Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• I think y'all should start dishing out bans for first-post offenders.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Is there a problem with quoting? sometimes it just does:

• Yeah, that's been happening to me a lot as well, @Ishaq. Compared to the traditional quoting (by selecting text), current quoting is bad and broken.

Thanked by 2Infinity TheKiller
  • Can anyone find the cookie monster? I am tired of logging twice every time for the same site.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    Yeah, that's been happening to me a lot as well, Ishaq. Compared to the traditional quoting (by selecting text), current quoting is bad and broken.

Unfortunately the select text method is very badly broken for this version of vanilla.

We'll look into the other quoting issue.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

I'd suggest installing stopforumspam plugin for vanilla to stop spam from bots it works :-)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @SpeedBus said:
    I'd suggest installing stopforumspam plugin for vanilla to stop spam from bots it works :-)

Seconded.

• We're already back on manual user approval. Spam should get less over the next few days. Hopefully down to 0 in the future.

• skaska Member

What about the Wiki, will it ever come back?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Yes its on the docket for this week.

• @mpkossen said:
    We're already back on manual user approval. Spam should get less over the next few days. Hopefully down to 0 in the future.

Spam still coming at the moment.
    Maybe, first thread requires recaptcha?

• AdducAdduc Member

Given this forum is meant for discussing low end servers, could we restrict request threads to the same criteria as offers ($7/month or $48/year)?

• @sundaymouse said:
    Maybe, first thread requires recaptcha?

We're looking into this. Some still manage to get through for unknown reasons.

• FIX YOUR DAMN COOKIES!

Hmm I'm using the stopforumspam at my vanillaforum, seems to be holding well :)

• @SpeedBus said:
    Hmm I'm using the stopforumspam at my vanillaforum, seems to be holding well :)

We use that as well and it holds back a lot of SPAM. Apparently not everything.

@mpkossen said:
    We use that as well and it holds back a lot of SPAM. Apparently not everything.

oh ouch :/ the recaptcha the bots get through i really dont get how though

• AsimAsim Member

@jbiloh said:
    Wiki is back online, fixing the bugs now.

Whats the new URL for wiki?

• @Asim said:
    Whats the new URL for wiki?

That post from him is old, they had the wiki running for a short while, but it seems to have died now

• is it normaly that on lowendbox ticket are not answered within 14 days?

• @Internoc24 said:
    is it normaly that on lowendbox ticket are not answered within 14 days?

Don't think so. @Liam may be able to help you out here.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Is a link to the LET guidelines shown after successful registration either by email or popup? if not it should because new providers keep asking where the rules are after community members ask them to read it.

• skaska Member

Reminding people to edit their posts when adding new content instead of making tens of new comments after their own would also be great. That would help making the reading process of big threads much easier.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@ska said:
    Reminding people to edit their posts when adding new content instead of making tens of new comments after their own would also be great. That would help making the reading process of big threads much easier.

Do you read old posts over and over again? I usually check what's new.

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013

Well, I don't happen to have the time to check on LET for every second, so I "have" to read through the comments that have been added later. In the case of big threads --like with the OVH threads-- this means roughly 50-80 comments. Just to make sure: I'm speaking of editing comments within a reasonable time-frame and if commenting under one's own comment in order to get rid of double-/triple-/quadruple-/posts.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Internoc24 said:

It is not normal per se, but we tend to get back to people only when we're ready to start writing their offer up, and with the backlog of over 40 offers it may be a little bit of time until you may be featured unless you have an offer that really stands out.

• @Internoc24 said:

You'd be lucky to get a reply within a month is my experience and also what a few others said.

• @concerto49 said:
    You'd be lucky to get a reply within a month is my experience and also what a few others said.

It is a hit or miss tbh :). But once they do get back to you, it is snappy :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Keep in mind the quality of the offer also determines how quick we feature you.

• @concerto49 said:

Oh...realy? by our first offer on Lowendbox we received fast answers (1-2days) but with our next planned offer..we dont receive any answer...the other side is to see our..we brainstorm to create a good offer, create the offer in the system, makes deadlines for promoting and marketing and than..it was all for nothing..?

This discussion has been closed.