Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Virmach Special
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Virmach Special

JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
edited June 2017 in General

https://virmach.com/special-offers/

Better than their last deal. It is SSD OpenVZ or SSD KVM and 500gbit Voxility filtering is only a $5/yr addon (vs. being a $36/yr addon at some other places.)

2GB SSD KVM is $23.40/yr (Windows available free.)

It is in their CC Los Angeles location ONLY. (its some Chinese forum deal)

Update: Coupon code 91yun2off will give $2 recurring off any of the specials.

Comments

• overclockoverclock Member
    edited June 2017

And you need a promo code , man.

That sould be "91yun2off"

The admin of that Chinese forum made a incredible deal called "PY trade" with Virmach, so we get the offers.

Enjoy your promo.

Thanked by 2Aluminat raynor
  • @overclock said:
    And you need a promo code , man.

That sould be "91yun2off"

The admin of that Chinese forum made a incredible deal called "PY trade" with Virmach, so we get the offers.

Enjoy your promo.

Nice. Time to get one for seeding.

• YuraYura Member

I'm getting a little worried for my dear @Virmach. Pls don't get vortexfucked. Long live @Virmach

Thanked by 1saf31
  • Marked as fraud, aw rip.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Yura said:
    I'm getting a little worried for my dear @Virmach. Pls don't get vortexfucked. Long live @Virmach

VirMach hasn't shown the erratic behavior pattern of VortexNode, so I suspect that they're not in danger. Furthermore, this sale applies only to Los Angeles, where VirMach recently installed some new servers, so they probably have some excess space ...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2017

angstrom said: so they probably have some excess space ...

Then they better expect a lot of refunds because CC is outbound single homing Telia for them.

Francisco

In any case, the smaller KVMs are already gone.

• eloftyelofty Member

would have been tempted by the 2gb windows but not in LA

• @angstrom said:

I ordered 256ovz 512kvm,I think it worth its price.

@overclock said:

@angstrom said:

You were quick -- both of those are sold out now. Yes, the prices are attractive.

But it really does seem that this sale is for the Chinese.

• @angstrom said:

@overclock said:

@angstrom said:

You were quick -- both of those are sold out now. Yes, the prices are attractive.

But it really does seem that this sale is for the Chinese.

The offer was published 17 hours ago, back then it was 9 A.M. in China, after about 5-10 mins, 128ovz sold out. Plenty of 256ovz/256kvm/512kvm left, so I picked a 512kvm.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

angstrom said: so they probably have some excess space ...

Then they better expect a lot of refunds because CC is outbound single homing Telia for them.

Francisco

No miracles can be done.
    http://lg.hkunicom.com/lg / http://ipms.chinatelecomglobal.com/public/lookglass/lookglassDisclaimer.html @VirMach LG for LA at http://la.lg.virmach.com/

Doesn't seem that bad TBH.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited June 2017

Do they even have China routes with this anyway, I get around 200ms ping from my other LA VPS with them..

It is a amazing deal and I'll probably grab one.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Being respectful here... Will this be the next VortexNode cluster fuck?

• EdmondEdmond Member

@Hxxx said:

Personally I don't really care, the services I have with them are all dirt cheap, you can't expect it to be able to support it forever.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2017

2days ago, I just remembered I had a $6/y 512mb VZ in LA with them.

Checked uptime and was something like 265 days. NICE.
    Threw virtualmin on it to use as a temp-http server for 3-4 months for evaluation.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Hxxx said:

Different companies. Doesn't mean one can't afford to do this.
    @VirMach is a stable company.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • HxxxHxxx Member

I actually care a little about this. Client vs Provider relation should benefit both ways.

@Edmond said:

@Hxxx said:

Personally I don't really care, the services I have with them are all dirt cheap, you can't expect it to be able to support it forever.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Hxxx said:

My opinion, what did vortex in was dedicated. That's the hardest area to manipulate your margins. There are a lot more tricks you can pull out to adjust and manipulate VPS margins. You can't much change how much space/power a dedicated server requires, but you can consolidate VPS nodes, oversell, etc.

