Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LizCat migration [sold?] on the worst possible terms.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LizCat migration [sold?] on the worst possible terms.

Just got that e-mail from LizCat:

Dear client,

>

Just an update about migration:

>

1. We will migrate the account without data. Ip will be changed as well. If any account required data migration, please raise a ticket at https://www.dgchost.net/client
  2. All packages will be changed to DGChost with equvalent spec that stated in DGChost.Net website.
  3. Price of renewal will be changed during next billing cycle. Before, next billing cycle, your package price will remain the same, you are not required to top up the different.

>

Your Sincerely,
Enomyn

...so no data, IP change, new packages and huge price increase. Why the fuck they are even doing that to their customers? Wouldn't it be better to just discontinue some plans? Maybe it is genius way to sell customer perosnal details?

What do you think?

Comments

• tmwctmwc Member

I'll tackle those 4 things:
    1. I definitely think they should migrate data if they can.
    2. IP change is understandable
    3. Why don't they just keep the same packages?
    4. A package change comes with a price change. Although, see point 3

• overclockoverclock Member
    edited June 2017

I once bought an vps from lizcat,

Honestly,the attitude they answering ticket is very disgusting.

Their attitude is like "go away, your question is silly, I would not answer it"

And,I have no problem with DGC, they are good,I had a big KVM vps in Singapore with them which is $39 per month.it is running smoothly.

• I still don't get what they want to do atm.
    Got an e-mail yesterday stating that they want to change their SJC DC because of bad uplinks and made contracts with Level3, Cogent, some China providers, etc. which will lead to a downtime they can't prevent.
    So far, everything is okay.

Now, today getting this e-mail, writing something about this DGC-whatever stuff, which services does this affect? Singapore or other stuff?

Does this mean they're transferring my account data to another host? Sadly, their English is not too good, so it's hard to understand sometimes.

Regarding their ticket handling: I think it's okay, they try to answer in 24 hours and were happy to help from my experience.

But this migration thingy is kinda irritating.

• admsamadmsam Member

@bluesega said:
    I still don't get what they want to do atm.
    Got an e-mail yesterday stating that they want to change their SJC DC because of bad uplinks and made contracts with Level3, Cogent, some China providers, etc. which will lead to a downtime they can't prevent.
    So far, everything is okay.

Now, today getting this e-mail, writing something about this DGC-whatever stuff, which services does this affect? Singapore or other stuff?

Does this mean they're transferring my account data to another host? Sadly, their English is not too good, so it's hard to understand sometimes.

Regarding their ticket handling: I think it's okay, they try to answer in 24 hours and were happy to help from my experience.

But this migration thingy is kinda irritating.

Your active product will be transfer to nearest node.

• admsamadmsam Member

@MrPsycho said:
    Just got that e-mail from LizCat:

Dear client,

>

Just an update about migration:

>

1. We will migrate the account without data. Ip will be changed as well. If any account required data migration, please raise a ticket at https://www.dgchost.net/client
    2. All packages will be changed to DGChost with equvalent spec that stated in DGChost.Net website.
    3. Price of renewal will be changed during next billing cycle. Before, next billing cycle, your package price will remain the same, you are not required to top up the different.

>

Your Sincerely,
    Enomyn

...so no data, IP change, new packages and huge price increase. Why the fuck they are even doing that to their customers? Wouldn't it be better to just discontinue some plans? Maybe it is genius way to sell customer perosnal details?

What do you think?

If you have active account with Lizcat, you can see the price is seriously under market, we do not want to keep non-profit account. Secondly, change of ip will take immediate effect to access CN2 GIA and CU, if we remain the ip address, the process for CN2 and CU took about one month or more to accept the prefix.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

heh... so the new summer host style is to sell in time for summer instead of starting in summer?

Thanked by 2Clouvider vmhaus
  • admsamadmsam Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    heh... so the new summer host style is to sell in time for summer instead of starting in summer?

in fact we just interest their ip address.

Thanked by 1JahAGR
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

admsam said: in fact we just interest their ip address.

Nice.

• imokimok Member

@admsam said:

@AnthonySmith said:

in fact we just interest their ip address.

Fuck the customers!

Thanked by 1qiukong
  • YuraYura Member

FUUU.... Who changed the phpMyAdmin's password again??? @JamieL

Thanked by 2Rhys vmhaus
  • Nice thread to bookmarked for life

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

That's some 1st class PR they are doing here.

@admsam are you LizCat's employee ?

• LizCatLizCat Member

No matter what we do, there are always some people don't like us. If we post some discounts or offer, there must be a huge DDoS attack come to our network.

We do a lot for our customer, but many people called us as "NyaBoom" because we down some times when we a new provider (2016).

Luckily, the staff of DGC is our staff (Coco)'s good friends. They want to expand their business, and give us a nice price. But we have a unique request that is keep our customers to use over their product.

DGC thinks SJC Node got a bad network so he want to cut down. I wrote the mail that is translate by google from Chinese to English. Because it is too late yesterday, I just want to go to sleep. Sorry about the poor English. But DGC have a better english than me. :lol

Anyway, DGC promised he will keep our customer until the contract is over. So many customer who ordered $12, $18, $24 please dont worry. But actually, DGC is not a philanthropist, he can't give you the low price as us.

• @Clouvider said:

I believe that @LizCat is LizCat's rep (or at least one of their reps) on the forums, and based on the link in @admsam 's footer, their company appears to be the company which has acquired LizCat.

