Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PioHost acquired by Access Internet Limited
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PioHost acquired by Access Internet Limited

TomTom Member
edited June 2017 in Providers

Just got this email:

We are writing to inform you that Access Internet Limited have successfully completed the acquisition of PioHost, it's assets, and clients as of today.

Access Internet Limited is a UK company that provides a variety of web hosting and Internet solutions under multiple brands.

In the coming weeks we will keep you informed about any potential changes to your current services as a result of this acquisition. All hardware in the UK has been acquired so there are currently no plans to move your services or make any infrastructure changes.

In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions surrounding this.

Thank you,

Chris T.

Access Internet Ltd

Best of luck to Aaran! Access Internet Limited owns BudgetNode too, so that should give you an idea of the new owners.

Thanked by 1raindog308

Comments

• YuraYura Member

Thanks for keeping us in the darkness loop, @Bopio, @Piohost

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
  • Access Internet is ishaq's brand right? That means it is going to be a part of PageClick and BudgetNode? ...

• Hi,

Yes, PioHost has been acquired.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

PioHost said: Yes, PioHost has been acquired.

I suppose new owners are not willing to keep existing account plans as is:

Tom said: In the coming weeks we will keep you informed about any potential changes to your current services as a result of this acquisition.

Is there any deal for the acquisition that prevents the new owner from raising the price of the existing plans?
    And can you inform us if the new owner is someone known to LET Community?

SolidxGaming said: Access Internet is ishaq's brand right?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well BudgetNode increase the prices for NL from 15$/y to 24$/y.

So there is a good chance that these deals sold by PioHost will be increased also.

• BopieBopie Member

Sorry, it was out of respect to the new owner I was quiet with it

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

All the best @Aaran @Bopie!

Thanked by 1Tom
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Bopie said: Sorry, it was out of respect to the new owner I was quiet with it

And, of course, there is non respect for the clients that bought a service from you, just a respect for the one he gave you money to buy the firm...

• PandyPandy Member

@jvnadr said:

PioHost said: Yes, PioHost has been acquired.

And can you inform us if the new owner is someone known to LET Community?

SolidxGaming said: Access Internet is ishaq's brand right?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10219199/officers

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Congrats @Ishaq !

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

@Pandy I know Ishaq's company and I am a client of him, I even appreciate his attitude and job in the ancient years when he worked for BlueVM. I would like a confirm from the old owners of Piohost that Access Internet is indeed Ishaq's company.

• BopieBopie Member

@jvnadr said:
    @Pandy I know Ishaq's company and I am a client of him, I even appreciate his attitude and job in the ancient years when he worked for BlueVM. I would like a confirm from the old owners of Piohost that Access Internet is indeed Ishaq's company.

I can indeed confirm that its ishaq

• ehabehab Member

@Bopie , will current active plans continue without price increase? i am not talking about recurring but the existing valid yearly services.

ehab said: @Bopie , will current active plans continue without price increase? i am not talking about recurring but the existing valid yearly services.

I don't think anyone but @ishaq can truly confirm that, if the company is sold they have no control now.

• BopieBopie Member

@AnthonySmith said:

ehab said: @Bopie , will current active plans continue without price increase? i am not talking about recurring but the existing valid yearly services.

I don't think anyone but @ishaq can truly confirm that, if the company is sold they have no control now.

This is correct, what happens now is up to them, they took full control but im sure that they well do good things for piohost.

Id also like to give a little statement my self.

Although it was a surprise to most people and I understand that its not ideal for some people, I made the decision for the better of my own family, not only this but I could not put the time in I once had and that would mean bad customer service, ishaq and his team wil be able to offer much more then I ever could.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

ehab said: will current active plans continue without price increase?

I think, from now on, this is more of a questions for @Ishaq (BTW, congratz from me, too, for the acquisition)

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@jvnadr said:

Bopie said: Sorry, it was out of respect to the new owner I was quiet with it

And, of course, there is non respect for the clients that bought a service from you, just a respect for the one he gave you money to buy the firm...

I'm not sure if you've ever seen how acquisitions work - but usually the clients are not informed until it goes "public", aka until both parties agree that they'll close the deal.

