Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Credit card payment processor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Credit card payment processor

lurchlurch Member

I'm trying to find a payment processor with the view to offering paid plans on a legal file hosting site however paypal doesn't support this. Can anone recommend somewhere that processes debit/credit card payments for UK and allow file hosting sites? Ideally I don't want to store any credit card information.

Would be nice to have instant/short payment processing times transferring funds to a bank account or debit card.

Comments

• edited June 2017

Stripe? Everyone seems to like them.

The better question is if there is a payment processor who isn't going to eat your lunch with processing fees.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • Everyone uses stripe works great.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • adxnadxn Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

Use Stripe! and in case you are not from a country where Stripe is supported then get a Borderless bank account from Transferwise and connect it to your Stripe.

EDIT: Shouldn't be a problem if you are from the UK.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

Definitely Stripe.

• lurchlurch Member

Thanks everyone stripe it is.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@lurch said:
    Thanks everyone stripe it is.

They're great. Fraud detection and features are pretty good compared to other card processors.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

now thats interesting...

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

Recently moved to Stripe. Low fees is a plus and whmcs added integration in v7.

Pavin.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • For me as web developer, using Stripe is pretty straightforward. Upvote for Stripe.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

I personally use braintree payments, and they work rather nicely

• Stripe have refused my request to accept payments via them on my command line based file hosting service even though I said that no anonymous/unregistered user uploads would be allowed. Can anyone recommend an alternative?

• @lurch said:
    Stripe have refused my request to accept payments via them on my command line based file hosting service even though I said that no anonymous/unregistered user uploads would be allowed. Can anyone recommend an alternative?

Read this thread:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/148307/good-payment-processors-for-file-hosting-business

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Stripe is the best so far as also you be able to setup fraud filters - much better than just check visitors IP address details (maxmind IP intelligence without any intelligence!)

• lurchlurch Member
    edited November 2018

@WebProject said:
    Stripe is the best so far as also you be able to setup fraud filters - much better than just check visitors IP address details (maxmind IP intelligence without any intelligence!)

alas they turned me down due to conflict with their TOS as potentially falls under "IP Infringement" and recommended paymentcloudinc

@stefeman said:

@lurch said:
    Stripe have refused my request to accept payments via them on my command line based file hosting service even though I said that no anonymous/unregistered user uploads would be allowed. Can anyone recommend an alternative?

Read this thread:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/148307/good-payment-processors-for-file-hosting-business

Just had a read seems I may be out of luck, the annoying thing is I wanted to actively use their fraud prevention/verification as all users would have to provide legitimate personal and credit card details.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

lurch said: alas they turned me down due to conflict with their TOS as potentially falls under "IP Infringement" and recommended paymentcloudinc

very odd, the other great payment gateways are: Braintree and Square

The scam payment gateways are:
    Nochex - even they are regulated under FCA, they do unfair contracts and without any notification can update terms and condition, empty your account and terminate it, I do believe they are lacking in transparency;
    2Checkout - they do love a fake chargebacks and we caught them as our customer did signed a contract and never initiated chargeback;

• qba82qba82 Member, Patron Provider

WebProject said: 2Checkout - they do love a fake chargebacks and we caught them as our customer did signed a contract and never initiated chargeback;

I saw quite many websites using 2Checkout, even was thinking about trying them anybody else can confirm that they are scaming people?