Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webmail interface for access to multiple accounts at once?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webmail interface for access to multiple accounts at once?

cr08cr08 Member
edited January 2012 in General

Long story short: I am finally getting around to creating individual email accounts on my domains rather than a catch-all address (One domain of which I have had for years and is getting a lot of obnoxious spam lately on random attempted addresses). What I want to know if there is any webmail app that will make it easy to log in once and have access to multiple desired inboxes. Obviously security and such taken into account. At this point it is for the rare occasion I have to access these inboxes on a computer that doesn't have access to my desired mail clients (Such as my Chromebook which is pretty much limited to a web browser).

Comments

• We used http://openwebmail.lagmonster.org/ before we migrated to gmail, which does multiple accounts just fine too.

• RoundCube, SquirrelMail and AtMail Open these are some I know.

• +1 for gmail. It has the features your looking for, and integrates with google calendar, docs, etc. As far as security goes, there's two-factor authentication.

• Roundcube is awesome

• You might think about having just the one email account with multiple aliases, and then server-side filter by alias into separate folders.

• Maybe I should clarify further, though I do appreciate the help so far: I basically want to emulate the ability any normal desktop client has to have FULL access to multiple email accounts in one view and login. ie: Login once and I have access to [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] where I have access to all the folders (Inbox, spam, trash, etc) without having to log out and back in to an individual address.

Gmail is not an option, this is my own domain with mail services hosted on my own box. Have looked into all the other mentioned webmail applications and RoundCube looks the nicest so far and would like to run with it. But every one doesn't have the abilities I am looking for. All I see is an 'Identities' feature which looks like it is just a way to spoof outgoing emails as another address.

I might consider the alias/filter option though. For the time being I expect to be the one in full control of each intended email account for appropriate reasons (ie: Standard domain accounts like webmaster, abuse, etc. and some custom ones like feedback, suggestions, etc) on a one man show (for now).

• Havent come across any web clients which would allow this - I guess imap is out of the question?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Roundcube is a great webmail client. We use it and we've had great results with it so far.