Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

InceptionHosting NAT Range
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

InceptionHosting NAT Range

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited June 2017 in Reviews

I ordered a NAT VPS from @AnthonySmith LES range to setup a proxy and unblock some sites for US streaming and it works smooth. So far there is not really much more to say except that I am happy with the service and quality delivered although it seems a bit odd that I only get ~20mbps when running a speedtest in the browser even though I have 400 Mbits download speed usually. That being said 20 mbps is more than enough to stream content in HD so I wont complain :)

Keep it up Anthony! I bet you dont get much profit from this offer anyway.

HwInfo

hostname:

SO: Debian GNULinux 7

(wheezy) 32 bits

kernel: 2.6.32-042stab123.2

virtual: OpenVZ

cpu: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v2 @ 2.60GHz

vcpu: 1 core / 5199.99 bogomips

RAM: 128 MB (68% used) / swap 0 MB (0% used)

HD: 2.1G (25% used) / inkling speed 88.2 MB/s

cachefly 10MB: 25.8 MB/s (probably Gigabit Port)

Thanked by 1yomero

Comments

• Not exactly what I would class as a review

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ympker said: I bet you don't get much profit from this offer anyway

Thanks, it is not a considered a commercial service so it is not profit driven.

based on your cachefly result it seems more likely to be an issue with the VPN configuration or perhaps residential isp throttling of VPN traffic, that is quite common in the UK, not sure about the rest of the world.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Ympker said: I bet you don't get much profit from this offer anyway

Thanks, it is not a considered a commercial service so it is not profit driven.

based on your cachefly result it seems more likely to be an issue with the VPN configuration or perhaps residential isp throttling of VPN traffic, that is quite common in the UK, not sure about the rest of the world.

Using https://github.com/barankilic/3proxy :P

Dunno about Vodafone throttling in Germany but I sometimes got more speed on Ovpn so I guess it is not being throttled.

edited June 2017

ah ok well the latency over to the west coast USA is going to be a killer as well then from DE especially over a cellular network.

• bluesegabluesega Member
    edited June 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    ah ok well the latency over to the west coast USA is going to be a killer as well then from DE especially over a cellular network.

Vodafone is also a home connection provider in Germany :)
    Still, it's just latency doing its job here. Can't get much more than 25mbit/s from my San Jóse Server from @LizCat as well, even though it's gigabit and my connection 250mbps as well.
    It's fine though I guess.
    Interestingly, even East Asia is lot faster than that though ...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Yeah I guess :P If cellular means wifi/mobile internet it wont be the issue as Im using LAN here :P

Ympker said: Yeah I guess :P If cellular means wifi/mobile internet it wont be the issue as Im using LAN here :P

I see, vodafone is a mobile network only in the UK, they have routers etc for LAN but the WAN is mobile 4G/LTE which is where the higher latency comes in to play.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@AnthonySmith said:

Ympker said: Yeah I guess :P If cellular means wifi/mobile internet it wont be the issue as Im using LAN here :P

I see, vodafone is a mobile network only in the UK, they have routers etc for LAN but the WAN is mobile 4G/LTE which is where the higher latency comes in to play.

Im in Germany though

Ympker said: Im in Germany though

Yep, sorry I was just saying I assumed it was 4G/LTE because Vodafone is mobile only here, I did not know they did fiber to the home in DE.

Ant.

Thanked by 1Ympker