Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dallas KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dallas KVM VPS

SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Hello!

I am looking for a KVM VPS with the following specs:

• 2GB RAM

• 2 Cores (shared, low use)

• 30GB SSD Storage (SSD is a must and has to be redundant)

• 1TB Bandwidth on a 1Gbps Port

• Hosted out of Dallas (Houston might work too)

The VPS has to be extremely reliable so if you could post uptime reports that would be helpful.

I would really like to host the application on AWS but they do not have a Dallas location.

I would appreciate offers and if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Awesome, I'll try to find a discount to apply towards that plan. Thanks

• somewhatwindysomewhatwindy Member
    edited July 2017

You can find a few codes in this thread: link.

Edit: not sure if anyone mentioned them, but there are.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

Thanks @MikeA

DAL-SSD 2
    2 (E3-1230 3.2Ghz)
    2GB ECC RAM
    100GB SSD Raid 10 Redundant
    6TB Bandwidth
    1gbps Port
    1x to A+B Pwr ATS
    Dallas, TX
    $10/mo
    https://speedykvm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

Thanked by 1SSDBlaze
  • bersybersy Member
    edited July 2017

SSDBlaze said: Awesome, I'll try to find a discount to apply towards that plan. Thanks

30% off - BUYKVM36MO (with triennially payment cycle only)

https://www.ultravps.eu/en/vps/ is one more viable option

• Linode.com Dallas

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

@SSDBlaze said:

Are you saying Amazon does it cheaper than $10 MRC including bandwidth?

@Clouvider said:

@SSDBlaze said:

Are you saying Amazon does it cheaper than $10 MRC including bandwidth?

No, however

Amazon vs SpeedyKVM

Amazon is more reputable and is a real cloud, correct me if I am wrong. Amazon is high availability where SpeedyKVM is simply KVM Virtualization with redundant networking and power from what I see.

If my VM goes down due to hardware failure on SpeedyKVM I don't believe it will pop back up on a different node with no downtime.

I am willing to pay more for AWS. NOT bashing SpeedyKVM, their services are EXCELLENT and very high quality. I have used them before.

Thanks

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

Amazon does local storage, so not hot migration between nodes. The only cloudy features their VMs have is an hourly billing.

Also, Amazon is evil. You should be looking to pay them less than others, if at all.

@Clouvider said:
    Amazon does local storage, so not hot migration between nodes. The only cloudy features their VMs have is an hourly billing.

Did not know that, thanks for the information! Very helpful :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@Clouvider said:

Also, Amazon is evil. You should be looking to pay them less than others, if at all.

Amazon has a very good reputation, but I appreocate your input at the same time

You claim they are evil because they don't offer enough bonus features and they charge more than others? They are not worth the price?

Just want a explaination. Thanks

• All Empires turn Evil given enough time.

Thanked by 2bersy sayem314
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Can confirm Amazon is evil. Warehouse snack machines never accepted my debit card when I worked there.

• Snacks should be free anyway.

• hzrhzr Member

3606202 said: Snacks should be free anyway.

They are at amazon corporate

• sinsin Member

Oplink.net for Houston, Dediserve has Psychz Dallas location (Dallas 2) as well as Letbox

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@SSDBlaze said:

@Clouvider said:

Amazon has a very good reputation, but I appreocate your input at the same time

You claim they are evil because they don't offer enough bonus features and they charge more than others? They are not worth the price?

Just want a explaination. Thanks

It is local storage and SAN storage. IO sucks in all their EC2 servers. Check their bandwidth pricing as well. They are good if you are planning on building a HA App and have the budget to afford all costs. Note that Amazon is not cheap at all.

Btw their micro instances.. Just dont use those. They are very, very limited in terms of resources. There is a lot of iowait, cpu steal, etc.

Now VPC, LBs, ES, etc makes them more interesting. Multi regional DB clusters etc.
    Again, super expensive. Their support is good if you pay for the Premium Support which is, again, costly.

Thanked by 2MikeA SSDBlaze