Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Block IP for China Traffic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Block IP for China Traffic

Recently a lot of Ips was block by google to access google / youtube. This had been happened to our ip address, aliyun, and others provider that specific provide SS/VPN services to china users.

We are managed to solve this via ipv6 network, however, the speed seem drop a lot.

Is there anyone of you have better solution?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Are you sure it isn't a GFW issue?

Francisco

• admsamadmsam Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

May be. But google did not mentioned anything until today. It could be something happened between google and china government. I dont believe GFW able to block over google network. I try to using windows to access youtube without any vpn or proxy, its blocked too.

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

Nope, I reached a ban from Google while using these IP, and Google seems to ban all IP in the same ASN.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@lihanlin said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Nope, I reached a ban from Google while using these IP, and Google seems to ban all IP in the same ASN.

Nasty, mind PMing me the ASN?

Francisco

• lihanlinlihanlin Member
    edited June 2017

@Francisco said:

@lihanlin said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Nasty, mind PMing me the ASN?

Francisco

Until now I just know the Linode Japan1 node, Alibaba Cloud,DGChost Los Angeles, this place may be banned because of the high amounts of users in one IP (commercial proxy/VPN)
    And I can't provide exactly ASN since that i'm just a user of Google:(

• admsamadmsam Member

@lihanlin said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Google told you this? How they told you?

edited June 2017

@admsam said:

@lihanlin said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

From the information now I have, Google didn't say any thing,but Google banned likely a /24 or a ASN(all users are banned , though some of them didn't share their proxy/VPN)something seem to be right on that forum

• admsamadmsam Member

@lihanlin said:

@admsam said:

@lihanlin said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

From the information now I have, Google didn't say any thing,but Google banned likely a /24 or a ASN(all users are banned , though some of them didn't share their proxy/VPN)something seem to be right on that forum

could you share the forum threat link?

• @admsam said:

@lihanlin said:

@admsam said:

@lihanlin said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

could you share the forum threat link?

http://www.hostloc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=371116
    http://www.hostloc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=371076
    https://www.v2ex.com/t/368823
    Some of these may help you

• admsamadmsam Member

forum may be right, but google yet to acknowledge this. Same like china did not acknowledge that presented of GFW

• psb777psb777 Member

edited June 2017

Some political reasons, and the GFW may attack Google, then it happened

• @lihanlin said:

by GFW you mean?

• @cyberpersons said:

@lihanlin said:

by GFW you mean?

It's just a firewall in China, and it will block anything be marked as 'attack(the information which isn't allowed by CN Gov like CNN/BBC'news)' outside

• admsamadmsam Member

I believe that some deal between google and china government. Imagine if blocked by CN, the content shall still reach into my network. Now the content from youtube was blocked. And there is not fully block, only video is not stream out. We still can open google search and youtube page.

• admsamadmsam Member

@psb777 said:

what is your point to posting this?

• @admsam said:
    I believe that some deal between google and china government. Imagine if blocked by CN, the content shall still reach into my network. Now the content from youtube was blocked. And there is not fully block, only video is not stream out. We still can open google search and youtube page.

I don't think so, the relationship between CN gov and Google is not very good, but there is a possible reason that Google China is going back

• @admsam said:

What possible deal there can be?

• admsamadmsam Member

@cyberpersons said:

@admsam said:

What possible deal there can be?

Nice question, but i dont know.

• maybe google just wants to tell you guys in China that you're not their target customers.
    Too much bandwidth cost, yielding nothing

• LizCatLizCat Member

@NexusH798 said:
    maybe google just wants to tell you guys in China that you're not their target customers.
    Too much bandwidth cost, yielding nothing

Free peer with google