• Thanks, Grabbed OpenVZ 2GB. I want to grab the KVM Windows, but I have no idea, what to do with Windows VPS.

• singhighsinghigh Member
    edited June 2017

Again, thanks for @Virmach ! Chinese customers love these specials a lot!

If you are a provider wants to promo you can also drop a PM to me, we take zero affiliate if you contact us directly (We only add affiliate links if we find offer on LET/WHT or elsewhere). We EVEN have more traffics than LEB according to similarweb. (https://www.similarweb.com/website/91yun.org?competitors=lowendbox.com)

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • EdmondEdmond Member

@Hxxx said:
    I actually care a little about this. Client vs Provider relation should benefit both ways.

@Edmond said:

@Hxxx said:

Well ofc, I do wish it both benefits me and them, but in case they go down due to how cheap it, it doesn't bother me.

• seems pretty bad on IO performance thus far ... pretty disappointing. took about 20 minutes for initial apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y to run.

My recommendation is to stay away if you need any decent performance.

root@xx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test_$$ 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 33.5153 s, **32.0 MB/s** root@xx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test_$$ 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.10295 s, **346 MB/s** root@xx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test_$$ 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 20.5482 s, **52.3 MB/s** root@xx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test_$$ 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 55.3577 s, **19.4 MB/s**

• didtavdidtav Member

explain me why kimsufi and online.net do not go bankrupt despite selling dedicated server in such a low prince

@jarland said:

@Hxxx said:

My opinion, what did vortex in was dedicated. That's the hardest area to manipulate your margins. There are a lot more tricks you can pull out to adjust and manipulate VPS margins. You can't much change how much space/power a dedicated server requires, but you can consolidate VPS nodes, oversell, etc.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@didtav said:
    explain me why kimsufi and online.net do not go bankrupt despite selling dedicated server in such a low prince

They own their own data centers and get great deals on power. They're not even slightly comparable to someone colocating with another provider while trying to rent out the servers for bottom of the barrel prices.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@doughnet said:
    seems pretty bad on IO performance thus far ... pretty disappointing. took about 20 minutes for initial apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y to run.

root@xx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test_$$ 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 33.5153 s, **32.0 MB/s** root@xx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test_$$ 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.10295 s, **346 MB/s** root@xx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test_$$ 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 20.5482 s, **52.3 MB/s** root@xx:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test_$$ 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 55.3577 s, **19.4 MB/s**

Calm down.. node is being hammered people doing benchmark at the same time

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • EdmondEdmond Member

@doughnet said:
    seems pretty bad on IO performance thus far ... pretty disappointing. took about 20 minutes for initial apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y to run.

Just curious but which node are you on with them?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said:

@didtav said:

They own their own data centers and get great deals on power. They're not even slightly comparable to someone colocating with another provider while trying to rent out the servers for bottom of the barrel prices.

Fairly sure that neither vortex or Virmach colocate(d) with CC. CC didn't come off to me as liking colocation much, far more meat on the bone with dedicated servers and management stuff.

As for online/ovh, OVH got ~$500M in grants from the French govt/banks last year so no, they aren't going under. Also, isn't Online.net a borderline tax shelter for some multi billion dollar corporation?

Francisco

• Edmond said: Just curious but which node are you on with them?

Understandable. Thanks for info. Will see how it performs in a week.

Edmond said: Just curious but which node are you on with them?

LargeSmooth?

• EdmondEdmond Member

@Francisco said:

@jarland said:

@didtav said:

Fairly sure that neither vortex or Virmach colocate(d) with CC. CC didn't come off to me as liking colocation much, far more meat on the bone with dedicated servers and management stuff.

As for online/ovh, OVH got ~$500M in grants from the French govt/banks last year so no, they aren't going under. Also, isn't Online.net a borderline tax shelter for some multi billion dollar corporation?

Francisco

Don't they make money themselves? Why would the government give them money?