Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special

Comments

• since you are here, @DatabaseByDesignLLC do you have special promo for VPS ?

• I'm still waiting for my server from 7/8.. Anyone else hasn't got theirs too yet?.. The last email I got they said no longer than 7/12

• I am sure Scott would be able to tell you more, but last I heard from him was they had a few new nodes "s" the bed and they were working through that and getting everyone's order processed.

• WSSWSS Member

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran

@itscanon said:
    I'm still waiting for my server from 7/8.. Anyone else hasn't got theirs too yet?.. The last email I got they said no longer than 7/12

haven't got mine either or least the email saying it's ready despite the client login area show my order is active/processed and the ip and login details listed in client area.

i don't mind and was ready/expecting for delays anyway

• waiting for my server from 7/6

• @Laxenade said:
    waiting for my server from 7/6

What's your order number? We shouldn't have anything pending from 7/6

• @vetvetter said:
    I am sure Scott would be able to tell you more, but last I heard from him was they had a few new nodes "s" the bed and they were working through that and getting everyone's order processed.

One word, idrac's... things can be a PITA and decide to crap on you for no reason. We got new ones in this morning. We're pushing out the last batch now.

• vetvettervetvetter Member
    edited July 2017

@DatabaseByDesignLLC said:

One word, idrac's... things can be a PITA and decide to crap on you for no reason. We got new ones in this morning. We're pushing out the last batch now.

LOL... I know how those can go all to well.

I am glad you are in the final push to get the rest of them completed and excited to get going on my customized build we worked out. Please keep us posted.

• I hope we get them before the weekend :-) been 6 days already

• gisadikgisadik Banned, Member

Did DBD take over the old RazorServers space?

• @gisadik said:
    Did DBD take over the old RazorServers space?

Nope. Same building at one point of time, but we never did business with Razor. They moved to a facility on Noble street if memory serves.

Thanked by 1gisadik
  • @itscanon said:
    I hope we get them before the weekend :-) been 6 days already

If you haven't had your server provisioned yet please open a ticket.

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC said:

@itscanon said:
    I hope we get them before the weekend :-) been 6 days already

If you haven't had your server provisioned yet please open a ticket.

Got it now, thanks

• Did not receive any mail but the login details is with the client control panel:

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31270 @ 3.40GHz
    CPU Cores       : 8
    Frequency       : 3391.422 MHz
    Memory          : 16071 MB
    Swap            : 8039 MB
    Uptime          : 13:49,

OS              : CentOS release 6.9 (Final)
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-696.6.3.el6.x86_64
    Hostname        : 

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 76.x.x.x

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        79.7MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          60.5MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       35.2MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       21.0MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       21.0MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       65.6MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          9.36MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       6.21MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         7.40MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        62.7MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 345 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 381 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 381 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 369 MB/s

I got a totally new harddisk and upgraded CPU. Their network is stable and good to almost everywhere. I was their VPS customer for more than 4 years few years ago before I move to OVH. Now back to their happy customer again.

• anyone here have the problem with ipmi? I always get the session expired every time I browse to mount CD-ROM page. Do I the only one have the same problem?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@smile93 said:
    anyone here have the problem with ipmi? I always get the session expired every time I browse to mount CD-ROM page. Do I the only one have the same problem?

Yeah, I ran into that too and opened a ticket. They disabled it from the web panel for security reasons but you can still mount an image through the virtual media tab on the java window.

Thanked by 1smile93
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I once had a server with @DatabaseByDesignLLC and was super happy with it. But couldn't afford it at the time so only got to keep it for a month. Wish I had the cash to shell out for one of these boxes but the CAD is taking a kick in the balls these days.

Maybe if they ever bring back the bidding special I can snag one cheap :)

• After reinstall, I found out, their actually given me ssd 480G (INTEL SSDSC2BF480A5) instead of ssd 240G. The initial centos 6.9 was configure with 240G only. Please check yours, you may be given a ssd 480 too.

• I got 480g too.Thanks @DatabaseByDesignLLC for the offer.

# smartctl -a /dev/sda
    smartctl 5.43 2016-09-28 r4347 [x86_64-linux-4.12.1-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-12 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Model Family:     Intel 53x and Pro 2500 Series SSDs
    Device Model:     INTEL SSDSC2BF480A5
    Serial Number:    CVTR537200TT480EGN
    LU WWN Device Id: 5 5cd2e4 14c94741b
    Firmware Version: TG26
    User Capacity:    480,103,981,056 bytes [480 GB]
    Sector Size:      512 bytes logical/physical
    Device is:        In smartctl database [for details use: -P show]
    ATA Version is:   8
    ATA Standard is:  ACS-3 (unknown minor revision code: 0xffff)
    Local Time is:    Sun Jul 16 09:47:37 2017 CST
    SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
    SMART support is: Enabled

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

smile93 said: Did not receive any mail but the login details is with the client control panel:

same here no email yet but have login details in client control panel - got E3-1270v1 16GB with 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited July 2017

never got the server setup emails but can log into my server.

trying to reinstall centos 7.3 but impi console is giving me Login failed, possibly due to slow network connection. Please try again when i launch jnlp file ? Anyone else experience this ?

edit: after a few attempts managed to launch the jnlp file but loading centos 7.3 iso and hitting mapped gives me drive error there was a failure in obtaining virtual disk information from target device

• @eva2000 Open a ticket if you haven't already to change OS.

Might take some time though, been 3 days since I asked and still waiting .

• I remotely connected to my windows to do the os mounting (Better connection speed). Can't to do it home because of slow office.

• adamchang said: I got 480g too.Thanks @DatabaseByDesignLLC for the offer.

A 480GB SSD on this plan, that's awesome!

I have one from the Jan offer, 2x1TB HDD. The thing has been great.

Only downside is they dropped Level3 in April :(((

• itscanon said: Might take some time though, been 3 days since I asked and still waiting .

opps, I'm glad didn't take one. I'm interesting in their follow up :D

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

itscanon said: Open a ticket if you haven't already to change OS.

Might take some time though, been 3 days since I asked and still waiting .

Server is for centminmod.com LEMP stack installer testing so very frequent OS reloads so need to be able to do it myself.

Finally got it to work DBD's ipmi console was a pain to use previous and still is sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Using custom docker Ubuntu VNC image https://github.com/centminmod/docker-ubuntu-vnc-desktop to run Dell iDrac's console from - hope others find it useful :)

• Ask for a OS reinstall and I'm waiting from a ticket response since 9 July... Really hope this to be done soon in order to start using the server. ;(

• @nqservices said:
    Ask for a OS reinstall and I'm waiting from a ticket response since 9 July... Really hope this to be done soon in order to start using the server. ;(

Just do it yourself via IPMI, use the docker image above if you really don't want to mess with your Java settings on your computer.

• @nqservices said:
    Ask for a OS reinstall and I'm waiting from a ticket response since 9 July... Really hope this to be done soon in order to start using the server. ;(

I know some have had issues with their IPMI.... however why not just use that to reinstall whatever OS you want?

This discussion has been closed.