• LizCatLizCat Member

@matthewkilpatrick said:

@Clouvider said:

I believe that @LizCat is LizCat's rep (or at least one of their reps) on the forums, and based on the link in @admsam 's footer, their company appears to be the company which has acquired LizCat.

Not fully, we have kept lots of ips and resources.

In Chinese word (Sorry I don't know how to speak in English)

相见时难别亦难,东风无力百花残.
    春蚕到死丝方尽,蜡炬成灰泪始干.
    晓镜但愁云鬓改,夜吟应觉月光寒.
    蓬山此去无多路,青鸟殷勤为探看.

We want to provide the best service not to take money and run away.

We will also use this name in the nex few years, may be 3year maybe 10 year. But that time, we will do our best to keep everyone satisfied.

Thanked by 1matthewkilpatrick
  • overclockoverclock Member
    edited June 2017

Looks good.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

This affects everyone in San Jose?

• @Radi said:

Would be my question as well. I'm unsure about what will happen.
    I have a San José VPS, will this now move to Singapore or LA (you're stating on your website you have LA as well)? If so, will billing or support, etc. go via @LizCat or via @admsam ?
    Also, will I receive the same product? On @admsam there's no possibility of a 1gbps port for example, but I've got this on @LizCat 's service, but on the other side, got 5GB of space, and don't need 20 as stated minimum on DGC's website.

And why not go with other parties accepting your prefix instead of moving everything? Sure, it'll take some time, but a month waiting time is nothing too critical.
    But I understand that this is business decisions, and I can't do much of a demand with the little service I'm using, but please, at least communicate exactly what you are doing, which services this will effect and if won't be seeing Coco anymore?

Imo, it is "another one bites the dust". I have a dirt cheap VPS, which I bought just for the nice theme on the SolusVM.

• LizCatLizCat Member

@Radi said:
    Imo, it is "another one bites the dust". I have a dirt cheap VPS, which I bought just for the nice theme on the SolusVM.

How about open source at LET?

• LizCatLizCat Member

@bluesega said:

@Radi said:

I have a San José VPS, will this now move to Singapore or LA (you're stating on your website you have LA as well)? If so, will billing or support, etc. go via @LizCat or via @admsam ?
    Also, will I receive the same product? On @admsam there's no possibility of a 1gbps port for example, but I've got this on @LizCat 's service, but on the other side, got 5GB of space, and don't need 20 as stated minimum on DGC's website.

And why not go with other parties accepting your prefix instead of moving everything? Sure, it'll take some time, but a month waiting time is nothing too critical.
    But I understand that this is business decisions, and I can't do much of a demand with the little service I'm using, but please, at least communicate exactly what you are doing, which services this will effect and if won't be seeing Coco anymore?

You'd better ask DGC. But I am glad to help you. If he don't answer you, you can contact me via QQ, WeChat, Telegram or email.

@LizCat - go ahead with that, if you want. :) I am also interested in your email background picture, liked that as well. :)

• admsamadmsam Member

@bluesega said:

@Radi said:

We not afford to do per person request, so far most of lizcat client from china. Change ip with CN2 route would more suitable for most of them。

edited June 2017

To summarize:

Location change

IP change

No data migration for everyone, which makes me think that DGCHost is just lazy or
    doesn't care about the customers that will be accquired(albeit, possible with a ticket)

Price increase

Customer data migration in a new billing system

3/10 imo.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2017

If anyone needs a (free) temporary location to migrate to and/or temporary backup (ftp) pm me.

Temporary cPanel to migrate to: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/117826/free-shared-hosting-limited-stock#latest

FTP: Got a time4vps storage and 1Fichier unlimited. Please encrypt your backups!

• admsamadmsam Member

@Radi said:
    To summarize:

Location change

IP change

No data migration for everyone, which makes me think that DGCHost is just lazy or
    doesn't care about the customers that will be accquired(albeit, possible with a ticket)

Price increase

Customer data migration in a new billing system

3/10 imo.

Most of the china user do not have data because use for proxy purpose. By default we do not migrate the whole account. If need, we will still migrate for them. But need to be in queue.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I think it's a cultural/language barrier, but I don't think either company knows exactly how bad they look in this thread. Their replies are pretty bad but they either aren't aware or don't care.

So DGC just bought the clients. They aren't keeping the data, they aren't keeping the services, they didn't buy all of the IPs, they didn't buy all of the servers, they literally just want the client contract information which is extremely shady from my point of view and huge red flag for anybody who's concerned about privacy.

• I would just do a complete backup of any servers/VPS you have with them as fast as you can before the data is lost during the migration, and then choose who you want to stay with from there

• @ethancedrik said:
    I would just do a complete backup of any servers/VPS you have with them as fast as you can before the data is lost during the migration, and then choose who you want to stay with from there

Most of those clients do not have data at all. They just use it as proxy server.

• admsamadmsam Member

@KuJoe said:
    I think it's a cultural/language barrier, but I don't think either company knows exactly how bad they look in this thread. Their replies are pretty bad but they either aren't aware or don't care.

So DGC just bought the clients. They aren't keeping the data, they aren't keeping the services, they didn't buy all of the IPs, they didn't buy all of the servers, they literally just want the client contract information which is extremely shady from my point of view and huge red flag for anybody who's concerned about privacy.

You are trying to miss leading others. We will still help to migrate the data if they required.