Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ModulesGarden Released Three SolusVM Modules For WHMCS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ModulesGarden Released Three SolusVM Modules For WHMCS!

ModulesGarden is proud to announce release of three SolusVM modules for WHMCS. Modules contain many exciting features and enhancements therefore we are convinced that every SolusVM server owner will find something interesting in our products.

1. SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS

Module allows you to automatically provision virtual servers to your customers. With SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS your clients will be able to conveniently manage virtual servers from your own WHMCS client area!

Features Included:

Provisioning Module
Virtual Server Management From The Client Area
Complete Product Management From The Admin Area
Simple Installation
Dynamic Server Resources Setup With Configurable Options

Provisioning Module Functionality:

Create Server
Terminate Server
Suspend/Unsuspend Server
Rebuild Server
Upgrade/Downgrade Server And Resources
Boot/Reboot/Shutdown Server
Enable TUN/TAP And PAE
Change Password: Root, Client, Console And VNC
Mount/Unmount ISO
Get Server Status
Change Boot Order
SSH Console (KVM Console Will Be Implemented Soon)
Possibility To Turn Off Root Password Storing In The System Database

Additionally:

Combined With DNS Manager For WHMCS - Supports PowerDNS! (read more)
Combined With Advanced Billing For WHMCS Module - Supports Server Resource Usage Billing! (read more)
Multi-Language Support
Supports WHMCS V5 and Later

Are you interested?
✔ Order SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS Now!

Do you need more information?
✔ Read More About SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS

Are you looking for complete documentation?
✔ Visit SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS Wiki

1. SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS

Module allows your customers to create and manage their own virtual servers from your WHMCS client area! Owing to SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS your clients will be able to e.g. add, remove, upgrade or rebuild virtual servers according to their needs.

Provisioning Module Functionality:

Create Client
Terminate Client And All His Servers

Client Area Module Functionality:

Create Server
Delete Server
Resize Server
Increase/Decrease Servers Resources Limit
Boot/Reboot/Shutdown/Rebuild Server
Get Server Status
SSH Console (KVM Console Will Be Implemented Soon

Additionally:

Combined With Advanced Billing For WHMCS Module - Supports Server Resource Usage Billing! (read more)
Multi-Language Support

Are you interested?
✔ Order SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS Now!

✔ Read More About SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS

✔ Visit SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS Wiki

1. SolusVM Extended Reseller For WHMCS

SolusVM Extended Reseller For WHMCS is a great solution for every SolusVM server owner who have their own resellers. Our module allows you to automatically create and provision ready products for your resellers. Products consists of specified server resources which can be further sold to customers of your resellers!

Features Included:

Create Reseller
Terminate Reseller
View All Possible Server Resources
Control Panel Button

Additionally:

Multi-Language Support

Are you interested?
✔ Order SolusVM Extended Reseller For WHMCS Now!

✔ Read More About SolusVM Extended Reseller For WHMCS

✔ Visit SolusVM Extended Reseller For WHMCS Wiki

Coming Really Soon:

Gateway Charges For WHMCS - add additional fee to invoice depending on chosen Payment Gateway
cPanel Extended Extended For WHMCS - Update
Plesk Extended For WHMCS - Update
DirectAdmin Extended For WHMCS - Update
IP Manager For WHMCS - advanced IP Management and auto-assignment of addresses to services
Proxmox Module For WHMCS - owned licenses - with support for IP Manager For WHMCS, DNS Manager For WHMCS and Advanced Billing For WHMCS modules!
Enom Email Module For WHMCS- offer email services to customers having Enom domains

Comments

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited July 2013

They really rushed the release of this, no VNC for KVM is a deal breaker for this product in my opinion. While it's nice to have the functionality built into WHMCS, some things just aren't as intuitive as I'd have liked for the pricepoint it has.

The cloud feature is interesting, but it does appear that resizing requires manual approval and modification from an Admin rather than being automated like Hostbill. (resizing didn't exist in the beta)

• And ugly as hell.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited July 2013

Oh and for what it's worth the prefix on solus usernames are weird. the SolusVM made module you can do say "cr-" and it will do "cr-1, cr2" so on, the modulesgarden module picks random number/letter combos which doesn't make much sense to me -- figure it'd at least pull from the hostname or something.

My personal opinion? Not worth the price.

• This had so much promise and seems to have fallen short on the initial release.

• I expected (and waited for) the KVM VNC Console with the first release, but unfortunately it is not with this release. I think it would've been better to release it one week later and release it with more functionality. Just my two cents.

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

The VNC thing it what prevented me from making my own. From what I could tell everything else looked fairly straight forward. I'm sure they will get it in there soon enough.

I was going to wait and see anyways to give it some time to mature. I need all the automation stuff to just work so I can't take a chance.

• TrueVPSTrueVPS Member
    edited July 2013

I have contact with their developer and we also provided them a dev environment for KVM because they had problems with their own. They expected it be ready at least one week after we sent them one at our infra. They planned the first release with VNC included but they got problems with NoVNC. I think it won't take long for the KVM Console, but it would've been better if it was there from the beginning.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@TrueVPS we provided a KVM environment as well

• TrueVPSTrueVPS Member
    edited July 2013

@Fliphost said:
    TrueVPS we provided a KVM environment as well

Looks like they have more than one then. Konrad told me that they are still using it. I see activity, that's a good thing meaning that they are working on it :)

• Does it use PDO?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I followed all the directions but am having some trouble getting it to connect to SolusVM... and no response to the ticket...

• @shovenose said:
    I followed all the directions but am having some trouble getting it to connect to SolusVM... and no response to the ticket...

Are you using a custom port? Do you have SSL on your SolusVM master?

