Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nforce.com special 24TB storage dedi for 66.45 € (excl. vat) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

nforce.com special 24TB storage dedi for 66.45 € (excl. vat)

2»

Comments

• Thanks, ordered one with a bit more RAM. All looking good.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited July 2017

Whats the big deal of using specificially german servers for torrents? Isin't it the same everywhere? How do you expect people who use OVH new germany datacenter to change their ways? lol

• stefeman said: Whats the big deal of using specificially german servers for torrents?

German ISPs are generally abuse harsh and the laws allow easier tracking of users (as getting customer data is far easier for copyright, which is a civil case, there than in most of the EU, and the court system allows via a flaw to get this data rather quickly also without actually going to court then).

stefeman said: How do you expect people who use OVH new germany datacenter to change their ways? lol

As the abuse will go to France for processing (you are at OVH Germany, as German/Austrian, however customer of their GmbH - foreigners are customers of their local branch or French).

• FalzoFalzo Member

while the initial offer seems over/oos they now offer a slightly different one: https://www.nforce.com/Special-Internet-offers/NFOrce-Starter-Edition-FLEX1-20170624-starting-at-39.95-euro-Per-month/141

basically 5€ cheaper but without HW Raid...

if only I could justify this.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Falzo said:

basically 5€ cheaper but without HW Raid...

If 16GB is ECC ram, then it's a small ZFS storage box with all 6 spindles filled.
    (mirror vdevs only @william? ; cpu is probably too weak for RAIDz2)

• for a mirror less than 16GB would work fine, compression/LZ4 eats CPU but can be disabled.

Z2 works on this CPUs ok-ish - HDDs are after all not fast anyway - but the 16GB will be hardly useful then (1GB per TB as rule of thumb, 10GB if you want deduplication).

I had a Dual E5506 back then with also Nforce and 12x4TB in Z2 without spare, that worked pretty good albeit at high CPU load - but i had either 48 or 64GB RAM to cover the 1GB/TB.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • we have also the GVU in germany, which even tries to buy invites to privat german trackers. they still go after uploaders these days...

german hosts like manitu where "proud" to have a friendship like relationship with the german kriminalpolizei and this was not about cp or something like that... it was about warez.

• Butters said: we have also the GVU in germany, which even tries to buy invites to privat german trackers. they still go after uploaders these days...

The GVU is however not a gov authority, nor do they have any special permissions.

I think it is still ran by the same fat guy - Frank - that back then confiscated printers and monitors on a TV docu (think it was Galileo).

Funny guy. Another time they did a TV docu (they like to do that), displayed a topsite IRC and a day later got summarily banned as the nick list and user was visible :')

• @William said:

The GVU is however not a gov authority, nor do they have any special permissions.

I think it is still ran by the same fat guy - Frank - that back then confiscated printers and monitors on a TV docu (think it was Galileo).

Funny guy. Another time they did a TV docu (they like to do that), displayed a topsite IRC and a day later got summarily banned as the nick list and user was visible :')

yeah but the GVU works together with the german police.

when im right that topsite was just a pay2leech box, not a rated one or lets say a "real" topsite

• "Together" is a far stretch, they do what they can do as authorised by the copyright owners - not more, not less. I could do the same for my own copyright or if they sign me permission for others and the police has to provide the exact same support.

It was a Tier 1 private (albeit not ranked) site with excellent US affiliates though not like it matters anymore nowadays. Was busted later also.

• SvenSven Member

Got mine after 7h.

First impressions: Support is very fast and helpful! Every ticket has been answered in less then 1 hour. They even they configured the hardware raid for me.

Power_On_Hours is between 1500h - 11000h (6x4TB).