Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Ticket Support System: WHMCS or Blesta?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hi all,

From anyone with experience with both systems what do you think about the Ticket Support System of WHMCS vs Blesta?

Are they "identical", or there is one clearly better? Fell free to share your opinion and if possible post pros and cons.

Thanks

1. What's the best Ticket Support System: WHMCS or Blesta?44 votes
    1. WHMCS
      61.36%
    2. BLESTA
      38.64%

Comments

• I find it annoying that on Blesta when you reply to a ticket it doesn't set it automatically to "Awaiting Reply", it's still marked as open. Sure, it's a tiny thing but I often forget to set it since it's not within the area of typing replies so it's not something a user focuses at.

Other than that tiny annoying factor, Blesta's pretty good for my needs. Never used the WHMCS ticket system as an admin, so can't comment on that.

• @definitelyliam said:
    I find it annoying that on Blesta when you reply to a ticket it doesn't set it automatically to "Awaiting Reply", it's still marked as open.

Thanks for your feedback!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I don't hate blesta. But in terms of basically everything, it feels amateur compared to WHMCS. In some ways that's it's appeal. It's the little guy that's capable. But at scale I'd much rather be using WHMCS for support and everything else.

Blesta is a small and friendly operation though, I mean it no disrespect.

• @jarland said:
    I don't hate blesta. But in terms of basically everything, it feels amateur compared to WHMCS. In some ways that's it's appeal. It's the little guy that's capable. But at scale I'd much rather be using WHMCS for support and everything else.

Thanks for your feedback. I see you are using both on your companies (mxroute and mxshred), so you have experience with both!

I really like the Blesta default design and the way it works... It just seems more simple and clean to work with. But I share the same opinion about the "little guy". WHMCS for sure has more features and more integrations/plugins available and I hope to see this in the future with Blesta v4.

For this project I need a good billing system + support system. I will not need to use any integrations or plugins, so my decision will be based on the best app without looking at 3rd party capabilities.

Blesta billing seems adequate, but their support ticket system seems to have less features than WHMCS.

Does anyone has an opinion or experience to share? Thanks

• We have used WHMCS for many years... over that time we have found a number of bugs and WHMCS has been quick at responding and fixing them.