• marcmmarcm Member

We are using the DNS Manager and Extended cPanel modules. Their software looks rushed, unpolished and expensive. Oh, I forgot ... it's also buggy. There is no option to clean the database tables for their modules on uninstall or preserve it amongst other things. They sometimes make changes to the files in the download area without incrementing a minor version number or posting a changelog. If they keep this up they will be in no time on HostBill's trail, except that HostBill actually provides quality to some degree. ModulesGarden, more polish please, or at least price your modules accordingly. I'll write my own before I'll buy another one again, unless their quality and QA process improves.

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

Can anyone using this answer a question for me. Looking at the screen shots you have to go to product details where the current solus made control panel resides and from there press the "Management" button. What is the url of the page you go to when you press that button? Is there a way to link directly to that button from the whmc product summary page? I only want the control panel to be 1 click away from the whmcs landing page after the customer logs in.

Internally the way whmcs works. You have to get to these pages in a certain way otherwise the variables are not available for the control panel. I tried to get the solus made control panel to show up on the landing page of whmcs and was disappointed to find out it just won't work because of the way whmcs is designed.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited July 2013

I'd imagine it might be possible to do that. To get to the panel:

Login
    click "Services" dropdown
    My services
    click on the View product button next to your active service
    Scroll to bottom and click "Manage" or use the "Management" dropdown at the top and click "Manage VPS" or something to that effect (don't have it sitting in front of me, that's just from memory from beta)

The URL ends up being something like this:

clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=170&modop=custom&a=management

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

@SkylarM said:

The URL ends up being something like this:

clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=170&modop=custom&a=management

Thanks. Now I need to figure out if I can make the "view details" button on the product summary page go directly to that url and still be able to get at the required variables. Or maybe add a "management" button beside it. I think it will work. Yea it's only 1 click that I am saving but every little thing helps imho.

• ModulesGardenModulesGarden Member
    edited July 2013

@SkylarM said:
    They really rushed the release of this, no VNC for KVM is a deal breaker for this product in my opinion.

You are right, we have wanted to finally push the release and proceed with the first version. However, we are actively working on improvements of the module and you can be sure that another module version is coming really soon with VNC console for KVM.

@SkylarM said:
    The cloud feature is interesting, but it does appear that resizing requires manual approval and modification from an Admin rather than being automated like Hostbill. (resizing didn't exist in the beta)

SolusVM API does not allow any way to resize machines via API. We have contacted SolusVM directly in this case and they have agreed to release it in the new version. Yet we cannot assure you about this.
    We can do Terminate and Re-Create, but that is not the best solution.
    We may also consider doing it using POST over control panel using admin login credentials but it is also some security issue. Workarounds in this case can be just problematic. If you think different or have any better idea, feel free to contact us.

@SkylarM said:
    Oh and for what it's worth the prefix on solus usernames are weird. the SolusVM made module you can do say "cr-" and it will do "cr-1, cr2" so on, the modulesgarden module picks random number/letter combos which doesn't make much sense to me -- figure it'd at least pull from the hostname or something.

We will also consider this for the upcoming update.

@serverian said:
    And ugly as hell.

As in any of our modules - client area templates are not encrypted, so you can easily customize it to fit with your template.
    We will work on some alternative also in the next module update - to load everything on the first screen with Ajax.

So summarizing guys, the first version is a credit of trust we want to pay off in the nearly future. We have received a lot of positive feedback from beta testers therefore we fixed reported problems, improved/added many module functionalities and we released the modules. However SolusVM modules are very complex and extensive, and it is not possible to create perfect solution in the first edition.
    Now we can go with the next iteration and provide more possibilities and functionalities with the next module update.
    We are open for any feedback that can also help us to improve our modules.

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

That is good to know that client area is not encrypted.

• @ModulesGarden I´m waiting for the VNC functionality, than i buy it :)

• RemiRemi Member

still had time for this announcement @serverian when youre company cloudive is in evaporating http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8755280&postcount=49

learn in digitalocean

• RemiRemi Member

i pity in your customer

• @Remi, I'm not sure what do you mean. We have been online the whole time and still are. We have just promised an upgrade to our customers and that have been delayed. The upgrade won't cause any downtime, either. So, I suggest you read and understand what is going on around the world before coming with accusations and sucking up for some company.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@ModuleGarden

SolusVM Reseller module: This module allow reseller to create vps from their own WHMCS?(not from our whmcs)

• @DewlanceVPS

SolusVM Extended Reseller For WHMCS allows the owner of WHMCS and SolusVM server owner (you) to quickly and conveniently create ready products (reseller packages) in your WHMCS. Your resellers can purchase these products from you by placing orders in your WHMCS client area. Afterwards your resellers can sell the SolusVM server resources to their own customers and monitor the information in your WHMCS client area. Resellers can create users and virtual servers. Next, resellers can assign the virtual server/s to particular users and give the access details to their customers. Customers simply log in to the VPS Control Panel and manage the servers provided by reseller.

• @ModulesGarden how will the module upgrade be performed? (just replace all the files?)

• @FrapHost said:
    ModulesGarden how will the module upgrade be performed? (just replace all the files?)

That's how the beta was, so I'd imagine it would be.

edited July 2013

@FrapHost Exactly, simply replace all the files and that's it.

• Thank you all for the valuable feedback!

SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS 1.2 and SolusVM Extended Cloud For WHMCS 1.2 will be released in the next week. Versions 1.2 will contain VNC Console for KVM, new layout to choose and many other fixes and improvements. Stay tuned!

• @ModulesGarden Are there any template files included to modify the UI?

edited July 2013

Yes, you can modify .tpl files located in 'templates' directory and adjust the display of UI according to your needs.

Additionally, we have nearly finished the work on second layout containing a different set of template files. It will be available from version 1.2 which we will release within one week.