Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Start fresh, possibly?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Start fresh, possibly?

AlexBlueMetalAlexBlueMetal Member
edited January 2012 in General

At the risk of being booed down, I suggest we start over new. I heard that LEA is stepping down from LEB/LET, and I thought "this is a chance to start new". I have been a Low End Box reader since 2010, and have been using it ever since. If possible we could keep LowEndTalk, While it may not be approved by LowEndTalk itself, it would be a user run resurrection. and start a new site. Anyone have any ideas if we do so? I'd be willing to fund it initally if you want.

Comments

• I'd be all for this, but I don't want to stab LEA in the back... so we'll see what he chooses to do. If he kills the community or it goes down hill because of a new owner I'm in.

Thanked by 1AlexBlueMetal
  • @BlueVM: Good. I wouldn't even be able to fund the site until the 23rd when I get $70 in PayPal.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

LEA won't 'kill' the community but i'd serious question if LET can go through another rehash.

It has already been through 3? 4?

Francisco

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited January 2012

@LowEndAdmin said: ...and I think the site will definitely stay.

Link to full post:
    http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/exit0/#comment-60324

• @Francisco said: It has already been through 3? 4?

And to be honest, it's a pain trying to find previous threads.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2012

@drmike said: And to be honest, it's a pain trying to find previous threads.

That too, doc!

Francisco

• Previous threads? Hell, we can't even help but open multiple posts on the same topic in the same day <_<

• @AlexBlueMetal said: Good. I wouldn't even be able to fund the site until the 23rd when I get $70 in PayPal.

You joined LET today, I'm sorry, but I think someone that's been part of the community for a while (and active) should open it if LET does close its doors.

• When LET goes down let's all make our own sites and see which one is most popular.

• @Naruto said: When LET goes down let's all make our own sites and see which one is most popular.

I like this idea. www.lowendtalking.com is MINE.

• lowendtalk2.com is mine.

Thanked by 1subsub
  • I could definitely fund the project... I have no problems doing that. I'd just need the support of some community leaders and like I said LEB/LET would have to go to the **** hole for me to do that.

• @BlueVM you can bring your site back up now. The SOPA protest is over.

• It would be best for someone that doesn't own a hosting company to host the site, and someone that's been here for a while... It's nice of people that joined less than a month ago to offer, but I think the community would prefer someone that's been around a while and can be partial...

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @Kairus said: It would be best for someone that doesn't own a hosting company to host the site, and someone that's been here for a while... It's nice of people that joined less than a month ago to offer, but I think the community would prefer someone that's been around a while and can be partial...

As I mentioned before in the other thread, I would be willing to host it on one of my LEB's.
    I am here for a pretty while, have no problem running websites on a LEB and am provider independent. I follow LEB for like over a year now, but as stated above, I won't open any alternative until @LowEndAdmin has decided what he would do with LET and until he approves, and the community does to. I don't want to stab anyone in the back.

• @BlueVM

Hang on just one second, you came here not so long ago, your company is one big rip off of BuyVM (Even the name more or less), you have a history of theft/scamming or whatever and now your planning to do practically the same thing to LET, have you actually lost your mind?

When did you automatically assume you had the respect of the community, cos you aint got mine, talk about slipping under the radar.

Anyone that wants to follow you on this is more than welcome to because they must be blind.

Thanked by 1jamson
  • drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@djvdorp said: I would be willing to host it on one of my LEB's.

I believe at least one site is no longer on a LEB. Linode maybe?

From reading @LowEndAdmin's post, I don;t think funding or hosting is the problem.

• @Kairus: Hey, at least I offered. Plus I don't own a VPS host.

• lowendscam.com
    lowendspam.com
    lowendwhinge.com
    lowendpumpndump.com
    lowendsupportticketsbeingignoredsoillflamemyhost.com
    lowendithinkitsoktobeacnutontheinterwebzcauseimfourteenandimstillwaitingfromyballstodrop.com

• @subsub, you misspelled "cunt" and "for".

• subsubsubsub Member
    edited January 2012

I'll think you'll find I didn't… surely you're not that slow on teh uptake?

• What is a cnut? Why wait "fro" your balls to drop?