Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best/Cheapest place for a wildcard SSL ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best/Cheapest place for a wildcard SSL ?

Looking for a wildcard SSL for a friend. A few sites (subdomains) need SSL. So anything better than Namecheap (30$ per year for Multidomain Positive SSL) ?

Comments

• @Junkless said:
    Looking for a wildcard SSL for a friend. A few sites (subdomains) need SSL. So anything better than Namecheap (30$ per year for Multidomain Positive SSL) ?

cPanel auto issues SSL these days, considering you are on cPanel server?

• bsdguybsdguy Member

I have to scold you. You are a little late with the weekly "any cheap SSL cert provider?" thread!
    To keep things orderly that weekly thread should be opened no later than Monday evening 8 PM west coast time.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @bsdguy said:
    I have to scold you. You are a little late with the weekly "any cheap SSL cert provider?" thread!
    To keep things orderly that weekly thread should be opened no later than Monday evening 8 PM west coast time.

My bad, looks like I usually ignore such threads.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

We provide free wildcard SSL's with all our vps plans.

• @VMbox said:
    We provide free wildcard SSL's with all our vps plans.

But i dont need a VPS. The sites are already hosted on shared hosting and I am sure your certs are only allowed on your own network.

Regards

• assl.loovit.com

• nunimnunim Member
    edited June 2017

^ VMbox offers wildcard, so all you'd need to do is point a sub-domain to their server, if I remember correctly. Technically they are SH SSL which are only supposed to be used in their network but I never had an issue.

I've gotten two certs from them in the past, very useful & actually a pretty good VPS.

Also why not just use LetsEncrypt or AutoSSL(which is LetsEncrypt) from cPanel? Only reason I'd pay for a cert these days would be for EV. AutoSSL is actually pretty easy to use, just enable it on the accounts you want to have SSL & the certs and issued automatically & installed.

• JamesKJamesK Member

@Junkless said:

Is your requirement for wildcard SSL or multi-domain SSL?

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Have sent you my offer via PM.

• @JamesK said:

@Junkless said:

whichever is cheaper and can secure a few subdomains.

• @Junkless said:

@JamesK said:

@Junkless said:

gogetssl.com

• dj1812dj1812 Member
    edited June 2017

If you want to secure different subdomains which are hosted under a single website then Wildcard SSL certificate would be a better option for you.

Wildcard SSL certificates start from $38 per year (ssl2buy.com)

If your requirement is securing multiple websites and its subdomains then you should choose multi-domain SSL certificate.

Multi Domain SSL certificates start from $30 per year (cheapsslshop.com)

Namecheap and cheapsslshop both offer Multi-Domain Positive SSL certificate at the same price $30 that includes 3 domains licenses, but cheapsslshop offers 30 days refund policy with excellent live chat support for installation, Whereas Namecheap offers 15 days refund policy.

• AthylAthyl Member

AutoSSL by cPanel is best for you as it will be free and its available in shared hosting, Now the point is your provider allow thats or not.

• JamesKJamesK Member
    edited June 2017

@JamesK said:

As above many has given recommendation for SSL providers ( and agree that they are providing cheapest price in the market) but still with which ssl certificate to go is still depends on your requirement.

If your requirement to secure few sub domains (which is more than 3) of the same domain name then your should go with Wildcard SSL certificate but if your requirement to secure few sub domains of the different domain name then go with multi domain ssl certificate.

• This, Why would you neded to buy SSL. Since a lot of provider give you ssl for free. If you are using cpanel, chance that you already have ssl. If not, request it to your shared hosting provider. If they refuse, just visit some of the "ssl generator" the one posted before me.

Even cloudflare give you ssl for free.

It's not like you have A LOT OF subdomain. You only have a few. Don't waste your money for wildcard ssl

just my 2cents. It's not your money, not mine.

@cyberpersons said:

@Junkless said:

cPanel auto issues SSL these days, considering you are on cPanel server?