Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CHicagoVPS 2GB Sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CHicagoVPS 2GB Sale

CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2012 in Offers

Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have additional capacity for this sale.

We acquired more nodes and IP's from ARIN!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me at Chris[at]chicagovps[dot]net

Regards,

Chris

Thanked by 1mattgrif

Comments

• Hey Chris, this should probably be under 'Offers' instead of 'General'.

• Be aware of serious problems that may occur after ChicagoVPS's maintenances. Our VPS went offline for several days and came back corrupted. After complaining, they refuse to restore our files properly and consider our account cancelled, but we didn't cancel it.

• @cvarda said: Be aware of serious problems that may occur after ChicagoVPS's maintenances. Our VPS went offline for several days and came back corrupted. After complaining, they refuse to restore our files properly and consider our account cancelled, but we didn't cancel it.

Sounds like the kind of story that has a whole other side...

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Kairus,

It does have a whole other side. He asked for an image while his VPS was down so he could switch providers. We provided him with the image, and I thought we have went our separate ways. Since then he has come back asking for help because the image has some corruption.

We have decided to explain to him that we can try and pull some data from a backup WE took. We are not here to screw anyone, we want to help. Even after all his slander and trash talk in multiple forums and tickets we still have decided to help him.

Regards,

Chris

Thanked by 2SrvisLLC Asim
  • @cvarda said: Be aware of serious problems that may occur after ChicagoVPS's maintenances. Our VPS went offline for several days and came back corrupted. After complaining, they refuse to restore our files properly and consider our account cancelled, but we didn't cancel it.

Wow, I've read this several times in the past hour.

• I've been with ChicagoVPS and I currently have 2 servers with them, considering a 3rd. I bought the box because I figured spending a little bit of money would keep me more motivated to learn Linux. So I setup a Minecraft server, which is running from when they had 1GB Ram servers for $7 a month. As soon as I saw 2GB Ram servers for $7 a month I bought a second. On this second box I am running my personal blog on. So far any downtime that may have occurred I never noticed.

If you are looking for a low cost Linux box and don't need high read/write disk speeds this is an amazing solution.

Thanked by 1camti
  • I also purchased from ChicagoVPS yesterday. Everything has been great so far! Chris was amazing in support, replying to my pre-sale ticket within approximately 5 minutes, and got me set up as soon as he could!! Thank you Chris and ChicagoVPS.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Glad we could help :)