Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Hetzner website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Hetzner website

jgillichjgillich Member
edited June 2017 in Providers

https://www.hetzner.com/

Looks really nice IMO. Server auctions are now integrated in the main site as well.

Thanked by 2dwtbf Falzo

Comments

• fLoofLoo Member

+1. Reminds me of .. wait what was it .. rackspace :)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Looks nice, but the old one had information and the server configs listed better.

Thanked by 1VirtualByte
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited June 2017

@MikeA said:
    Looks nice, but the old one had information and the server configs listed better.

Yep. This is the backside of the new shiny world. Thats why i prefer "no-so-shiny-but-lots-of-info" over this :) Same thing why i dont like OVH order page, its a mess.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Looks nice, also just noticed they have 10TB hdd option for 32 euro's per month haven't seen these drives anywhere else yet.

• trvztrvz Member

@vfuse said:
    Looks nice, also just noticed they have 10TB hdd option for 32 euro's per month haven't seen these drives anywhere else yet.

A few other places with options for drives have them, such as Nforce (45EUR) and Worldstream (55EUR).
    However even at 32EUR these are way overpriced as with all custom server configurations.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Wow, love it, looks awesome!

• williewillie Member

vfuse said: 10TB hdd option for 32 euro's per month

You need the flexipack for that, don't forget. I did some calculations about it and figured it's still a worse deal than the SX series storage servers.

• racksxracksx Member

It was about the time for them to change it looks great, they were using the same design since 5-6 years ago.

• @MikeA said:

Agreed. The bookmark I saved still works thougH: https://robot.your-server.de/order/market

• Looks nice on mobile though.

• nice interface

• MaherMaher Member

I guess they made a typo on their infrastructure info showing a 2Tb of bandwidth only for most servers instead of 20

• What is "IMO"?

• edited June 2017

@Maher said:
    I guess they made a typo on their infrastructure info showing a 2Tb of bandwidth only for most servers instead of 20

I think that is the reference to their overall network capacity being 2Tbps, whereas by 'Traffic' on the right of the page, and under the 'OPTIONAL FEATURES' section of the site, it references 30TB bandwidth limit on the servers.

Edit: info on https://www.hetzner.com/unternehmen/rechenzentrum/ page suggests that 2Tbps figure is a combination of their peering & transit bandwidth capacity, so I believe that is what the page was referring to.

• PandyPandy Member

@overclock said:
    What is "IMO"?

short for "In My Opinion"

• Hmm.. they have removed filtering by HDD size for server bidding auctions

• hanoihanoi Member

They banned Vietnam.

• @Pandy said:

@overclock said:
    What is "IMO"?

short for "In My Opinion"

Oh! Thanks.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

The server auctions are very misleading. If you click on the "has SSD/NVMe" option it shows for example:
    2x 1536GB SSD

Even though it's:
    2x HDD 1,5 TB SATA
    1x SSD 240 GB SATA

• cjdcjd Member

New website says server auction prices include VAT. Checkout says they exclude VAT. Bit misleading.

• @cjd said:
    New website says server auction prices include VAT. Checkout says they exclude VAT. Bit misleading.

Select your country and itll set the correct amount of VAT.