Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU Dedicated Server

UnixfyUnixfy Member
edited June 2017 in Requests

Hello,

I am looking for a dedicated server. I would like the monthly cost to be about $20 (same or lower for longer billing periods).

Here are the specs (see these as a "wishlist"; feel free to make any similar offer):

• Decent processor. At least 4 cores and a Passmark benchmark above 1000 points, and VT-d. Atoms are fine.

• At least 8GB of RAM. Preferably more, like 12GB or 16GB.

• Option to buy additional IPs, but start off with one IPv4. Max price $1/mo/IPv4, but I'd prefer around $.75/mo/IPv4 (failover IPs are fine). I need additional IPs because I plan to run VMs on the dedi, and would like to be able to assign each VM an individual IPv4 (instead of using NAT).

• At least /64 range of IPv6, but a /48 is preferred (so each VM can have its own /64).

• At least 500GB of disk space - HDD

• 2TB of BW @ 1Gbit or 3TB of BW @ 500Mbit or unlimited BW @ 100Mbit

I would prefer the machine to be in the European region, but feel free to make any offer that is not within that area. However, I will prefer offers in the EU over those outside of the EU.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1ewrek

Comments

• A dedicated server for 15$? It's either OVH's kimisufi or good luck.

• bluesegabluesega Member
    edited June 2017

I guess you'll have to stick to either Kimsufi or online.net, all others won't have your RAM/HDD and BW (gbit lol) for that price.
    Double that and there's more choice.

Probably worldstream.nl ...?

• @karatekidmonkey said:
    I am looking for a dedicated server with a min of 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD and 1TB @ 1Gbps.

I would like the monthly cost to be about $15

Yeah wouldn't we all!

What's it going to be used for? You'll need to either up your budget or reduce your requirements?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

@madnoob said:
    A dedicated server for 15$? It's either OVH's kimisufi or good luck.

Kimsufi doesn't have additional IPv4 that he needs. I can't think of anyone who can do this.

• I do not know what grass you're smoking ... But it's better cancel it.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2017

There is this for 12,99€/mo :

AMD Opteron X2150 (4 x 1,5 GHz; Benchmark: 2054)

8 GB DDR3

1 x 1.000 GB

1 x 32 GB SSD

1 Gbit/s unlimited traffic (300 Mbit/s peak)

IPv4 @ 1€/month

IPv6 /64 included

https://servdiscount.com/ ( SD-X2150)

Although this is MyLoc!!! So beware. That Webtropia datacenter isnt known for being the best cough

Thanked by 2Unixfy Leonn
  • VortexNode maybe?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@bugrakoc said:
    VortexNode maybe?

Nope, too soon.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited June 2017

bluesega said: I guess you'll have to stick to either Kimsufi or online.net, all others won't have your RAM/HDD and BW (gbit lol) for that price. Double that and there's more choice.

It doesn't need to be Gbit. I'm happy with 100Mbit.

adamluk said: What's it going to be used for? You'll need to either up your budget or reduce your requirements?

I was going to use it for virtualization. I would be happy to upgrade my budget to about $20-25 if needed.

bugrakoc said: VortexNode maybe?

I heard they're going down https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/116479/vortexnode-linovus-completely-bankrupt#latest

Yeah, I've been looking at them, but I have heard bad things about them (not delivering servers).

• Depending on how many additional ips you need you could look at the soyoustart line. It starts at a higher pricepoint, but it gives you ips at a one-time fee, meaning you can instead spend the monthly ip cost on servercost instead, gaining you a nicer server.

• @Ympker said:

Although this is MyLoc!!! So beware. That Webtropia datacenter isnt known for being the best cough

Don't use servdiscount. Trust me.

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Saragoldfarb said:

@Ympker said:

Don't use servdiscount. Trust me.

Was not recommending them. Just offering smth that matches ops needs^^

• sinsin Member

Worldstream.nl is great and might be able to get sorta close to your budget.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

Hello,

Our Green G3900 could feet but we charge additional ip 2.8$/ip/month.

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited June 2017

sin said: Worldstream.nl is great and might be able to get sorta close to your budget.

Yep, they're my #1 pick right now :)

EDIT: also @ikoula isn't SERV50 one-time?

Thanked by 1sin
  • @sin said:

I've also looked at Worldstream but they does not seems to look affordable, which plan are you referring to ?

• sinsin Member

@cyberpersons said:

@sin said:

I've also looked at Worldstream but they does not seems to look affordable, which plan are you referring to ?

For example (obviously the OP wants better cpu and more ram but the other plans are just as great budget wise), a base price of only € 10.80/month (ordering yearly) gets you (and not to mention far superior support then say OVH):

Intel Core i3 2100 3.10Ghz
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    500GB HDD
    50TB Traffic
    5 Gbit DDoS Protection

or the better CPUs: https://www.worldstream.nl/custom_dedicated_servers

• @sin said:

@cyberpersons said:

@sin said:

For example (obviously the OP wants better cpu and more ram but the other plans are just as great budget wise), a base price of only € 10.80/month (ordering yearly) gets you (and not to mention far superior support then say OVH):

Intel Core i3 2100 3.10Ghz
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    500GB HDD
    50TB Traffic
    5 Gbit DDoS Protection

or the better CPUs: https://www.worldstream.nl/custom_dedicated_servers

Yes I agree, ram is way to less.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

The SERV50 coupon code works one time but can last three months if you choose to take the server for at tleast three months.