Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special

Comments

• imokimok Member

DatabaseByDesignLLC said: $14/m on annual billing (We could go even lower if you wanted 10K SAS)

Also, no SSD needed in my case.

Hurry up! I need to go to the bathroom and I can't connect from there ATM.

• itscanonitscanon Member
    edited July 2017

@WSS said:

>

Yep, I don't expect more .. However, It is not above and beyond when asking which interface to use when you see two primary interfaces, enp1s0f0 & enp1s0f1 .

I think this "Short of your server catching fire, you're on your own with these specials. 100% Self-managed - that includes OS reloads. " Should be stated in the footer of any offer when it's the case .

If you can't figure out which interface has pysical media linkage, you don't deserve a colo.

>

>

what media linkage, it's about network interface .. And now a clown such as yourself thinks he can tell people what they deserve and what not ? , A stupid clown I might add.

• WSSWSS Member

@itscanon said:
    what media linkage, it's about network interface .. And now a clown such as yourself thinks he can tell people what they deserve and what not ? , A stupid clown I might add.

Goddamn you're dumb.

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC said:
    (We could go even lower if you wanted 10K SAS)

HOW MUCH LOWER?

Thanked by 3WSS imok MasonR
  • I would take one of those with 10K SAS.

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC Dual Quad E55xx 16GB 250GB HDD GE Port IPMI $100/yr

• So let's just clarify here. We're not dicks, we're here to make sure the service we sold to you maintains uptime. That means hardware failures, network issues, disk issues, attacks ect we're here to help, support and resolve asap. That's our job regardless of the price or special we run. We accept that and want to make sure you guys know that.

Thanked by 3Junkless imok iKeyZ
  • imokimok Member

When will this happen?

• @tenpera said:
    @DatabaseByDesignLLC Dual Quad E55xx 16GB 250GB HDD GE Port IPMI $100/yr

@DatabaseByDesignLLC gives us this deal, and I would like one please.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@tenpera said:
    @DatabaseByDesignLLC Dual Quad E55xx 16GB 250GB HDD GE Port IPMI $100/yr

@DatabaseByDesignLLC gives us this deal, and I would like one please.

Dude, it's difficult to get a 16GB RAM VPS for this price...

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC Dual Quad E55xx 8GB 250GB HDD GE Port IPMI $100/yr

So let's just clarify here. We're not dicks, we're here to make sure the service we sold to you maintains uptime. That means hardware failures, network issues, disk issues, attacks ect we're here to help, support and resolve asap. That's our job regardless of the price or special we run. We accept that and want to make sure you guys know that.

>

@DatabaseByDesignLLC said:

@itscanon said:
    I have 2nd dedi planned for a new project in a couple of months, Might grab one of those 37$ - setup fee + maybe a little bit better/faster support
    Edit : Month to month I should add

Short of your server catching fire, you're on your own with these specials. 100% Self-managed - that includes OS reloads.

>

My 2nd ticket was today early morning, When I was trying to install Ubuntu and came across two primary network interfaces , opened a ticket asking which one to use, No reply .

1st ticket I opened got a reply 3 days later .

Started to feel like you are doing me a favor by accepting my money .. Paying for a year is my mistake anyways . Having said that , What's your refund policy please ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

tenpera said: @DatabaseByDesignLLC Dual Quad E55xx 8GB 250GB HDD GE Port IPMI $100/yr

That wouldn't even cover the power of those CPU's. E55xx's are 80W per socket, nevermind the RAM.

Francisco

• WSSWSS Member
    edited July 2017

@itscanon said:

Fuck you got fasttracked. Also, you're still fucking stupid. Do an 'ip addr' and look which one shows the interface (media) link as up, even with no IP.

WHERE IS MY YETI, SCOTT?

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • edited July 2017

@itscanon said:

Started to feel like you are doing me a favor by accepting my money .. Paying for a year is my mistake anyways . Having said that , What's your refund policy please ?

You know that we don't make any money on these right? You're covering some basic operating costs, so yeah, we're 'giving back' to the community when we run these type of specials. The most we can hope for is some good PR/advertising and maybe an occasional up sell. That's the brutal truth here... any host telling you otherwise is just blowing hot air up your ass.

I've responded to your ticket. If you'd like to continue discussing your account I advise you we do that in private.

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • WSSWSS Member

WHERE IS MY YETI, SCOTT!?

• 10k SAS, what capacity ? Make it a dual disk setup and I am in.

Thanked by 2imok WSS
  • imokimok Member

@WSS said:

WHERE IS MY YETI, SCOTT!?

Dude, you're making me anxious.

@Junkless said:
    10k SAS, what capacity ? Make it a dual disk setup and I am in.

Yeah.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • itscanonitscanon Member
    edited July 2017

@WSS said:

@itscanon said:

Fuck you got fasttracked. Also, you're still fucking stupid. Do an 'ip addr' and look which one shows the interface (media) link as up, even with no IP.

WHERE IS MY YETI, SCOTT?

>

This would be my first dedicated server so excuse me you moron, content of question is besides the point .. impression that client does not deserve support just because it was a cheap deal is twisted and wrong.

I'm not sure how any provider would allow being associated with such a clown as yourself, very bad for business .

@itscanon said:

You know that we don't make any money on these right? You're covering some basic operating costs, so yeah, we're 'giving back' to the community when we run these type of specials. The most we can hope for is some good PR/advertising and maybe an occasional up sell. That's the brutal truth here... any host telling you otherwise is just blowing hot air up your ass.

I've responded to your ticket. If you'd like to continue discussing your account I advise you we do that in private.

So if you don't make money out of such specials, it would be ok to provide less than accepted support ? .. Oh well, My bad again.

• WSSWSS Member

@itscanon said:
    This would be my first dedicated server so excuse me you moron, content of question is besides the point .. impression that client does not deserve support just because it was a cheap deal is twisted and wrong.

Good luck on LET, you whining, privileged fucking idiot.

Thanked by 2Aidan alown
  • @itscanon said:

I'm not sure how any provider would allow being associated with such a clown as yourself, very bad for business .

You are not getting the point. This is an UNMANAGED server, so you are expected to know how to manage yourself. Support is only provided for hardware/network issues, not ignorance.

If you need that kind of hand-held support, either get a managed server or a server from a provider that keeps enough margin to provide this kind of support.

• WSSWSS Member

Making fun of stupidity? It's canon.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:
    , and semen/blood combo (don't ask),

Thats easy, send in your underwear and your done.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • imokimok Member

@databasebydesignllc can you please tell us an estimated time for this deal? I have to take a plane in less than an hour and don't want to miss it.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Getting the logistics on this... won't be until tonight at the latest.

Thanked by 2Junkless imok
  • saibalsaibal Member
    edited July 2017

@imok said: I have to take a plane in less than an hour and don't want to miss it.

Get the In-Flight wifi package :D

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC Take pre-order.

• WSSWSS Member

@mikho said:

@WSS said:
    , and semen/blood combo (don't ask),

Thats easy, send in your underwear and your done.

• So what are the current running LET deals for DBD then?

@DatabaseByDesignLLC Any specials for a Delimiter (the oh so un-sacred word) client ( read: refugee still being held hostage)?

This discussion has been closed.