Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will LET close too?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will LET close too?

dnomdnom Member
edited January 2012 in General

From the blog post It was not clear that LET will have to go too. but it probably share the same fate with LEB. What do you guys think? @LowEndAdmin ?

OT:
This sucks. :( and I don't blame @LowEndAdmin for anything.
It's just that I feel upset that after deciding to finally(been a lurker since the foundation) join this community... :(

Comments

• I hope LET doesn't disappear. I get a lot of good innnnnnput here.

• I think, LET should be affiliated with LEB.
    Unless LEA wants to sell LEB and gave LET to the LET users community.
    I don't know what LEA will decide.

• LongShotLongShot Member
    edited January 2012

LET definitely is more valuable to me as a VPS user - I'll live without LEB. I need information on running a VPS, not buying one. There also are alternatives to LEB for new offers, low-end providers, etc.

Providers are free to post new offerings here on LET, and the community can pass judgment just as it does on LEB. And LET should be less time-consuming for LEA or a new admin. The one downside is the loss of ad revenue but, on the other hand, the only expense is $7 a month for that low-end VPS, right? 8^)

My advice: drop LEB, and rename LET as LEB - the name is more descriptive.

• Its not the $7/month that is the issue for amny. It's the time, or more precisely the lack of it with respect to the demands of keeping the site in order.

I pretty much posted the same idea as @LongShot in the other thread. I find that LET > LEB for my purposes.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Wait.. What happened to LEB? Right when I'm busy something like this has to happen. lol

Either way I hope LET stays!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I think (and hope) that both LET & LEB will be together in the future, no matter what happens with them