Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server in Asia with good DDoS Protection (no SG)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server in Asia with good DDoS Protection (no SG)

joojajooja Member
edited June 2017 in Requests

I am currently hosted at OVH singapore but latency/ping is very high for korea

E3

16 gb ram

1 gbit port

5 tb

Thanks

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2017

Theres no other providers in Asia with Anti-DDoS. OVH is still in process of fixing the routing. You could try their Anti-DDoS Game range servers in SYD/SGP. By my understanding they have better networking than the discovery offers right now. @MaikoB

• MelitaMelita Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

@jooja,

Our Singapore dedi have anti ddos (additional for up to 80gbit/sec) and typically got 70ms-100ms to Korea, China, Taiwan and Japan.

Route is optimized in Asia because we have more upstreams and are far longer exist in Singapore than OVH SG (some of our game server customer is submitting route optimization request).

• joojajooja Member

@Melita said:
    @jooja,

Our Singapore dedi have anti ddos (additional for up to 80gbit/sec) and typically got 70ms-100ms to Korea, China and Japan.

Route is optimized in Asia because we have more upstreams and are far longer exist in Singapore than OVH SG (some of our game server customer is submitting route optimization request).

test ip?

• DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

Will HongKong do they favor? if yes, i will share a custom url.

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

Hi

We can do Hong Kong servers for you.
    Dell R210-II / 1x Xeon E3-1230v2 / 16GB RAM / 2x1TB SATA / 10 TB bandwidth for 99 EUR/month.

Basic DDoS protection up to 5 Gbit/s with auto null route + null route API.

Order link

• kb9kb9 Member

Not sure if you want a dedicated server inside Korea but internetbrothers.co.kr in Korea provides ddos protection too however I suppose UDP is blocked

• joojajooja Member

@ru_tld said:
    Hi

We can do Hong Kong servers for you.
    Dell R210-II / 1x Xeon E3-1230v2 / 16GB RAM / 2x1TB SATA / 10 TB bandwidth for 99 EUR/month.

Basic DDoS protection up to 5 Gbit/s with auto null route + null route API.

Order link

What do you mean with null route API?

@DiggDigital said:
    Will HongKong do they favor? if yes, i will share a custom url.

Yes

@kb9 said:
    Not sure if you want a dedicated server inside Korea but internetbrothers.co.kr in Korea provides ddos protection too however I suppose UDP is blocked

I need UDP too.

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

I mean that you can trigger null route on IP with HTTP API request.

• @ru_tld said:
    I mean that you can trigger null route on IP with HTTP API request.

Why would anyone want to do that with a gameserver lol

• hzrhzr Member

kb9 said: Not sure if you want a dedicated server inside Korea but internetbrothers.co.kr in Korea provides ddos protection too however I suppose UDP is blocked

Literally would rather eat shit than use internetbrothers

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

How often do you get DDoS attacks and how large are they?

Protection in Asia is hard to come by considering the cost of bandwidth. Particularly if you want good regional access.

Small scale protection is not too hard (like 10G or less) but if you get anything substancial.. like 100G+, then I do not know of any provider in Asia that has that kind of capacity.

We offer DDoS protected VPS in HK. The mitigation is handled overseas, so when an attack is happening, the protection is activated. This increases latency A LOT, but you remain online for even the largest attacks. When the attack stops, the protection is deactivated, allowing for better routing.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2017

@randvegeta said:
    We offer DDoS protected VPS in HK. The mitigation is handled overseas, so when an attack is happening, the protection is activated. This increases latency A LOT, but you remain online for even the largest attacks. When the attack stops, the protection is deactivated, allowing for better routing.

Backhauled Anti-DDoS is nothing new in Asia. In event of an attack all traffic would route via EU or USA where it gets mitigated. This ruins the very idea of hosting in Asia. You would have 700+ pings at worst if you connect from Asia during an attack as you would be re-routed to EU/USA and then back to Asia again.

If OP wants a local 100+ Gbps inline DDoS protection in Asia without ping increases during attacks, right now OVH is the only provider in region. Anything else out there is subpar.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@stefeman said:

@randvegeta said:

Backhauled Anti-DDoS is nothing new in Asia. In event of an attack all traffic would route via EU or USA where it gets mitigated. This ruins the very idea of hosting in Asia. You would have 700+ pings at worst if you connect from Asia during an attack as you would be re-routed to EU/USA and then back to Asia again.

If OP wants a local 100+ Gbps inline DDoS protection in Asia without ping increases during attacks, right now OVH is the only provider in region. Anything else out there is subpar.

Cost is currently enormous. Only low cost carriers are He.net and Cogent. Not ideal voices for mitigation if you also need low latency in Asia.

• MaikoBMaikoB Member

jooja said: I am currently hosted at OVH singapore but latency/ping is very high for korea

Hi Jooja,

Have you contacted the support about this ? We can help and having your feedback can help us to optimise the routing quickly!

• vnetvnet Member

You can consider choosing a server in Hong Kong,
    If necessary, I can recommend the appropriate configuration for you

• stefeman said: If OP wants a local 100+ Gbps inline DDoS protection in Asia without ping increases during attacks, right now OVH is the only provider in region. Anything else out there is subpar.

No, Verisign beats out OVH by far in quality and protection size.

Comes however at a price.

Scrubbing center HK and SG.