Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBoxes based in Docker
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBoxes based in Docker

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Hello, is anybody providing it?
also, outside the LEB price ranges, any hosting provider is offering Docker containers?
Thanks!

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

ECS is the only thing I'd use unless it was for a managed application. Even then you wouldn't know it's docker as that's not your issue.

• I'd like to recommend hyper.sh (or non-ref link here), the smallest container(64M RAM) costs at $0.0000004/sec (Yes, their billing system bills at second unit, with 10 sec minimum for each container), or $1.03/m. Network is free of charge, but each IP costs $1/m, and image/rootFS storage costs $0.1/GB*m, with 10G minimum for a rootFS, so minimum cost per month if you run for a whole month is $3.13/m, for more pricing details you may refer to their pricing page.

I have one 64MB container with them running shadowsocks proxy, so far so good.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

IBM, Azure, Amazon, Google, Joyent and few dozens other providers

• @EveNeko said:
    I'd like to recommend hyper.sh (or non-ref link here), the smallest container(64M RAM) costs at $0.0000004/sec (Yes, their billing system bills at second unit, with 10 sec minimum for each container), or $1.03/m. Network is free of charge, but each IP costs $1/m, and image/rootFS storage costs $0.1/GB*m, with 10G minimum for a rootFS, so minimum cost per month if you run for a whole month is $3.13/m, for more pricing details you may refer to their pricing page.

I have one 64MB container with them running shadowsocks proxy, so far so good.

wow that's a pretty nice price, this hosting provider also seems like a good price https://sloppy.io/pricing/ I like how they no credit card free trial.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

If you're actually looking to rent a Docker container on somebody elses system, I'd strongly recommend reconsidering - Docker doesn't provide secure isolation, so you'll end up in a completely insecure environment.

If you're looking to deploy things that are defined as a Docker container, then I'm pretty sure all the big providers provide tooling for that. Besides that, you can just run Docker on any KVM VPS.

Consider whether Docker is actually what you want, though - there a number of misconceptions floating around about what it actually does and doesn't do, and often it isn't the ideal choice.

• bersybersy Member

Jelastic supports Docker. Some of providers are offering several instances (cloudlets, storage) for free https://jelastic.cloud/

• hanoihanoi Member

Docker is great but it should be testing purpose, NOT recommend deploy in production.

• akhfaakhfa Member

@hanoi said:
    Docker is great but it should be testing purpose, NOT recommend deploy in production.

I use it for production, so far so good. It make deployment simple.