So you've been kept out of the loop meanwhile both parties agreed, and you've been informed accordingly when the new owner decided to inform you.

There's respect for the clients, no doubt - but during an acquisition, this is usually kept secret until people are 100% sure it would happen - it's stupid to inform customers that: "Hey, there might happen a acquisition sooner or later".

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Zerpy said: I'm not sure if you've ever seen how acquisitions work

Yes, I have seen how the acquisition worked. There are different ways to approach it. Seller could insist to the new owner that just when the deal closes, HE will immediately inform his clients about the deal.
    He can also include in the deal that current contracts will be honored or, even better, that current prices for active customers will remain the same, at least for xxx time.

This is respect for clients. I know that in real world, this is hard to be true, but there are such cases even here in LET that an acquisition was handled the way I described.

(On the other hand, there is Crissic case of course. I am just glad that Ishaq is not Quadranet...)

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited June 2017

First summer host deadpool of 2017?

• @corbpie said:
    First summer host deadpool of 2017?

They're not really a summerhost...

On the side note: @Ishaq @Ishaq @Ishaq @Ishaq @Ishaq

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

corbpie said: First summer host deadpool of 2017?

Search the definition of "summerhost"! This is just a selling. As of the new owners, Ishaq is by far one of the most trusted guys in LET community, so I agree with @doghouch (hoping also that current prices will not be increased, at least a lot :)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2017

@jvnadr said:

corbpie said: First summer host deadpool of 2017?

Search the definition of "summerhost"! This is just a selling. As of the new owners, Ishaq is by far one of the most trusted guys in LET community, so I agree with @doghouch (hoping also that current prices will not be increased, at least a lot :)

Oh, they're definitely going up. $12/yr is quite unsustainable :P

Honestly with some of the prices that piohost has been going in at I can't imagine this was really a sale of choice, rather than a sale to save face/necessity.

So if you wish Ishaq every success then be prepared for some price rises to remain sustainable.

What is interesting is that it is the legal entity and the assets that have been sold, taking on someone's UK LTD liabilities is a horrible nightmare I hope Ishaq was sensible enough to insist that they filed final accounts first pre-purchase or he will become liable.

That said it could have just been badly worded.

• ucxoucxo Member

@doghouch said:
    They're not really a summerhost...

Correct, they didn't even last to see the summer.

Here rests Piohost

• Dec 2016
      † Jun 2017
    Thanked by 2busbr vmhaus
  • ucxoucxo Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    Honestly with some of the prices that piohost has been going in at I can't imagine this was really a sale of choice, rather than a sale to save face/necessity.

That after Aaran repeatedly told me he considered the prices perfectly sustainable.

What is interesting is that it is the legal entity and the assets that have been sold, taking on someone's UK LTD liabilities is a horrible nightmare I hope Ishaq was sensible enough to insist that they filed final accounts first pre-purchase or he will become liable.

As far as I've heard, the LTD will be dissolved. Not sure what's going to happen afterwards...

Really, the way this was handled doesn't come across as very professional to me.
    Smells kinda like VortexNode/Linovus in retrospect...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I think the way it was handled is fine. This is how most business acquisition work. Clients aren't informed until it's final. If a company is big enough though, someone usually leaks such news.

Seeing how young the host is, I guess it's more of selling it for whatever they can get before having to go broke. Basically, it was a summerhost with a better ending obviously.

Thanked by 1XiNiX
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm really surprised that Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley didn't cover communication better when handling the piohost<->Access sale.

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited June 2017

@deank said:
    This is how most business acquisition work. Clients aren't informed until it's final.

until it's final, yes. Based on what I know, it has been final for the better part of a week already and customers have evidently been receiving ticket replies from Access Internet staff for a few days already. So please excuse me if I'm weary of the "completed the acquisition […] as of today" part. Corrected below.

Now, if they delayed the announcement to be able to provide more info on how they're going to proceed, that would be fine.
    But I'm only seeing a vague hint at "potential changes", so that's not the reason either…

Again, let me point to the ongoing VortexNode migration crisis that started in the exact same way, down to the "we don't have any details yet, but we will keep you updated" bit.
    (Not the same people of course, but the process strikes me as similar.)