Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the most amount of Disk Space you occupied on a Shared Hosting plan?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the most amount of Disk Space you occupied on a Shared Hosting plan?

Just realized I'm running pretty high on that one :P

Domains: 9
Subdomains: 41

Anyway I got 250 GB Disk Space so I'm good. Should mention that this is probably the own personal Shared Hosting I have.

What is your biggest amount of Disk Space occupied on a Shared Hosting?

Comments

• About 20 domains on here, most of them wordpress, lots of database usage though I'm assuming.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@eastonch said:

About 20 domains on here, most of them wordpress, lots of database usage though I'm assuming.

WordPress always seems to lead to websites consuming lots of storage because there are so many plugins that users tend to add yet another plugin just because they can. Like "Oh why not add a gallery.. and media..and now.."

• ZerpyZerpy Member

Personally on my own shared hosting account (running on my own shared hosting servers) for my personal domain is 5.5 gigabyte.

1 main
         10 addon
         17 sub

• FalzoFalzo Member

Ympker said: WordPress always seems to lead to websites consuming lots of storage

yet, you obviously never ran into some serious magento users...

• MakenaiMakenai Member
    edited July 2017

@Falzo said:

Ympker said: WordPress always seems to lead to websites consuming lots of storage

Care to explain?
    I haven't seen anything over the 15GB mark and that was with shops over 10k SKUs. 15GB does not seem a lot by today's standards.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Falzo said:

Something to beware I guess?

• AidanAidan Member

Something to beware I guess?

Just don't offer unlimited disk space...

• vovlervovler Member

about 500mb with 2 small wordpress blogs

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • rocketrocket Member

Couple of my sites.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • 22 web sites - 640MB

Thanked by 1bersy
  • I'm hosting 17 addon domains and 26 subdomains under one cPanel which are occupying ~23GB data. :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@eastonch said:

About 20 domains on here, most of them wordpress, lots of database usage though I'm assuming.

WordPress always seems to lead to websites consuming lots of storage because there are so many plugins that users tend to add yet another plugin just because they can. Like "Oh why not add a gallery.. and media..and now.."

And then SuperCache. Got a clients website using 73GB... For a single WP website.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • JorboxJorbox Member

I have about 100gb for 80 domain

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Around 100 accounts total disk size 50 gb biggest disk consumed by email

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited July 2017

@Makenai said:

@Falzo said:

Care to explain?
    I haven't seen anything over the 15GB mark and that was with shops over 10k SKUs. 15GB does not seem a lot by today's standards.

I agree. But compared to numbers posted here before I'd say 15 GB for a single page stands quite out, don't you think? I have magento pages around 5-10GB while wordpress pages often are only around 1GB or less...

Also mysqldb on magento tends to grow largely if there isn't proper control of garbage collection ;-)
    And clients like to setup a second or third instance of their page to develop which may add to the usage.

So after all just wanted to point out that there is more then wordpress which might make a customer pile up sh!t on his space g

Thanked by 1Makenai
  • So, I can't exactly disclose what, but there's a WordPress installation I have access to that has a 200GB database.

• @luissousa said:
    So, I can't exactly disclose what, but there's a WordPress installation I have access to that has a 200GB database.

200GB with wordpress what are you storing?

Mine is 157 MB with shared hosting. (When i was on shared hosting)

• @cyberpersons said:

@luissousa said:
    So, I can't exactly disclose what, but there's a WordPress installation I have access to that has a 200GB database.

200GB with wordpress what are you storing?

Mine is 157 MB with shared hosting. (When i was on shared hosting)

It has their own servers running it. I don't know the exact metrics, but I know it has close to 100k registered users

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Well, I just had a quick look at two of my reseller plans which I have with a known provider:

Reseller #1:

25682 M / 5528000 M

Reseller #2

110520 M / 1190000 M

There's maybe 4 or 5 active web pages on each plan.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • same as you, around 1GB per domain or sub-domain.
    Total size around 70GB for 30 domains and around 40 sub-domains

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • cassacassa Member

@Falzo said:

Please stop, I already get headaches from reading about it

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • ~4GB for 3 addon domains. Many WordPress installations.