Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• skaska Member

@FrapHost said:
    ska impossible, afaik its a markdown issue. Try drafting a thread and see what happens.

I did with my thread and TBH the editor works just like any editor. One newline is a new line and two newlines is a paragraph. Just like with nano or MS Word.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited August 2013

New line
    New line
    New line

^ not working. Two new lines is a new paragraph thats correct, but one new line does not work. What browser are you using?

• skaska Member
    edited August 2013

@FrapHost said:
    What browser are you using?

As I said: FF 23.0.1.

Edit: OK, switched from netbook to main computer and there I do have the same problem you are facing.

• I suggest banning users who post threads containing "dreamtera.com" automatically.

Thanked by 2DomainBop Gunter
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

senthuran1999 is persistent. Guy posted over 30 reseller offers in last month and he keeps coming back with new and new accounts. Sadly there's no "badwords" ban list to add his link to this list because that's the only thing which stays the same (different IPs, new registration mail accounts...)

• @Spirit said:
    senthuran1999 is persistent. Guy posted over 30 reseller offers in last month and he keeps coming back with new and new accounts. Sadly there's no "badwords" ban list to add his link to this list because that's the only thing which stays the same (different IPs, new registration mail accounts...)

Just to confirm, Senthuran1999 is also KingVPS?

• Prefer not to talk about individual accounts but this case was public anyway so answer is yup.

• Ha. I thought something was fishy about that guy.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited August 2013

<>

• @jbiloh is there a plugin that would allow the mods to move a certain post in a different thread (like in the Cest Pit) ?

• @rds100 we already discussed about this and administration is looking into it. Vanilla Split / Merge (FE) 1.01 plugin is terrible outdated (not updated since 2011). I hope there's some other solution.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • Great working point of America!!!

• skaska Member

I would like that instead of Markdown normal Text or BBCode can be used. I'm now facing the same issue as @FrapHost. Markdown was never intended to be used for a forum. It's a simple misuse of technology and shows a misunderstanding of its purpose.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited August 2013

@ska said:
    I would like that instead of Markdown normal Text or BBCode can be used. I'm now facing the same issue as FrapHost. Markdown was never intended to be used for a forum. It's a simple misuse of technology and shows a misunderstanding of its purpose.

Even though I like Markdown myself and don't mind using it here, I agree with this. Better revert back to something like BBCode, which most people know and was designed for use in forums.

Given all the recent "issues", I'm starting to doubt Vanilla's fitness to power LET. I like the front page (the "list" of topics, as it were) but there's a lot of inconveniences. Both as a user and as a moderator.

EDIT: I would like to elaborate on that. Some things that annoy me about Vanilla:
    - When adding a thread/comment, there's an editor, when editing it, there's not
    - When posting, there's Markdown, when editing your signature, it's Simple HTML
    - When I remove a thread in violation of our guidelines/rules, I need to open the user, type a/the same message and keep track of the "warning" somewhere
    - Quoting works half the time
    - I can't remove a "Thanks" I made accidentally
    - I can't see IP addresses of accounts waiting for approval (I need to approve, then check the IP, then either ban/delete)
    - There's no thread/post merging
    - There's no mobile app and the browser version misses some functionality (can't thank, for example)

I could go on, of course, but this are the most annoying ones.

EDIT2: and the fact that I had to edit this comment because I had to add two spaces after every line only makes it worse... ;-)

Thanked by 1ska
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@Liam the password recovery thing for the LEB helpdesk doesn't seem to send me anything. I wanted to submit a deal for LEB. Can I email it somewhere instead or can you reset my password?

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Sent it. Thanks.
    :-)

• Can guidelines enforce the indication of virtualization type used in VPS offers? So many OpenVZ providers now don't say anything about their virtualization type in offer thread, giving a direct order link in WHMCS, skipping product introduction page. If you are careless, you'll only find that you paid $7 for a crap 256MB OVZ after payment.

• An OpenVZ warning would be better.

WARNING: the product you are about to buy is most likely heavily oversold

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @mpkossen said:
    An OpenVZ warning would be better.

WARNING: the product you are about to buy is most likely heavily oversold

It's not like KVM can't do that or any other tech. There are just lots of ill informed information about it. KVM overselling has started long ago.

It's just about the market. Back many months back people thought it wouldn't make sense to be doing 3GB/$7 VPS. Now it's a common thing.

KVM will pick up the trend soon.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @concerto49 said:
    KVM will pick up the trend soon.

So true, unfortunately.

• skaska Member
    edited August 2013

Maybe an indicator like this:

WARNING: the product provides os-level virtualisation (OpenVZ).
    INFORMATION: the product provides virtualisation (Xen, KVM)

Then again a simple OpenVZ or Xen or KVM would be sufficient.

• In this case you shouldn't put Xen (PV) and KVM in the same boat either.

• skaska Member

@rds100 said:
    In this case you shouldn't put Xen (PV) and KVM in the same boat either.

You're right, that should be indicated.

Maybe an indicator like this:

WARNING: the product provides os-level virtualisation (OpenVZ).
    ATTENTION: the product provides paravirtualisation (XEN(PV)).
    INFORMATION: the product provides virtualisation (Xen(HVM), KVM)

Then again a simple OpenVZ or Xen(PV) or Xen(HVM) or KVM would be sufficient.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @ska said:

Then again a simple OpenVZ or Xen(PV) or Xen(HVM) or KVM would be sufficient.

I vote for this one :)

Otherwise some people will start including "GMO free", "Paraben free", "No cholesterol" and so on :)

Thanked by 1ska
  • And I am not even bothered. In most offers is writen what we get. In some others are clear indicators what we get (vSwap...). And where isn't clear and I am interested I simply ask. Problem solved.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited August 2013

People need to stop blaming Obama errr I meant OpenVZ for everything. You want 100GB for 1$, provider wants your 1$, so connect the dots and oversell. You are not using it, they are not giving it to you either. You are happy cause you have 4GB ram for 7$, provider is happy that you do not and can not use 4GB and they stil get your 7$. It is like that 1$ MCBurger. You get nothing but you are still happy because it is cheaper than subway. Not everyone with OVZ oversells nor every overseller is bad.

• @Zen said:
    2. Pretty hard to profit in this LE* market without it.

I was talking about in general. You know, LE* is just a very small aspect of VPS industry and no host should rely on LE* only :).

This discussion has been closed.