Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• @Zen said:
    So, technically I guess we are both right in ways. Either way the argument is an old one :)

An argument that never ends. Btw, managed hosts love OVZ (or Virtuzzo) more than KVM or Xen. More due to how easy and simple it is to mainatin and how light it can be on the hostnode. Yeh. Lets not kill each other.

• Oh god what have I done :-o

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited August 2013

@mpkossen said:
    Oh god what have I done :-o

Hail [censored].

Wait wrong forum.

• So, the plan with the warnings is off the table, I assume? :P

• Someone saved him. Damn lucky guy!

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Does anyone actually like the mobile theme?

• I do for my iPhone.

• @jbiloh said:
    Does anyone actually like the mobile theme?

Not really, but the full theme isn't perfect either, so it's an OK middle ground.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Works decently on my iPhone

• Does anybody know how (or if it's possible) to tag multi-word usernames?

@User Name only tags User.

• I suggest fixing the bug in the Thanks plugin that i reported a year ago. It's not critical or anything but could turn out to be mildly annoying.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

Suggestion: stop deleteing treads like my recent 'one man show LEB VPS providers'. Clients have a right to know this type of info.

'Of course some people (providers) will not like that thread, but I made my arguments clear as to why I opened it and why I thought the information needed to be known. Censorship is too extreme on this site. Customers/clients have rights too, not just the providers.'

• @asterisk14 said:
    Suggestion: stop deleteing treads like my recent 'one man show LEB VPS providers'. Clients have a right to know this type of info.

'Of course some people (providers) will not like that thread, but I made my arguments clear as to why I opened it and why I thought the information needed to be known. Censorship is too extreme on this site. Customers/clients have rights too, not just the providers.'

I'll stop deleting them if you stop posting them. Unless you start to understand the concept of serious, two-sides discussion and not just post threads to post personal shit-lists (which often have no arguments behind them other than gut feeling), things are not going to change any time soon.

Also, let me introduce you to the Cest Pit!

• @mpkossen said:
    Also, let me introduce you to the Cest Pit!

Oh, you mean that shitty offtopic thread that ISN'T EVEN HIDDEN FROM PUBLIC VIEW ANYMORE?

What's the fucking difference.

Does anyone actually like the mobile theme? > @MrObvious said:

What's the fucking difference.

What's the problem?

• MrObviousMrObvious Member
    edited August 2013

@jbiloh said:
    Does anyone actually like the mobile theme? > MrObvious said:
    What's the problem?

Him deleting threads created by people so that they aren't in public view, and then directing that specific person to post in a thread that is entirely 100% viewable by the public to post what he originally made a thread about.

Edit: I should clarify - The Cest Pit used to be hidden from public view, and was able to be viewed by registered users only. People are directed to that thread to bitch about anything, and post things that generally shouldn't be made in public.

Ah I see. Hmm. What was the deleted thread about?

Ps check your email and sign up for that package!

• @jbiloh said:
    Ps check your email and sign up for that package!

Done

Very good. We'll get that squared away for you on Tuesday. :)

• @MrObvious said:
    Him deleting threads created by people so that they aren't in public view, and then directing that specific person to post in a thread that is entirely 100% viewable by the public to post what he originally made a thread about.

Edit: I should clarify - The Cest Pit used to be hidden from public view, and was able to be viewed by registered users only. People are directed to that thread to bitch about anything, and post things that generally shouldn't be made in public.

"Him" has a name and can be contacted ;-)

I've removed the thread not because it was in public view, but rather because it was one of those "share your shit-list" threads. It seemed to have no other purpose than to harm businesses, put them in lists and tell people to avoid them. While it's totally legitimate to share a bad experience with a business and discuss this, creating such warnings and lists solely based on that fact that a business is run by a single person is extremely childish and unfounded.

I thus removed the thread and invited the OP (@asterisk14) to create a new one without the lists but focused more on discussing the actual topic at hand. He did so and the thread is still here. After some initial "fire" at the OP, it turned into an actual discussion.

The "offtopic" category used to be hidden from the public, AFAIK. It's just a bug/mistake that it's not anymore. Thanks for reporting it (I was unaware of it): we'll get it looked at.

Just letting everyone know that the wiki is back online in its original form. You can visit it by clicking the links on LEB/LET. Be advised that it now located at http://wiki.lowendbox.com though!

• Inbox search feature? I hate having to go through pages to look for what I want.

• Code a plugin to disallow people spamming their offers on offers section already.

• Is it just me with big lag issues at LET recently?
    I see some people submitted same posts multiple times in line today.

LET was moved to a new cluster today, which should improve the speeds. Please let me know if that is not the case.

We're looking into this further now.

The errors when trying to post should be resolved now, let us know what you guys see.

Testing once more.

This discussion has been closed.