by buying later

Owned Licenses

$250 Branded ($39/yr optional support & updates, beginning Aug 14, 2014)

$300 Unbranded ($39/yr optional support & updates, beginning Aug 14, 2014)

$500 Lifetime (Unbranded + Never pay for support & updates. Ever.)

Monthly Licenses

$12.95 Branded

$14.95 Unbranded

I'm definitely in for a $99 license, not a bad investment. The v3 release was long planned for about 2 years, and Blesta devs have done a fantastic job. Looks like we're finally starting to see some real competition to WHMCS folks.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @Vic said:
    Looks like we're finally starting to see some real competition to WHMCS folks.

It's going to take a while before it's more of a "complete" solution like WHMCS is. But the devs are awesome, it looks awesome, and the stuff they are doing with it is awesome. Did I mention it's awesome?

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • VicVic Member

Yea, it's awesome, I get it... :P I'm looking forward to trying it out.

LicensePal is offering it for $85, the only disadvantage of going through LP is that you need to contact LP for any license reissues and direct ticketing support from Blesta is not available (although email support is available).

Who should I go through?!

• @Vic said:

LicensePal is offering it for $85, the only disadvantage of going through LP is that you need to contact LP for any license reissues and direct ticketing support from Blesta is not available (although email support is available).

I think it's worth it to go direct to blesta, it's already a steal at $99, may as well support the devs a bit more by going direct and cutting a middle man.

• seraphkzseraphkz Member
    edited July 2013

Seems really pretty. Don't seem to be a lot of modulse/gateway out there for it though.

• The infrequent updates are a bit troubling. I always thought WHMCS had a long update cycle, but Blesta is even longer.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Vic said:

In v3 you can reissue your license by just pressing a "reissue" button ;)

• itgodsitgods Member

The difference is if you buy with us you get an account with us directly and get ticket and phone support. You will also be able to re-issue your license anytime (if you move it from one location to another). LicensePal may have this ability in the future, but probably not right away.

Other than that, it's the same license, eligible for beta and free upgrade to v3.