Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Split email delivery
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Split email delivery

Can somebody share me steps on how the split delivery can be configured for a domain between Google Apps and cPanel mail.? I am facing issues when trying to send emails from the same domain from cPanel email. Its not going to outside world. Its getting delivered to the default catch-all email inside the cPanel. Please help

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2017

Email Routing > Select domain > Set to remote

I'm not entirely sure you can send as the domain from that server after doing so, or why you'd want to really. It's not really a scenario that comes up for me. Have you considered just sending from a subdomain, or better yet sending from Google apps? They have SMTP.

• I have 5 users in google apps and 20 users planned in the cpanel email for the same domain name. I have tried most of the settings in cPanel, so either emailing from Google Apps to cPanel will not work or vice versa. One side emailing is working at any point of time.

edited June 2017

@Jovanfever said:
    I have 5 users in google apps and 20 users planned in the cpanel email for the same domain name. I have tried most of the settings in cPanel, so either emailing from Google Apps to cPanel will not work or vice versa. One side emailing is working at any point of time.

Can't really have separate MX records based on email address, only domain. Split delivery based on address is only possible if one service passes the connections to the other after interpreting the request, but then the other side would have to ignore SPF from that provider so that's not really ideal anyway. One of your email providers would need to explicitly allow and support this, cpanel does not, nor does google apps. Even still it would not be ideal for the SPF reason.

Someone feel free to correct me if they know a creative solution, but there's no way this can be done that is 100% ideal. You should host your email at one service or split it up by different domains/subdomains (and even use forwarders if you must).

Doing some quick research, I don't think anyone actually supports split email routing. It's just creative wording for "use a subdomain and forwarders."

https://luxsci.com/blog/split-domain-routing-getting-email-for-your-domain-at-two-providers.html
    https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/split-domain-routing/

• I was able to configure split email delivery using zoho and Google Apps. Its working perfectly. Both zoho and Google Apps supports split delivery for the domains hosted with their email. I was looking for the same functionality using cPanel email.

• Maybe you can check with @mailcheap

On their website at: https://www.mailcheap.co/features.html it says:

"Manage domains & relay domains (split domain routing)"

Thanked by 1mailcheap
    edited June 2017

@Jovanfever said:
    I was able to configure split email delivery using zoho and Google Apps. Its working perfectly. Both zoho and Google Apps supports split delivery for the domains hosted with their email. I was looking for the same functionality using cPanel email.

Yes, apparently split delivery means using subdomains and forwarders so anyone supports it. Forwarders break SPF because Google doesn't support SRS so "perfectly" is a technically incorrect term though. While cpanel does support SRS you can't really do cpanel first though, because Google hates forwarded email and will routinely block your forwarder for hours at a time.

http://archive.richweb.com/why_email_forwarding_is_broken.html

• I was able to solve this problem using Zoho and GApps. Better to keep GApps as primary MX.