Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 27
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MikHo said: @Nekki, you never used the free wifi on Mallorca have you?

That would be a no; I don't go anywhere I can't purchase WiFi, the Missus would go psycho without speedy access to FaceBook for longer than half an hour. I remember sitting outside the NY Apple Store at 11pm at night just so she could leech their decent free WiFi because the free connection in the hotel was bobbins.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I paid €15 for four days wifi at te hotel and its worse then the free wifi at the bars.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MikHo said: I paid €15 for four days wifi at te hotel and its worse then the free wifi at the bars.

That sucks arse, I'd complain, often they do actually sort these things out.

But yeah, if I had wanky wifi I'd switch to the mobile theme.

• SunnSunn Member

@Nekki - 3 Day bann for being a prick ey?

• I'm guessing that's feedback and not a suggestion @Sunn?

If we are petitioning to ban Nekki and end his reign of terror though I'll throw in a +1.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AThomasHowe said:
    I'm guessing that's feedback and not a suggestion Sunn?

If we are petitioning to ban Nekki and end his reign of terror though I'll throw in a +1.

+2, the power is clearly going to my head.

• wychwych Member

What is this reign of terror you speak of?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    What is this reign of terror you speak of?

I'm presuming it's something to do with being continually rude to dickheads.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:

Oh, thats an issue?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    Oh, thats an issue?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

• wych said: What is this reign of terror you speak of?

Personally I am for declaring LET an anarchist state. Viva la revolution.

• SunnSunn Member

Nekki - Dickheads, It take's one to know one.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Sunn said:
    Nekki - Dickheads, It take's one to know one.

I wasn't actually referring to you, clownshoes.

Anyway, feedback thread. If you want to sling insults at me, more than happy to indulge you with a 'sling-off' in the Cest Pit.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited May 2014

Recommend that there be a peer review team for ensuring the quality of posts. Must consist of members who get to choose as the judgement regarding disputes.

• CoreyCorey Member

We Really need an auction system - check this thread out for example.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/27847/auction-nice-domains-with-google-apps-starting-at-free/p2

Imagine that nightmare!

• @0xdragon said:
    Recommend that there be a peer review team for ensuring the quality of posts. Must consist of members who get to choose as the judgement regarding disputes.

I see this working very well, or breaking horribly at the same time...

• wychwych Member

@eddynetweb said:
    or breaking horribly at the same time...

Ditto.

• @0xdragon said:

What problem are you trying to solve? Which posts?

• RalliasRallias Member

There should be an annual maximum price for dedi boxes. I'm doing the math, and I'm pretty sure I can get one good for about $25/yr if paid annually.

• @Rallias said:
    There should be an annual maximum price for dedi boxes. I'm doing the math, and I'm pretty sure I can get one good for about $25/yr if paid annually.

Lolwat?

• RalliasRallias Member

0xdragon said: Lolwat?

Small side project I've been working on.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Rallias said:

Sure that is a typo.
    $25 / YEAR should probably be / month instead.

• rds100rds100 Member

I thought it's not allowed to post dedi offers for periods other than a month? The rules don't mention anything about quarterly, halfyearly or yearly prices, only monthly is mentioned.

Someone from the staff please comment, and maybe update the LET rules to make it more clear? @mpkossen ?

• SpiritSpirit Member

rds100 said: Someone from the staff please comment, and maybe update the LET rules to make it more clear?

Rules were updated already.

2014-05-07 Added:

Only monthly pricing for dedicated servers!

Thanked by 1rds100
  • RalliasRallias Member

MikHo said: Sure that is a typo. $25 / YEAR should probably be / month instead.

Well, when the hardware's about $30, and you can stuff about 200-500 in a 5u enclosure, $25/year isn't that hard to achieve.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Rallias said: Well, when the hardware's about $30, and you can stuff about 200-500 in a 5u enclosure, $25/year isn't that hard to achieve.

Hi can I have dedi $5/year please?

• perennate said: Hi can I have dedi $5/year please?

Would you pay 10 years up front in bitcoin?

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited May 2014

perennate said: Hi can I have dedi $5/year please?

Sure. Specs on it will be 2xATmega328's running at 16 MHz, 128 KB Ram, 512 MB NUMA Flash storage, and as much bandwidth as your code can handle..

• IshaqIshaq Member

Emails are still hit and miss, sometimes they arrive and sometimes they don't.

• Ishaq said: Emails are still hit and miss, sometimes they arrive and sometimes they don't.

I can confirm the same, no logs from my server.

This discussion has been closed.