Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated UK/US peering ~$100/month budget
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated UK/US peering ~$100/month budget

Wizmap345Wizmap345 Member
edited July 2017 in Requests

Hey everyone, looking for a server that meets these requirements:

18k+ CPU combined bench rating

2x 500GB SSD

32GB+ RAM

2x2TB HDD or 4TB HDD

500Mbit guaranteed

50TB+ Bandwidth

2 IPs

~$100/month

Does this exist?

Needs good peering to UK and US East coast.

I was looking at noicx servers but the UK speeds are terrible, hoping someone knows of another provider with similar hardware/prices that has better UK peering! Thanks.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

you're asking for too much of everything but offering not enough in return.

if you double your budget you may start getting something sensible hardware and network-wise.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Look for something in NYC as that's where peering to the UK goes through. Maybe ReliableSite, though you'll definitely need to up your budget for those specs.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Wizmap345 said: ~$100/month

Does this exist?

Nope not at that price, in the UK Clouvider is as close as you will find I suspect but you are essentially trying to buy a $20,000 car for $5000

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Thanks for your replies!

Yeah I figured that was a bit of a stretch. I don't mind where the server is located as long as peering is good, i'm aware the UK is more expensive than EU. ;)

An alternative is to get a server for ~35-40€ with specs similar to:

8-9k CPU rating
    500GB SSD or 256GB SSD and 1-2TB HDD
    12GB+ RAM
    250Mbit guaranteed with burst.

I'm sort of leaning towards online.net's classic 2016 although those €60 set-up fees are crazy.

Soyoustart has a slow 250mbps cap!

• JackHJackH Member

Whilst completely not what you're looking for, I have a 16GB E3-1240v2 with 2x1TB HDD at Online.net from the winter sale I'm trying to shift. I can outsource it at face value at €16.99+UK VAT

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2017

OVH or Online.net server can meet these requirements or come somewhat close.

Closest you can get is:

16k combined passmark score.

or

11k passmark score

Both models come with either 2x500GB SSD / 2x450GB NVMe (OVH)
    or
    2x2TB / 2x3TB (Online.net)

Or you could buy from Hetzner.. they have AMD Ryzen 1700 with 14k passmark score for 70€

Over 18k is impossible with that pricepoint.. It's gonna require dual CPU server and those aren't usually cheap.